KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Stevens Transport

Is this your company?

Stevens Transport

Add a Review

Stevens Transport Employee Reviews about "training program"

Updated Oct 9, 2020

Found 18 of over 292 reviews

2.9
Stevens Transport Chairman and CEO Steven L. Aaron (no image)
Steven L. Aaron
Pros
  • "Safety regulations Good training program(in 18 reviews)

• "They have a good training and school(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The pay scale and home time is not good(in 17 reviews)

• "Long hours, low pay is the nature of the job, but safety is high priority(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "training program"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Driver (Contractor)

Nov 2, 2017 - Truck Driver in Altoona, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training program! I dare say the best in the Industry! Chance to make great pay if you work hard and stay in communication with DM and planners. Make sure you manage your fuel. Friendly staff. Great equipment! Superior safety dept. Feeling safe and knowing Stevens is not going to ask us to do anything to jeopardize our safety is what keeps me here.

Cons

The shop is a little less friendly and could communicate with drivers better. They tend to be put off by asking questions. Look we live on and depend on our trucks out here on the road to allow us to make money and stay safe. When I ask questions I either can't understand them because of accent or they give me a vague answer. I get much better service at TA or Petro. The inconsistency of different shop employees amuses me. I really have to stay on top what their doing with my truck and that is so easy. I have no problem with Pat Yarborough. But he isn't usually here when I am getting my truck worked on. Oh yeah, please up date the showers in drivers lounge. I don't feel very clean after showering in there. High school locker rooms aren't that bad.

5 people found this review helpful

Director of Talent & Development

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! We love to see the pride that you obviously have in this company, and we are certainly proud of you as well! We also take a lot of pride in our safety program as well, it is good to hear that you feel we always keep our drivers best interests in mind because safety is definitely in the forefront of many of our operating decisions. Thank you for giving us such great constructive feedback as well. I have already sent your experiences with the shop to their director. We want the service here to be the best you can receive. After all, this should be your home base and no one should take care of you better than family! As far as the showers in the driver’s lounge, good news! We are aware of that an update is needed and are considering several options moving forward. We do have very skilled housekeeping staff, however, that do clean the shower area in the driver lounge twice daily. Although dated, it is a clean and safe environment. If you have any other suggestions for us, please send them to feedback@stevenstransport.com. Our senior drivers are a very valuable resource, and we know it! We are in a state of continuous improvement and with feedback like what you spent the time giving us today, there is no where to go but up! Thank you for being such an excellent part of our team, and stay safe out there!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ready to work

Oct 9, 2020 - OTR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Safety regulations Good training program

Cons

Too much down time Not enough miles as a solo driver

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad you had an overall positive experience with our training program and driving for Stevens Transport and wish you luck in your driving career.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Training

Apr 21, 2020 - Company Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Training program of about 6 weeks.

Cons

The Grad process is basically Orientation all over again.

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about the training program at Stevens Transport. We appreciate it and salute you for helping to keep America moving during this critical time.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It's ok Excellent Training

Sep 4, 2019 - Company Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best training program hands down. U might have to wait a little bit. To get a trainer. But they give u the tools to be successful if u decide to leave or stay!

Cons

They suck at giving u home time. Hands down!

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We are glad you had an overall positive experience at Stevens Transport and felt our training program was the best in the industry. We do our best and make the effort to get our drivers home to their families, but as you know, that is one of the harder parts about a career driving OTR. We appreciate your time driving for Stevens Transport and wish you luck in your next career move.

5. 2.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great training company for beginners.

Mar 19, 2020 - OTR Truck Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to learn about operating a Commercial Vehicle safely, great safety and driver training program

Cons

Pay and ability to get you home when requested

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your review and feedback about our driver training program. We appreciate it and wish you luck in your next career move.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Train and Leave

Apr 27, 2019 - Train and Leave in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training program is what you will get to help you in the future.

Cons

You have to understand the model, Stevens hires you to lose you. In 1 year my class had 2 people left so over 90% turnover. They make money off of training and school as well as drivers so when you leave they have another new student ready to go, it is the model. If you understand that it is not the place to have a long term job you will be OK. If lucky you can make $35,000 in a year. Then you leave for a trucking company not a training company.

5 people found this review helpful

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your thoughts. While we appreciate your comments on our incredible training program, we would like to also point out that we have thousands of drivers who have made their forever driving careers with Stevens Transport. We are sorry it was not a good fit for you but wish you well in your next career move.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Good Place To Start

Mar 28, 2013 - Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training program is by far one of the BEST! Home Time is not a problem but for me it's because I live where freight goes to and the Prima Donas Drivers don't want to drive into(NYC). Actually getting anywhere is not a problem if you work it correctly. Best equipment by far. For the current drivers not happy-go somewhere else. You will find it's the same at another company just painted in a different color. Especially once the Honeymoon is over. Communicating with different departments for ME is not an issue but then again it's ALL on how you conduct yourself while on the phone. Give attitude expect some back!! If you are looking to start into the industry it's a great place to start however if you're looking to make BIG BUCKS instantly try somewhere else.

Cons

Too much emphasis on the Leasing Program. Seems like you get more recognition on the Alliance side. Really don't care to hear about all the completions,bonus,etc over the Qualcom. Otherwise not a bad place to work

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Upset driver

Mar 13, 2019 - Truck Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fairly decent training program

Cons

I have a major problem getting a hold of anyone are getting an individual to return my call or message

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your review and feedback. We understand your frustration and want to help you immediately. Since we have no way to get in contact with you from an anonymous review, we urge you to please contact our Human Resources Director immediately to help fix the communication issues you are experiencing. Please reach out to HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

I love my job

Jul 14, 2016 - Truck Driver in Lapeer, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best equipment, best training program, regular home time, dedicated lanes avalable. Stevens has won awards for premier refrigerated carrier in the industry.

Cons

No cons, really. If there is a family emergency you can expect immediate transportation home from wherever you're located. The cons are industry-wide, and they do their best to make things right if they go wrong while you're on the road.

4 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

8 years!!!!! THANK YOU! It's very helpful to see the various facets of how you think about work life with our company and we love that you love what you do. As always, it is reassuring to know what we are doing right. We strongly believe that putting people in the position to do the best work of their career is the best and most sustainable advantage we can have, and we really do try to provide that experience to everyone who walks through our doors. That said, we are absolutely open to constructive criticism and to hearing about what we can do differently and/or better, and encourage you to share any other thoughts that come to mind. Thank you again for believing in us. We look forward to you being part of our family for many more years to come!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Wonderful place to come and train to drive.

Feb 8, 2011 - Driver, Contractor in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training program, wonderful CDL program, Great lanes, good freight.. good safety culture. Great Lease Program, good miles, wonderful HAZMAT Program. Great support, and teamwork on management and the DM team.

Cons

Long hours, out for weeks at a time, typical Long-haul issues, Not being 100% forward at the Recruitment level. lack of cellphone program

3 people found this review helpful