Stifel Financial "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Stifel Financial Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Oct 25, 2019

3.7
Stifel Financial CEO Ronald J. Kruszewski (no image)
Ronald J. Kruszewski
Pros
  • "Great benefits, great work life balance, interesting job(in 23 reviews)

• "Great people, lax environment, good networking opportunities(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Stifel was late to learn that if you treat employees well they will take care of the customers(in 13 reviews)

• "It is making me have a 20 word minimum for this answer but there are no cons(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Stifel Financial for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

No cons to working here

Stifel Financial2019-10-25
  2. "Great Place to Work"

I worked at Stifel Financial full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Stifel. Great people and benefits.

Cons

More training to encourage growth.

Stifel Financial2018-10-02
  3. "Internship"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Stifel Financial

Pros

Great people, lax environment, good networking opportunities

Cons

location wise, St. Louis might not be the place to meet other professionals in Finance

Stifel Financial2018-08-13
  4. "Equity Research Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Stifel Financial

Pros

Great culture, beautiful offices in Baltimore, great people

Cons

Can be too traditional at times

Stifel Financial2017-11-09

"It's OK"

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Stifel Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, easy to get along with on a personal level with just about everyone in the department.

Cons

You have to be a "favorite" to move up in the structure. If you do get promoted, you have to get the approval of both the new supervisor and your current one, which I've felt leads to some of the better people being held back. Often promotions do not come with a title change or raise, which leads to people leaving as soon as they have a year or two in the position to get the experience and then leave for much better... paying positions at other firms.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people - they are your bread and butter and without them you'll soon be left with the short end of the stick. Pay people what they're worth so that you keep talent in the house.

Stifel Financial2016-11-08
  6. "Great company"

Financial Advisor in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Stifel Financial

Pros

Professional, personable, low key, easy to work for, good company and great people.

Cons

none, good company, nice place to work

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Stifel Financial2016-09-21

"A few changes on the admin management side would do wonders"

Administrative Assistant

I worked at Stifel Financial

Pros

There are a lot of great people who work at this company. Personally I LOVED working for my bosses and really the entire office was great. You will be surrounded by very smart, hard-working people.

Cons

On the corporate/admin side they are really stuck in this ancient mode when it comes to their support staff. It might depend on the office, but in general an admin is looked at as just an admin and working your way up from that position is not likely (at least in the IB department). Also, there is not a flexibility when it comes to the admin/support staff schedule. Even for people at the management level on the HR... side any telecommuting options are frowned upon, and if you are just at a basic support staff level they might not allow you to work from home even during a major snow storm. If you have a strong work ethic and are the type of person that is more than willing to be on call for the people that you work with 24/7, this might not be a great place for you to work as an admin because you get reprimanded for that by "office managers" or other administrative management even if the bankers that you work for are appreciative of it/pleased with your work. Also, even if you are working as an executive assistant you won't always receive that job title or fair compensation for what you do unless you were specifically hired for that job and that salary from the very beginning. They treat their admin staff as a pool of people and even if you were hired for one job they will pull you to do other things if they know you are capable of it. Which would be great if they gave you the appropriate title and compensation for the work, but in my experience that wasn't happening. Also a more general comment - they are SO far behind as far as technology goes. It is painful.

Advice to Management

Have a more modern approach when dealing with your support staff. Allow them to be the best that they can be. Give them a bit more flexibility as long as they have proven themselves to be deserving of it. You don't want to lose good, strong people due to a black-and-white management style.

Stifel Financial2016-07-06

"Associate"

I worked at Stifel Financial full-time

Pros

Great people to learn from

Cons

Lesser known brand. Mid market pay

Advice to Management

None

Stifel Financial2016-05-11

"Great people - not so great benefits"

I worked at Stifel Financial full-time

Pros

Teams are comprised of great people, work is constant, never a dull moment

Cons

Benefits are lacking compared to other firms in the area. 401k match is dumped in at the end of the year. Vacation and Sick time are joined.

Stifel Financial2016-04-20
  10. "Great Internship"

Former Intern - The Vice President of Investments

I worked at Stifel Financial

Pros

Great people to work with in the office, very friendly and felt like a part of the company within weeks. Internship was very flexible

Cons

For the most part there were no cons except for the fact the facility was downtown and a little bit of a walk from the parking garage. Otherwise no complaints.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep doing what you are doing, work hard to keep a close nit office and keep drama to a minimum

Stifel Financial2016-03-24