Stitch Fix Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Stitch Fix Founder & CEO Katrina Lake
Katrina Lake

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work from home on your own schedule" (in 111 reviews)

• "Pretty easy, flexible hours and decent pay (for retail)" (in 57 reviews)

Cons
  • "Particular role can be hard to maintain with another full-time job" (in 23 reviews)

• "Limited room for growth from home" (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company, great people, fun job"

Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Stitch Fix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule flexibility, creative outlet, work from home, meaningful relationships, supportive community, amazing people. I still can't believe this job exists and I get paid to do what I do because it's just so amazing. I don't ever see myself quitting this job, whatever other things I may have going on the side.

Cons

Limited inventory can get challenging. But what's a job without challenges? Little time to catch up on non-styling things.

Advice to Management

Better inventory planning. Separate reading feedback time from reading communications time. Reading feedback time can change with hours styled; there should be at least an hour allocated for reading e-mails and communications.

"Remote Stylist"

Current Employee - Remote Stitch Fix Stylist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Remote Stitch Fix Stylist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Stitch Fix part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, easy, professional development if you are looking to grow within the company. They are always hiring stylist and have high turnover so if you like it then you have job security.

Cons

Must work at least 15 hours a week. If you work full time, it can be hard to do 15 additional hours every week of part time work. Available inventory affects the enjoyment and ease of the job. Stylists start at $14 an hour and goes to $15 after a year.

Advice to Management

Lower minimum Styling expectation be 10 hours so more people who are underpaid at full-time jobs can Style.

"Senior Stylist"

Current Employee - Senior Stylist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Stylist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stitch Fix part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Positive leadership

Cons

Narrow age range of employees
    Lack of upward mobility from a remote role to HQ
    No pay raise after one year of employment
    No part-time benefits

Advice to Management

Be open-minded to adding diversity to the organization including age and race

4. "Remote Stylist"

I have been working at Stitch Fix part-time

Pros

Flexibility, training opportunities, positive work culture

Cons

High expectations for meeting metrics

"Needs Improvement"

Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Stitch Fix part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home
    Somewhat flexible hours
    Creative
    Can be really nice building positive relationships with clients
    Positive culture

Cons

Unrealistic expectations to achieve tasks in allotted time
    There are frequent issues with inventory and technical glitches which add frustrating barriers to reaching these expectations
    The pay is not in line with skill set required
    10 minute breaks every 3 hours worked are “optional” and are not factored into paid hours worked
    Not enough time outside of styling to complete reading and responding to email communications, reading and giving true care to feedback from clients, raising “escalations,” taking occasional surveys, reading posts about the aforementioned technical glitches and inventory issues
    They recently reduced sick pay with no other benefits
    Little incentive to keep going when taking all of these cons into consideration
    You have to use your own computer and there is no stipend to compensate for the wear and tear on your device even though the company profits from the lack of overhead they benefit from through this arrangement
    In the end, you ultimately start to feel like a cog in a wheel while being told with a smile, “Keep going! You can do it!” The positive communication then begins to feel patronizing.
    I have worked over 15 hours (unpaid) every single week to keep up with expectations. They say we aren’t supposed to but the system encourages it without saying it outright.

Advice to Management

This job could be great but you need to pay stylists more and/or provide benefits that make it worth trudging ahead through inventory challenges, glitches in Minx, and countless other factors regarding client requests, having to stop work to escalate Fixes and then go back to them later to finish, etc. You should provide a stipend at the very least for the wear and tear on our computers. Allow time for paid ten minute breaks. The FPH expectations are only realistic for robots. We need breaks and benefits as incentives to remain motivated. You should never expect to take existing benefits away (sick pay) without it leaving a bad feeling. It would serve you, the clients, and the stylists well to truly provide a positive work environment that would keep us motivated to stay. To do this job well, it simply requires more time. I have found keeping up in this job extremely stressful. It feels like typical Corporate America with a false smile.

6. "Part-time Stylist"

I have been working at Stitch Fix part-time

Pros

You can work remotely so it is very flexible.

Cons

Doing the same thing can get tedious.

7. "Has gone way down hill"

Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Stitch Fix part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Make your own schedule
    -Don't have to do anything in person
    -Work from home
    -Other stylists really care about the clients

Cons

- Nowhere to go after your 1 year promotion except a lead position which are very difficult to get, no raises for tenure, no bonuses, nothing to keep you
    - Reduced our PTO sick time accrual
    - Inventory has been HORRIBLE for the past 6+ months with no signs of improving
    - Kept to a very high metric standard even when we are not given the proper tools to complete the job
    -Pay does not change whether you are part time or full time or how long you've been with the company. You could have exceptional metrics with 3+ years at the company and make the same as someone who has worked here for 1 month and is in the red for their metrics
    - Management always says "we hear you" but never does anything about it. There is a very large disconnect between upper management and the stylists. We have been begging and begging for months for a better inventory situation and nothing has happened. They continue to hire new stylists without fixing the problem.

Advice to Management

WAKE UP! Morale is at an all-time low and I don't understand how no one gets that. We work our butts off for this company day in and day out and there's nothing to show for it. We continue to get crappy inventory to deal with, which in turn drops our metrics and WE are to blame? Ever since this company went public everything has gone downhill. I used to love to work for SF but now I dread it. It seems you don't care about your employees (especially stylists) at all and that we are just replaceable in your eyes. You've lowered our sick time accrual, don't give any type of raise or bonus, and the most we get for tenure is a pin? Honestly it's so disappointing because there is so much promise here, but it's all wasted. STOP hiring new stylists and take care of the ones you already have. STOP doing new things like Kids and take care of your biggest business - the women's! Make us actually feel heard instead of saying "we hear you" and doing nothing about it. Whoever does the women's merch buying should be required to style for atleast 3 hours in row one day to see what we really have to deal with and they should be held accountable for metrics too....there is such a disconnect. Please fix it. Bring back the SF that made their stylists feel loved and valued. Invest in US. WE are who makes you money.

8. "Warehouse Supervisor"

I have been working at Stitch Fix full-time

Pros

Flexible, Fun, good PTO offering

Cons

Politics in leadership promotion, not a ton of support

"Company needs to learn to treat employees better"

Former Employee - Part Time Stylist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Part Time Stylist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Stitch Fix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only pro is that you can set the time you want to work.

Cons

Some of the Lead stylists are horrible. They don't know how to manage people. They were "favorites" so they got the lead stylist position. Pay is awful for the work you do. Weekly goals are unattainable. Inventory is never good but you still have to style your clients. Would end up sending pieces that you knew clients wouldn't keep. Run from this company and don't look back.

Advice to Management

Give stylists reasonable goals. Hire lead stylists that know how to manage people. You've lost good employees because of the way you treat them.

10. "Work from home but merchadise had a bunch of holes ."

Former Employee - Outfit Artist in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Outfit Artist in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Stitch Fix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule . Work from home. Flexible hours.

Cons

Buttons and pockets missing from garments

Advice to Management

Mechandise way to expensive for poor quality. Customers kept complaining to me. They loved what I chose but hated the price and poor quality of fabric.