KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Stevens Transport

Is this your company?

Stevens Transport

Add a Review

Stevens Transport Employee Reviews about "good training"

Updated Dec 10, 2020

Found 15 of over 292 reviews

2.9
Stevens Transport Chairman and CEO Steven L. Aaron (no image)
Steven L. Aaron
Pros
  • "Safety regulations Good training program(in 18 reviews)

• "They have a good training and school(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The pay scale and home time is not good(in 17 reviews)

• "Long hours, low pay is the nature of the job, but safety is high priority(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "good training"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A fair place to work at

Jun 28, 2019 - Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good training and safety

Cons

When trying to get you home

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review and share your feedback about your experience driving for Stevens Transport. We really appreciate it and are glad you found our training program and safety emphasis to be top-notch.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ready to work

Oct 9, 2020 - OTR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Safety regulations Good training program

Cons

Too much down time Not enough miles as a solo driver

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad you had an overall positive experience with our training program and driving for Stevens Transport and wish you luck in your driving career.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee

They’re okay

Dec 10, 2020 - CDL Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a good training and school

Cons

Kinda mess you over with home time

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad that you had a good experience with your training and CDL school. If you would like to provide more information regarding your situation with home time, please reach out to HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company is 50/50

Sep 17, 2019 - Company Truck Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to start in industry, Health benefits are good, Equipment is new, Good training programs.

Cons

Half of the people Ive experienced are toxic, don't want to do their jobs, or are incompetent, shady pay practices.

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you have had an overall positive experience driving for Stevens Transport over the past 2 years. Your input helps us to continually improve. If there are specific concerns you would like to address, please feel free to reach out to our Human Resources Director at HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com .

5. 3.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Seems like all student driver companies are the same

May 10, 2013 - Student Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Outstanding training; teaching students how to be safe on the road and protect the motoring public. Good training procedures with two 4 day classes and two times out on the road, once with a driver trainer and once with another student driver.

Cons

Poor management, lack of respect or courtesy for the drivers and students, low pay rate for students compared to other companies. The new drivers don't make as much money because the drivers with seniority or in the Alliance lease program will get the best loads.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Wonderful place to come and train to drive.

Feb 8, 2011 - Driver, Contractor in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training program, wonderful CDL program, Great lanes, good freight.. good safety culture. Great Lease Program, good miles, wonderful HAZMAT Program. Great support, and teamwork on management and the DM team.

Cons

Long hours, out for weeks at a time, typical Long-haul issues, Not being 100% forward at the Recruitment level. lack of cellphone program

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

good company for new drivers

May 15, 2017 - Truck Driver in Laredo, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

it's a good company for new drivers, they have good training , they are good on safety, fuel bonus

Cons

low pay .30 a mile, low or no lay over pay, they don't pay all the miles i always was between 30-100 miles short, 10 c a mile empy,

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Talent & Development

I am glad that we agree that the training and safety programs are great here at Stevens! Your analysis of pay, however is not correct. You do start out at .30cpm, however we are long haul and have the most miles per dispatch of any company in the nation. You cannot compare the cpm of a long-haul company to that of one doing LTL. You aren’t comparing apples to apples! You will have less stops and time loading and unloading, and more time making money and driving! It seems like you were a little confused on how your pay worked. We DO NOT cheat our drivers out of miles. We pay shortest distance from point A to point B, which is the same way we are paid by our customers. This is industry standard, and you do not get additional pay for taking longer distance routes. You DO NOT get paid 10cpm for empty miles. We pay empty miles at the same rate we pay loaded miles if we are sending you to pick up another load. We are sorry that Stevens was not a good fit for you, and wish you the best for your future!

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Training Company

Oct 9, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will Receive Good Training

Cons

Please take it all at face value

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Talent & Development

I am glad that you agree that we have excellent training! It is our goal to give each of our Drivers the best opportunity for success and that includes our training programs, high safety focus, and and emphasis on taking care of our Drivers from all of our office employees because you are right, our Drivers are the reason we are so successful today! It sounds like one of our Driver Managers might have been a little over helpful. Would you mind reaching out to us at feedback@stevenstransport.com so we can look into this issue? Without knowing what happened, we lose a valuable coaching moment for our office staff. Our Drivers are professionals, and we certainly want to treat them as such! We will certainly miss you on our fleet. It sounds like you are exactly the kind of employee we most value and we wish you the very best for your future!

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Stevens did me good when I first started trucking.

Jan 14, 2014 - OTR Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stevens is a great place to get into trucking. Good equipment and good training.

Cons

Management said they were open door but it took forever to get in to see anyone.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

class a driver

Feb 29, 2016 - Class A Commercial Truck Driver in Roxbury Crossing, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really good training company money is good on the leasing program

Cons

Can't own a truck after leasing because of a balloon payment

Creative Director

Our leasing program is designed to help drivers achieve financial freedom. We have business classes and other training available to help you make the most out of your business. If you are not getting the results you would like please reach out to the Alliance team, your driver manager, or other support personnel to see how we can help you. At Stevens Transport, we are thankful for everything our dedicated drivers do for us, and so their success is our main concern.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews