Stitch Fix Reviews

3.3
Stitch Fix Founder & CEO Katrina Lake
Katrina Lake
Pros
Cons
  • "Other than stylists, most positions are not remote so it’s very challenging traveling to HQ if you do not live in the city(in 127 reviews)

• "This gets tiring if you work the maximum part time hours(in 45 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Evolving quickly!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stitch Fix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stitchfix allows you to be yourself. Everyone here wants to be here and knows what it takes to run a successful business. Throughout my time I have seen many people come in from the big name tech companies after being burnt out. StitchFix knows not to push you across the line and respects your personal time.

Cons

Although it is getting much better, it is somewhat difficult to be promoted from within. The leveling rubric is a bit arbitrary as compared to other tech companies.

Stitch Fix2019-06-26
  2. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Stitch Fix part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home, flexible hours, great culture

Cons

Not a lot of time allotted for extra activities

Stitch Fix2020-05-15
  3. "Nice work from home job"

4.0
    Former Employee - Remote Stitch Fix Stylist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Stitch Fix part-time

Pros

Work from home. Discount on clothes. Work on own schedule

Cons

Sometimes inventory restrictions when curating a box

Stitch Fix2020-05-18
  4. "Fine"

4.0
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Stitch Fix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun benefits safe parking food

Cons

Management Specialists Temperature Dirty Boring

Stitch Fix2020-05-17
  5. "Loved my job, but was difficult to progress in role."

Former Employee - Client Experience and Stylist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Stitch Fix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Simple and enjoyable work with a great team environment.

Cons

Not great pay for higher-level roles, and hard to move teams.

Stitch Fix2020-05-05

"Great Company, Poor People Leadership"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Stitch Fix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- For the most part, they live by their values and hire truly bright and kind people. - A very human and inspiring CEO - one of the best I've worked for - A genuinely innovative product

Cons

- People team leadership is incredibly political. Doesn't feel like the CPO genuinely cares about people - can be very catty and play favorites. One moment he's brilliant and kind, the next terribly rude and demeaning, talks behind people's backs. Plays a lot of favorites and has hired some equally poor leaders. Terrible culture survey results continually get swept under the rug and ignored. - Change moves very slowly, can be hard to get stuff done.

Stitch Fix2020-05-14

"Unsustainable Workload and Irrational Expectations"

2.0
    Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Stitch Fix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home, kind leads, employee discount.

Cons

This job isn't actually very flexible and the expectations for efficiency mixed with the lack of inventory make it nearly impossible to do the job without having a panic attack much of the time. You work from home, but even a 5 minute phone call is impossible to take/make unlike 90% of other jobs. You are tied to your computer 100% and there is no leeway. There is also too much feedback to go through and you usually just race through not reading it to keep your "feedback read" metric in the green.

Stitch Fix2020-05-05

"Can be a tough and draining job"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Agent In Austin in Austin, TX

I worked at Stitch Fix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I met some amazing people at the office and truly do believe that stitch fix puts a lot of care into who they hire. It’s also a beautiful office in downtown Austin, free snacks, drinks, cool events.

Cons

All in all- your job is 100% customer service. On most days, you will spend 8 hours a day writing emails to clients. Or if you choose to move to multichannel, you’ll be doing phone and chat. They do try to be upfront in the interview about this now, but not when I started. I truly didn’t realize it was full customer service when I started years ago. This can be extremely draining- it’s very tough to talk to clients all day and as I was a senior agent, most were upset and escalated which can definitely take a toll. We also have a high goal to meet and most leads will harp on metrics constantly. It’s not always an easy goal to meet- also frustrating that most leads are externally hired so don’t realize how tough the role actually is as they haven’t done it. The company also has a very strong “the customer is always right” perspective so some clients got away with very disrespectful behavior and I couldn’t fight it. Raises are also few and far between and while the pay isn’t horrible for Austin, it’s not enough. You’ll have to find your own parking - you get a stipend but it’s not enough so I ended up paying quite a bit out of pocket to get to work. All in all, I do think stitch fix is a cool company and I’ve learned a lot while working there! I would never go back to this type of customer service work, though. If you work in the CX office just know what you’re getting yourself into.

9. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stitch Fix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

culture and client focused company. innovative vision, genuine & smart leaders, great people to work with

Cons

not a lot of structured development paths, leadership turnover has made it a rocky road for some teams

Stitch Fix2020-04-27

"Takes advantage of stylist, touts a flexible job (it's not)."

1.0
    Current Employee - Senior Stylist

I have been working at Stitch Fix part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Set your own hours, work from home

Cons

The number of Fixes we are expected to do per hour (4.6) is unreasonable. There often is barely anything in inventory, but our expectations remain the same. If we bring up any frustrations about ANYTHING at all on the internal message board (aka the only place we really get to talk to other coworkers) they tell you that "they hear you" and that's about it..then they tell you to reach out to your lead/manager. Every. Single. Time. "Please reach out to your lead with any more questions." Because they don't want to actually answer your question, especially when other stylists are able to see the response. During the Covid19 response they reduced all of the part-time stylist's hours to maximum 5 hours and then as soon as Stylists were able to file for unemployment (they told us to wait a certain amount of time) they upped the hours to about 10 per week, making it impossible for anyone to actually qualify for unemployment benefits - honestly, who can live on 10 hours a week at $15/hour? They just did this to avoid paying out for unemployment claims. The company only cares about itself, meanwhile, we hear all the time about how the stylists are the backbone of the company and then pull things like this over and over and over again. They only offer unpaid time off and they've reduced the amount of paid sick time so it's impossible to accrue any in a reasonable amount of time. Also they talk about how flexible the job is - but really the only way to style when there is decent inventory is during the daytime hours during weekdays. So if you're looking to take this job as a nights and weekend option, save yourself a huge headache and don't do it.

Stitch Fix2020-05-26