KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Stitch Fix CEO Elizabeth Spaulding
Elizabeth Spaulding

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management(in 70 reviews)
  • "Questions like 'Do you feel like you understand the company vision' 'How would you rate your confidence in your direct manager' and so on.(in 31 reviews)
  • "Upper management dealt with these changes with tone deaf, insensitive, and conceited emails and video regional calls talking about themselves and how awesome they think they are and dismissing any real and valid questions by ignoring or saying 'oh more to come.'(in 28 reviews)
  • "They said no because I did not have a positive test result and I did not have any pto to cover my time off.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Limited opportunities to see product you are sending in person can sometimes make styling difficult(in 19 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Stitch Fix and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

So much Potential just keeps missing the mark

Oct 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance - is like nothing I've seen in Retail Pay Mission

Cons

Leadership is lost on how to navigate current business Lack of processes and systems to move us to the future Middle Management was created out of the desire to give a career path vs. actual necessity. NO training is provided to people leaders - leaving very poor leaders No clear direction from leadership on priorities which leaves everyone spinning in circles. Overtly positive despite current climate which feels ingenuine.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Employees don't feel valued

Oct 4, 2022 - Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

no longer have any pros

Cons

used to have lots of flexibility and understanding for working parents and those using Stitch Fix as a second income. Their new policies have gotten rid of all that. All the hoops they make employees jump through to keep their job aren't worth it when those perks have been taken away.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Feedback Based

Oct 4, 2022 - Stylist in Kent, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

-continual feedback to improve -build great customer relationships

Cons

-Many changes -customers can be harsh

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Culture has declined in recent years

Oct 2, 2022 - Warehouse Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Great work home life balance

Cons

Lack of necessary tools to do job. Everyone creates their own to make their jobs easier so no consistency

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Remote job

Sep 30, 2022 - Stylist in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy, flexible, team, lead, and pay

Cons

Time, difficult inventory, stats, boring

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Only getting worse

Sep 29, 2022 - Stylist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent for part time work.

Cons

Company has no direction. No communication with employees. Focused on arbitrary metrics.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

A great stepping stone

Sep 27, 2022 - Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved meeting some people in my area and growing in my communication skills and working with helping people find clothes that they loved.

Cons

After they went public it just kind of went downhill in overall atmosphere and the main priorities for clients. It became less personalized and more of a meeting numbers game.

Stitch Fix Response

It's great to hear that you were able to grow during your time here! Thank you for providing a review of your time at Stitch Fix!

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Remote stylist

Sep 26, 2022 - Hair Stylist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work, flexibility, work life balance

Cons

Micromanagement, underpaid, and petty female management. Job was impossible at times due to inventory issues, but performance was based on customer satisfaction.

Stitch Fix Response

We're sorry that your experience at Stitch Fix didn't meet your expectations. We value our employees and continue to look for ways to improve.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

innovative company, lots of changes

Sep 26, 2022 - Fashion Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture and people to work with innovative on the pulse company discounts on using the service

Cons

things are always changing not as flexible as it once was

Stitch Fix Response

We love to hear that you enjoyed our culture! Thanks for letting us know where we can improve.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

easy job

Sep 25, 2022 - Senior Stylist in Cleveland, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

- remote - training provided - easy work

Cons

- must work 20 hours a week - only can take off 40 hours a year - expectations change frequently

Stitch Fix Response

We're so glad to hear you're enjoying your role. Thanks for letting us know what would make it better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,039 Reviews

Stitch Fix Reviews FAQs

Stitch Fix has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 2,082 reviews left anonymously by employees. 47% of employees would recommend working at Stitch Fix to a friend and 32% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Stitch Fix employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Stitch Fix. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

47% of Stitch Fix employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Stitch Fix 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 2.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Stitch Fix to be coworkers, benefits, work life balance and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Stitch Fix Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Stitch Fix? Share Your Experiences

Stitch Fix Careers

Cover image for Stitch Fix

Our people are bright, kind, and motivated by challenge. ...More

• Styling
  • Engineering and Tech
  • Corporate, CX and Ops
  • Community

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

120 days ago

Company News
We’re honored to be selected as a finalist for the Glossy Fashion Awards in the Most Inclusive Brand category. We create products and lines that are inclusive to all our clients at Stitch Fix: from harnessing our wealth of data and feedback to create Plus Size lines – and sharing it to help other brands do the same – to creating Elevate, a grant program to support and mentor designers of color. Read more about the Fashion Awards here: https://lnkd.in/gp7z_rvW and learn about our Elevate program here: https://lnkd.in/g4P-gWEX
Shared image - Skims and ThredUp are 2022 Glossy Fashion Award finalists
Skims and ThredUp are 2022 Glossy Fashion Award finalists
lnkd.in

126 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
As we continue to advance our social impact mission centered around equity and sustainability, we are excited to partner with Philadelphia-based artist Kah Yangni (they/them) to launch a size-inclusive Pride T-shirt in our Mohnton Made line, made more sustainably using upcycled cotton and recycled polyester. All proceeds from the T-shirt will be donated to The Venture Out Project, a non-profit dedicated to creating inclusive spaces for the LGBTQ+ community to enjoy the beauty and fun of the outdoors together. Driven to make art that focuses on radical optimism, illustrator and muralist Kah Yangni creates heartfelt work about justice, queerness and joy. Their piece, “We are Universal,” marked Philadelphia’s first public mural celebrating transgender individuals, and their poster work lives in the permanent collection of the Philidelphia Museum of Art. Kah’s graphic T-shirt designed for this limited-edition launch is part of our exclusive brand Mohnton Made, a line of modern essentials that is knit, cut and sewn locally in Mohnton, Pennsylvania.
Shared image - We're Launching a Limited-Edition Pride T-shirt in Support of Equity & Sustainability - Stitch Fix Newsroom
newsroom.stitchfix.com

Stitch Fix Photos

+ Add Photo
Stitch Fix photo of: Life at the Breezy- Atlanta Warehouse
Stitch Fix photo of: Our Offices
Stitch Fix photo of: Game Time!
Stitch Fix photo of: Workspaces and Meeting Places
Stitch Fix photo of: Office Space
Stitch Fix photo of: Eat up!
Stitch Fix photo of: Meeting? No Problem!

Expert Career Advice