Stitch Fix Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

3.7
Stitch Fix Founder & CEO Katrina Lake
Katrina Lake
Pros
  • "Work from home or at a coffee shop(in 218 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, great pay, fun job(in 99 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Company-wide closure for national holidays does not include part-time stylists(in 154 reviews)

• "Minimal benefits for part-time employees(in 63 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Stitch Fix and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great job!

May 12, 2021 - Remote Stitch Fix Stylist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, you create your own schedule with flexible hours, discount, decent pay for a completely remote position, manager really cares, lots of training so you are knowledgeable about your job.

Cons

Nothing I can think of, I enjoyed my time at Stitch Fix.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Soul Crushing

Apr 21, 2021 - Stylist
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros. What are touted as pros "remote" "flexible scheduling" or anything else is a lie. This place will make you hate your life and time here before any pros even matter.

Cons

-They truly have no inventory available. Maybe 4 shirts for an old woman and ugly dresses you've seen the past 3 years. They tell you to get creative. -They once told us they didn't order sweaters for plus size clients because these clients "run warm". They actually said that believing it was perfectly ok. -They micromanage like you are a child. They expect you to churn out fixes with no time at all but also want to know where every single minute is spent. -Their proprietary styling platform has problems daily. When you can't work they ask you to clock out and move your hours to later in the day/week. They don't care that you scheduled yourself in advance (like you were instructed to) or that any other retailer would have to pay you to be there even if their systems go down. -The employee morale is lower than it's ever been and they don't care because as far as they see clients are buying enough product to look good on books for stockholders. -The leads are robotic and have no mgmt experience. it's all a popularity contest to make it to lead. -Oh, and the lingo they use here is awful. It's like the worst tech garbage that people say so they fit in with the "culture".

13 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Current Employee

Chaotic. Disorganized. Low Morale.

May 10, 2021 - Merchandising in Egham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

PTO policy, 401k matching, employee assistance programs, discount

Cons

- Merchandising org is political and catty. - Promotions are not equitable and based on favorites of leadership. - Burnout and low morale is rampant, however, this issue is never addressed. No concrete action steps to improve hostile work environment. - No clear vision from leaders and working off knee jerk direction constantly. - Extreme lack of diversity. - Little to no development opportunities. - Not much transparency behind decision being made (strategies, career paths and assessments, promotion eligibility requirements, you name it).

4. 5.0

Great environment

May 7, 2021 - Warehouse Associate in Pewsey, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very diverse and accepting of people from all walks of life. Most people truly enjoy coming to work and it makes a world of a difference when everyone loves going to work! Catered events many times throughout the year, in-warehouse events, spirit days. Great culture all around!

Cons

Some favoritism happens (which is to be expected in any job) but nothing over the top. Only one shift, a great shift but wish there were more options available in that aspect.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Like it

May 9, 2021 - Outbound Order Picker in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, paid well for warehouse job of this intensity, they provide a FULLY stocked food area and coolers full of beverages and cold snacks, and finally a free fountain drink machine

Cons

Cliques, walk on warehouse concrete or stand on a mat if your job doesn't require much actual walking

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Benefits - Same as the rest

May 11, 2021 - Warehouse Associate in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits start day 1. Good pay, with market competitive increases. Difficult to get fired.

Cons

Inefficiency and lack of training. StitchFix preaches equity and being progressive. But, they are still a publicly traded company. And numbers that make investors happy will always outweigh the wellbeing of the lower lever employees. They send out surveys twice a year for feedback. But, you never see anything acknowledged or changed. And if the necessary changes do not fit into the theorized processes that were developed by someone far away, with no working knowledge of how things work in individual facilities, then they just let you keep struggling. 90% of the staff in my warehouse (Indianapolis, IN) were never trained correctly. And the leadership team is too busy scrambling to produce, as to avoid being yelled at by upper level, to tale the time to effectively train or re-train the associates. And that is assuming they even admit there is a problem. All levels of staff are left to beat their heads against the same wall, until they give up. Attendance is low, on a daily basis, because the associates are physically and mentally exhausted from fighting the same issues, day-in and day-out. And most of the team who has any awareness is disenfranchised and on the verge of quitting, at any time. I don't handle inefficiency well. And being mandated to work overtime when you know exactly WHY the team is behind, is basically punishment.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Just don't- read reviews if you're on the fence.

May 12, 2021 - Customer Experience in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home (almost all positions in this field are though)

Cons

Where to begin... just like what all other reviews have said Stitch Fix will work you till you question your sanity. Before taking this job, I looked at reviews and thought "I've never had any issues working hard so I'll be the exception" don't make my mistake. No one will be the exception. Leadership doesn't care about anyone and it's SO toxic. If you're sick, or become ill they will ask you to "not let it happen again"- even with the best attendance. It really says a ton about the company when not a single person leaves and wishes they stayed. The best advice I received in my years here is when you leave don't ever look back. I just want to help spare anyone I can from taking a position in client experience here. It hasn't changed in years and still as I'm writing this remains the same. Don't waste your time- sure the pay is a few dollars more then other support positions in Austin but it comes at a price and I can assure you the price is not worth it. The turnover rate is extremely high so every week you'll have a renewed fear for job security. Leadership expects and then takes action off their own twisted personal 'worst case scenario' then asks questions later. They say they are transparent but they are not. Life is too short to work for a company that thrives off employees who are so comfortable being uncomfortable they just end up staying until they are terminated.

8. 4.0

great culture

May 11, 2021 - Buying Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

a great atmosphere of kind and smart people

Cons

limited opportunities to move around departments

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Loved it!

Apr 26, 2021 - Remote Stitch Fix Stylist in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stitch Fix is a great company to work for. It’s very hard to find a remote job in a retail company. Frequent time off on holidays and weekends if you choose to schedule yourself Monday through Friday. Choose your own hours, and keep track of your own progress.

Cons

If you have to move, you have to resign because you must live within a certain distance of a Stitch Fix Hub to be an employee.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very Flexible Schedule

Mar 26, 2021 - Remote Stitch Fix Stylist in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have a set number of hours I have to work each week but I can work those hours any day or time. Example: I can work 3 hours one day, take two days off, then work 4 hours the following day. As long as I stick to the schedule I submitted it doesn't matter if I work during the day or at night. This is a very flexible job. Overall, Stitch Fix is a great company to work for.

Cons

Sometimes our hours get cut because of outside issues we have no control over (warehouse closures due to covid, winter storms etc). This is extremely difficult for those of us who depend on that income to live.

1 person found this review helpful