KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Stitch Fix Employee Reviews about "metrics"

Updated Dec 5, 2021

Found 100 of over 2,019 reviews

3.1
Stitch Fix CEO Elizabeth Spaulding
Elizabeth Spaulding

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Terrible management and no trust in employees(in 64 reviews)
  • "Upper management dealt with these changes with tone deaf, insensitive, and conceited emails and video regional calls talking about themselves and how awesome they think they are and dismissing any real and valid questions by ignoring or saying 'oh more to come.'(in 31 reviews)
  • "Questions like 'Do you feel like you understand the company vision' 'How would you rate your confidence in your direct manager' and so on.(in 26 reviews)
  • "Limited opportunities to see product you are sending in person can sometimes make styling difficult(in 21 reviews)
  • "They said no because I did not have a positive test result and I did not have any pto to cover my time off.(in 21 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Stitch Fix and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "metrics"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great fulfilling position!

Apr 16, 2021 - Senior Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work hours, good pay, remote, use your own computer.

Cons

must keep up with pre-determined metrics

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stressful job

Dec 5, 2021 - Stylist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with styling clients and remote work was a pro, but a lot of other reviews sum it up- they didn't outweigh the cons. The company really went downhill once they started to implement strict scheduling procedures. Also just like all the other reviews note, I was in the "dog-house" frequently for not being able to keep up with crazy and demanding metrics. Meeting metrics is obviously a big deal for a company, and I understand that standards have to be met. But often the issues that arose from poor stylist metrics were due to company-wide issues that were out of a stylist's control like lack of inventory or inventory that was seasonally innapropriate such as an influx of sweaters in summer when no short sleeve/ camisole pieces were available. When I first got hired on, I thought it was affected by covid and gave it a pass, but I soon quickly realized that this was an ongoing issue with the company, and if you couldn't fulfill client needs because of these things, then all of the blame was put on the stylist. I dreaded checking my inbox every morning- living in fear I would get yet another slap on the wrist for trying my best but failing. Much happier I'm no longer in the job.

Cons

A pro used to be flexible work. The company really went downhill once they started to implement strict scheduling procedures. Just like all the other reviews note, I was in the "dog-house" frequently for not being able to keep up with crazy and demanding metrics. Meeting metrics is obviously a big deal for a company, and I understand that standards have to be met. But often the issues that arose from poor stylist metrics were due to company-wide issues that were out of a stylist's control, like lack of inventory or inventory that was seasonally inappropriate such as an influx of sweaters in summer when no short sleeve/ camisole pieces were available. How the heck do I sell a sweater in summer week after week to clients.. it's not realistic and clients were understandably frustrated constantly. When I first got hired on, I thought the issues were affected by covid and gave it a pass, but I soon quickly realized that this was an ongoing issue with the company, and if you couldn't fulfill client needs because of these things, then all of the blame was put on the stylist. I dreaded checking my inbox every morning- living in fear I would get yet another slap on the wrist for trying my best but failing. Much happier now that I'm no longer in the job.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Monotonous and no room for growth

Oct 26, 2021 - Stylist in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Medical benefits (only available for full-time)

Cons

-VERY monotonous, especially because inventory is stale. You will send the same pieces just in different colors year after year. -Inventory is a huge issue (even before COVID and supply chain issues which have only made it worse). You will go weeks without pants or tops and are told to just "get creative" or "lean into the algorithm" -There is no room for growth or mobility. -Pay is not enough for the impact and workload Stylists have -Leads (what SF calls their managers) provide no positive impact to the stylist role. They are basically glorified babysitters to timesheets. Unless weekly emails with photos of what they did with their unlimited PTO while you struggled to put together Fixes with no pants and only pajamas populating is considered impactful. -Constant technology issues that you are asked to work around even though you have to schedule yourself down to the very minute and this slow down will impact your metrics, which you will then be reprimanded for even though you had no control over the issue. -Culture of silence. They have taken away pretty much any platform or Stylists to communicate. If you utter even a hint of a problem or negativity around not having inventory you will get a meeting with your Lead and Supervisor to discuss how you are not upholding the Stitch Fix OS. -The ads market pieces that we buy in very low quantities or at a high price range and are NOT a true reflection of inventory which is misleading clients and puts a huge strain on the Stylist because we can't deliver their requests.

19 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Toxic workplace

Oct 23, 2021 - Senior Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote, make your schedule between 8-8

Cons

The #1 thing thousands, (yes you read that right- THOUSANDS of stylists this company was built upon have quit) is the toxic workplace. They do not care one bit about their worker bee stylists. I have heard countless experiences of other stylists and leads that have been driven to such insane stress they’ve had to be medicated with anti anxiety or depression meds. Most managers are forced by their superiors to give the stylists absolutely zero answers to their questions, fake positivity, and instead of real solutions intense micromanagement if you ask or offer any sort of negative feedback. You don’t have the tools to do your job, and when drilled by superiors why your metrics aren’t 100%, any excuse about extremely poor inventory is a twist into “respond with your plan to drive your success and improve your metrics by the end of the day.” When the algorithm is picking the pieces for the client and it comes up with 8 belts and 2 shorts for a 70 year old client in Minnesota, they slap your name on it and you have to deal with the disappointment and “fix” it with little to no inventory to support what your clients still hasn’t. There is no inventory to support a client right fix 90% of the time, yet you are held to impossible efficiency metrics and you are told to direct the client to the direct buy option on the website which is ultimately what the company will become. They have you train the algorithm for part of your shift, which is a slap in the face as we all know it will take over soon. Save your sanity, your home life, your mental health, and don’t work for a company that couldn’t care less about you and will replace you in a second if you step one toe out of line.

20 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent job until it wasn't

Sep 15, 2021 - Personal Stylist in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility with scheduling and it's remote; the environment is structured well

Cons

Supply chain issues Very tough efficiency metrics

9 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bait and Switch

Sep 2, 2021 - Senior Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

-(formerly) Flexible schedule -Work from home -40% discount

Cons

-Demanding efficiency expectations -Unclear metrics for success -Lack of transparency from higher-ups on company wide decisions -Major shifts happen quickly and without warning -No guaranteed minimum hours -Actively moving away from styling time and relationship building, to time spent passively training an algorithm that replaced us as stylists

15 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

No longer flexible. Prepare to be micromanaged.

Sep 23, 2021 - Senior Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The job is still remote, so that’s nice.

Cons

Every bit of flexibility has been taken away. Many managers micromanage and expect you to clock in to the minute, you cannot be even 1 minute past your scheduled time without writing an email or note explaining why. If you do this too many times, you are up for firing. Managers with very little experience actually managing will belittle you and expect constant explanations for incredibly high metrics falling low, not meeting weekly expectations for speed (about 6 clients an hour) and will force you to take the heat for atrocious inventory shortages. You must be positive constantly. Absolutely no negativity. Not to mention the constant tech challenges. Since we all must work between 8am and 8pm. Servers are constantly down, nothing is accessible during business hours. Every day there’s a new tech issue or error. If your lead is terrible, there’s no option to move. There’s no hr to report to. You’re an isolated island. There are also no guaranteed hours. You may get 20 or 40 hours some weeks and then you’ll be asked to flex down to maybe 15 or even 10 hours. You won’t find this out until the Friday before your week begins. Absolutely insane.

10 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Do you enjoy feeling disposable? This is the job for you!

Aug 9, 2021 - Stylist in Santa Rosa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was once a flexible work from home, whenever you want job, but post Covid it became a nightmare and they jerked us all around until they finally let go of their ENTIRE California styling team after most of us had been there 5+ years.

Cons

Hostile, passive aggressive management. Openly treat their employees like disposable nothings. Make constant company changes that you are expected to pivot with at a second's notice. Laid us all off in the middle of a pandemic when a lot of us had children to feed. I was there for over five years and I never felt like I was part of a team. My managers quit all the time, I think by the end of my career there I had been on 9 different teams. It's extremely stressful keeping your "metrics" in the green and you are blamed for things that have nothing to do with you like extremely limited inventory - sweaters in July and no shorts, for example. Then you get in trouble because nobody kept anything you sent them. If your metrics ever dip into the red, an emergency meeting is called and you are told you will be fired in three weeks if they don't go back into the green. This happened constantly and the constant threat of losing your job was exhausting. I hung in there but what was supposed to a fun, creative, work from home job was extremely stressful.

67 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Difficult Performance Expectations

Aug 30, 2021 - Stylist in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The flexibility of setting your own schedule and working a certain number of hours per day rather than specific times of the day was excellent.

Cons

The company rapidly evolves, which is exciting at first but then feels like the performance metrics are the last to evolve, which piles a ton of stress on the remote workers. Also, the pace of work that is expected crams the stress of a full-time job into part-time hours.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee

They didn't care about their CA Team

Aug 3, 2021 - Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

They offered a somewhat flexible work schedule

Cons

You must clock in and every minute on the clock is part of your metrics. I was part of the mass layoff of their CA employees. It was obvious they cared only about the business more than their people.

16 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 100 Reviews

Popular Careers with Stitch Fix Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Stitch Fix? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

65 days ago

Company News
We’re honored to be selected as a finalist for the Glossy Fashion Awards in the Most Inclusive Brand category. We create products and lines that are inclusive to all our clients at Stitch Fix: from harnessing our wealth of data and feedback to create Plus Size lines – and sharing it to help other brands do the same – to creating Elevate, a grant program to support and mentor designers of color. Read more about the Fashion Awards here: https://lnkd.in/gp7z_rvW and learn about our Elevate program here: https://lnkd.in/g4P-gWEX
Shared image - Skims and ThredUp are 2022 Glossy Fashion Award finalists
Skims and ThredUp are 2022 Glossy Fashion Award finalists
lnkd.in

71 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
As we continue to advance our social impact mission centered around equity and sustainability, we are excited to partner with Philadelphia-based artist Kah Yangni (they/them) to launch a size-inclusive Pride T-shirt in our Mohnton Made line, made more sustainably using upcycled cotton and recycled polyester. All proceeds from the T-shirt will be donated to The Venture Out Project, a non-profit dedicated to creating inclusive spaces for the LGBTQ+ community to enjoy the beauty and fun of the outdoors together. Driven to make art that focuses on radical optimism, illustrator and muralist Kah Yangni creates heartfelt work about justice, queerness and joy. Their piece, “We are Universal,” marked Philadelphia’s first public mural celebrating transgender individuals, and their poster work lives in the permanent collection of the Philidelphia Museum of Art. Kah’s graphic T-shirt designed for this limited-edition launch is part of our exclusive brand Mohnton Made, a line of modern essentials that is knit, cut and sewn locally in Mohnton, Pennsylvania.
Shared image - We're Launching a Limited-Edition Pride T-shirt in Support of Equity & Sustainability - Stitch Fix Newsroom
newsroom.stitchfix.com

Stitch Fix Photos

+ Add Photo
Stitch Fix photo of: Life at the Breezy- Atlanta Warehouse
Stitch Fix photo of: Our Offices
Stitch Fix photo of: Game Time!
Stitch Fix photo of: Workspaces and Meeting Places
Stitch Fix photo of: Office Space
Stitch Fix photo of: Eat up!
Stitch Fix photo of: Meeting? No Problem!