KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Stitch Fix

Engaged Employer

Stitch Fix

Add a Review

Stitch Fix Employee Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

Found 99 of over 1K reviews

3.7
Stitch Fix Founder & CEO Katrina Lake
Katrina Lake
Pros
  • "Work from home or at a coffee shop(in 218 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, great pay, fun job(in 99 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Company-wide closure for national holidays does not include part-time stylists(in 154 reviews)

• "Minimal benefits for part-time employees(in 63 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Stitch Fix and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Job

Jan 24, 2021 - Remote Stitch Fix Stylist in Cleveland, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, great pay, fun job

Cons

None, this job is perfect!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Values Quantity over Quality

Dec 19, 2020 - Senior Stylist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Direct Managers are Great

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement, corporate values not reflected in how employees are treated

8 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0

Wear Your Rose Colored Glasses

Jan 24, 2021 - Senior Stylist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, kind and accessible leadership, no experience required

Cons

Company-wide closure for national holidays does not include part-time stylists. Must work day of with limited resources and use UPTO, or add hours to a different day. Transparency is appreciated, but must be discussed in appropriate company “language”. Indirect pressure to exude positivity and perfectionism.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful company, flexible schedule

Jan 16, 2021 - Stylist in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule; full training; consistent support (love my direct manager!); ability to work more than p/t hours if you'd like; advancement opportunity.

Cons

Technology can be cranky requiring work hours to be juggled.

5. 5.0

Love Stitch Fix

Jan 15, 2021 - Senior Stylist in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing management, opportunity for growth, encouraging community, flexible schedule.

Cons

Quite a few technical difficulties as the company is growing at such a large scale.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Flexible and Innovative

Jan 19, 2021 - Remote Stitch Fix Stylist in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule innovative and creative most are passionate about the job

Cons

Hours can be unpredictable Experience with the job is highly dependent on the quality of your team lead Communication is lacking at times

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Unethical and Cruel Upper Management

Jun 7, 2020 - Senior Stylist in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fully remote Semi-flexible schedule Good discount Fabulous local leadership and mentoring

Cons

Almost 5 years as a stylist and was tossed out like yesterday’s garbage along with 1400 of my fellow CA stylists and styling leaders IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC! This decision, we were told, IS NOT DUE TO COVID.... in fact, they’ve been working on it for a year. This company started in CA and the longest standing stylists in the company were all just laid off because “it’s too expensive”. The jobs aren’t being eliminated, just moved to cheaper regions. Very clear stylists are viewed as disposable. You are expected to meet certain performance and sales metrics, yet the inventory is rarely available to do so. Seriously, we’ve been asking for tunics (seriously, a basic in many wardrobes) for as long as I have been here. The local level has wonderful leaders and works really hard to build a community, even in a remote job. Don’t fool yourself, management runs their mouths about how much they care and are an inclusive company....mean girls club who will stab you in the back.

18 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jan 17, 2021 - Stylist in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, great perks, lovely upper management team, inspiring leaders

Cons

Limited inventory, some requests were hard to fulfill

9. 4.0

Working part time

Jan 22, 2021 - Stylist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, hours, and balance

Cons

Decreased hours without some notice

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Maybe I'm just burnt out

Dec 3, 2020 - Stylist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty decent pay for a job working remotely with a (somewhat) flexible schedule, can be fun styling clients when there is actually inventory available.

Cons

I've been with Stitch Fix almost 5 years working as a stylist. I did not mean to stay this long, but the money is very hard to walk away from. In my years here I have seen a lot change, some things, like the technology, have changed for the better, however the same problems seem to persist. There are far more seasons that I can recall where inventory was absolutely and completely lacking. There may be a summer or fall here or there where there was an abundance of fun, trendy items to send to clients. However, like I said, that same problem seems to repeat itself, and while I appreciate that Stitch Fix follows a no waste model for buying merchandise, something really needs to change. It is INCREDIBLY challenging for stylists to meet their metrics, and you may get some leeway for a week or two, but if your metrics continue to suffer you have to go on a performance plan, even though it's technically not your fault. The social media campaigns very frequently feature items that are bought at a very low level, so we can rarely fill client requests for things they see online or in ads. Much of the inventory is repetitive and un-unique. But, we do our best to try and please the clients And management. When I first started, there was a separate social platform for stylists to engage on and get help with Fixes, and they eventually merged that to something more streamline, which is fine. However, like others have said, that platform was initially wilted down even more, and now we can only converse freely with stylists in our region. In addition, part time stylists get zero benefits. We do accrue sick time, but at one point, they even cut that down, which most definitely is what we would call a pay cut. A stylist earns one hour for every 30 worked, and for people that may have health issues, that is pitiful.

8 people found this review helpful