Stillwater National Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Funke

1. "Awesome Place to work"

Former Employee - Web/Sharepoint Developer in Stillwater, OK
    Former Employee - Web/Sharepoint Developer in Stillwater, OK

I worked at Stillwater National Bank (More than a year)

Pros

Great People, Lots of ownership in your work.

Cons

None! There was some after hours and weekend work but it was a great place to work!

Advice to Management

Keep Up the good work

2. "Taking the High Road"

I worked at Stillwater National Bank full-time

Pros

I worked in a decent department with a good manager who cared. This manager treated me well and fought for their employees; I would work for them again. We were a small department.

Cons

It was a struggle the entire time at SNB. 'Pants on fire' is a horrible way to run things. Recently, SNB was acquired by Simmons Bank. I could not recommended this company prior to this acquisition nor afterwards.

3. "Teller"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

I worked at Stillwater National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I do not have many pros to give except MOST of my co-workers were easy to work with! Decent scheduling.

Cons

Always short staffed, terrible systems always failing, HORRIBLE management, very corrupt bank, printers are difficult to use and always down, nobody listens to your concerns, selfish management only concerned about them selves. Employees are constantly in and out. Discriminatory. Low pay. SLOW.

Advice to Management

CARE
    Learn to find a balance between caring about your employees and customers.
    Try acting like the employees boss and not their friends.
    Stop having outside relationships with your employees.
    I could go on & on.

"Operations"

Current Employee - Ops in Stillwater, OK
    Current Employee - Ops in Stillwater, OK

I have been working at Stillwater National Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I Work with some great people

Cons

Pay not consistent with other banks
    Absolutely no diversity
    No diversity programs
    No managers of color
    Systems are always down

Advice to Management

Pay people better salaries
    Address diversity issues
    Address closed mindsets and hire people of color
    Address system/technology issues

5. "A Nepotistic Environment"

I worked at Stillwater National Bank full-time

Pros

Some really hardworking, positive and friendly people work well with you.
    Having sick days separate from holidays or time off is a big help.

Cons

Favoritism and nepotism run rampant. You won't go far if you don't know the right people. And those people are horrible. Bosses make unrealistic demands, peons are underpaid and always having to learn from the ground up. Turnover is rampant because the pay is well below industry average and insurance benefits are practically useless.

Advice to Management

Stop giving yourselves raises and actually pay the people that work under you. Give actual bonuses and not some employee appreciation day that means nothing. Encourage the employees that actually work. Stop encouraging gossip and harmful competition. But mostly try to retain employees by rewarding hard work.

6. "Assist Vice President"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President of Budget and Forecasting in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Stillwater National Bank full-time

Pros

Excellent staff! Good benefits. Friendly HR.

Cons

None that i can think of

Advice to Management

None

7. "Promotions and raises are not not based on merit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Stillwater National Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work around. Started more of a small town bank, but has grown a lot in the last year or so. They have a smart, hungry, proactive leader in place now, and he is capable of tripling the bank's size, and is in fact growing it at astonishingly fast speeds. Ok benefits package, and time off. They have employee appreciation days that are neat - if you want a lot of company logo merchandise. I heard it a lot in the trenches of the front line they would much rather have a raise than all the gifts together that year. It's a family atmosphere most of the time to work here. Tensions can get extreme, and it's very hard to work around.

Cons

Promotion and higher job titles can not be earned through hard work and dedication to the bank. Going up the ladder is not based on merit, it's based on being hand chosen by someone high enough to campaign on your behalf for a job title that has in no way been earned. I've seen it again and again. I've watched some of the most devious, backhanded, untrustworthy people go extremely far up the corporate ladder only because they're liked by the right person. Workplace politics are extremely prevalent here. Working around it ends up creating a hostile work environment, resentment, and no faith that the system will ever improve until it is known about all the way up to the top. Until then, it's really just a matter of time before litigation occurs from a bitter ex-employee. I've personally witnessed sexual discrimination that is so obvious, it's almost like watching the cheesy training videos of what you are never supposed to do at the workplace.

Advice to Management

New President Mr. Mark Funke is a wonderful leader with great vision, but I don't know that he is aware that some very highly ranked employee behaviors could easily be viewed as workplace bullying, and I can see it very clearly as well. They need outside help for this to be truly taken care of from an unbiased 3rd party observer. I honestly don't see anything will ever change until something blows up, which of course it's too late then.

8. "Not a long term job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

I have been working at Stillwater National Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employees to work with. Most of the folks you assist are grateful, polite and positive.
    You learn a lot on the job.

Cons

The pay is well below market value. Management keeps giving themselves raises and high salaries while the tellers, business and mortgage analysts just manage to keep their heads above out.
    There is high turnover because salaries are not matched and new people have to adapt to the same systems that ultimately engender their leaving within a year.
    There is no real incentive to stay especially if you don't play office politics.

Advice to Management

Give employees a decent wage and institute annual raises for the workers who give results. Encourage training and discourage gossip. It makes the workplace paranoid.

9. "Good job for people in school or who want a lot of downtime in their job."

Former Employee - Commercial Teller in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Commercial Teller in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Stillwater National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office culture, work-life balance, low amounts of stress.

Cons

Pay, not much room for advancement.

10. "Great people; mediocre pay."

I worked at Stillwater National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There we're learning experience around every corner.

Cons

Pay.
    Opportunities for advancement.
    Uneven compensation.

Advice to Management

Brainstorm ways to retain talent.