KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

StockX

Engaged Employer

StockX

Add a Review

StockX Employee Reviews about "stockx"

Updated Oct 31, 2021

Found 25 of over 194 reviews

3.9
StockX CEO Scott Cutler
Scott Cutler
Pros
  • "I certainly don't think I'll feel stagnant for a long time if I continue my career at StockX which is usually what gets me to switch companies(in 17 reviews)

• "Great benefits, excellent work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be difficult to maintain work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "Not one bad thing I have found as a con working at StockX thus far(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Disability

This rating reflects the overall rating of StockX and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "stockx"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

I Love StockX!

Oct 31, 2021 - Customer Service in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Family Oriented -Great Teamwork -Amazing learning -Easy Transition

Cons

-Cant move to a state that doesn't have Stockx locations when it comes to remote customer service,

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Innovative and Inclusive with focus on the customer and team members

Sep 15, 2021 - People Experience
      Business Outlook

Pros

StockX is a rocketship! While we are growing fast there's always a focus on the team members. The leadership team truly cares about the team and creating opportunities for everyone to grow and encourages team members to take risks. It's a great place to work.

Cons

There are some natural growing pains, systems don't always talk to each other, and procedures are being constantly updated.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am so excited to be part of the team at StockX. I joined a few months ago, and it is full of great people and is an exciting brand. I'm part of G&A, which is growing RAPIDLY due to being on a path to IPO.

Cons

Lots of foundational issues due to a previous lack of investment in Finance, HR, IT, systems, etc. but they are working on it. New HR and IT leaders seem good and are bringing in a good help and new systems.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast-Growing Startup

Apr 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

StockX has been on a massive trajectory, expanding the business all over the world. Working here is a chance to still get in early at a company growing quickly. -Things move really fast, and there are opportunities to jump in on projects that might have been more siloed at other companies. All-hands on deck approach. -Unique product with a lot of touchpoints in cool industries like sneakers, sports and tech. -Leadership does a great job of communicating with the company on a regular basis, in a real, conversational way and not just emails.

Cons

-This is a startup, so if you are looking for a job with huge internal programs focused on culture, growth, leadership and development, this might not be the place for you. -Being a self-starter is a must or else it is too easy to get lost in the shuffle, especially as most of the business side is working from home. -Explanding globally has meant schedules are sometimes shifted around based on all the different timezones people are in.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work in progress

Apr 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

StockX has some nice things going from them although they could be a lot more competitive from a compensation standpoint. People were great and had no issues with providing knowledge.

Cons

Poor compensation. Lacked training team members so you just have to figure it out through experience.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Startup Growing into an Enterprise

Mar 30, 2021 - Infrastructure Engineer in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good coworkers who generally want everyone to succeed. Compensation is pretty good, includes annual bonus plus stock options that vest after 4 years. Leadership is very competent and transparent. Culture is important to me and I feel leadership puts effort into building the culture, I think it would be even better if we were in the office. Leadership seems to add personnel as necessary which is very encouraging and I've seen multiple colleges get promotions in the short time I've been here. The work is very interesting as well and I feel there is a lot of opportunities for growth which is very encouraging. Learning opportunities are abound. I certainly don't think I'll feel stagnant for a long time if I continue my career at StockX which is usually what gets me to switch companies.

Cons

I might have some complaints but I do really enjoy working here. 401k match could be better. I have yet to see 'unlimited' PTO be implemented to the employee's benefit and StockX is no different. Seems like barely any of my coworkers take time off for themselves but I don't have a problem taking the time off I feel I deserve as long as work responsibilties aren't pressing. Benefits are ok, nothing special like you might hear about at other tech startups and since we are preparing for IPO it doesn't seem like the benefits are getting any better. Work life balance leaves some to be desired as we're expanding globally, some projects extend past working hours and management doesn't seem to notice since they can be sending emails after hours as well, I haven't brought that up too much so that's probably more on me.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Love working here!

Mar 31, 2021 - Analyst in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO Communication throughout department Continuous Improvement Wonderful Benefits Amazing support Flexibility

Cons

Not one bad thing I have found as a con working at StockX thus far

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

More than a career!

Mar 30, 2021 - Senior Asset Protection Manager in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

StockX offers a great place to work and grow as a team member. StockX provides competitive salaries and the necessary support to foster an excellent work environment.

Cons

Working for a start-up company requires a certain type of person. A desire to create new processes and creating standards as you go is the ante to play here! Those who aren't willing to commit to the job and think outside the box are less likely to succeed at StockX.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Team is welcoming

Feb 16, 2021 - Accounts Payable Specialist in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I recently jointed Stockx as Accounts Payable analyst. So far it seems like a fun place to work. Since the company is a growing startup there are lot of changes happening. I am looking forward to work for this company and very excited.

Cons

So far there is no Cons.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work - Up & Coming Best Place to Work

Feb 3, 2021 - Human Resources Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

great company culture, room to develop your career and learn, room for growth, not your average "corporate culture", flexibility in PTO and schedules, great benefits!

Cons

things are always changing at StockX with processes and best practices which isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews