KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Forward thinking owner, good operations support, accessible management, many product options(in 5 reviews)
  • "Good pay and benefits.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Employees are good people . . .(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "When I asked about annual review, alone, the manager laughed and I was given a very negative response that the owner delivers all reviews, and that they themselves had not had a review in several years.(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Environment to Grow

Oct 5, 2021 - Mortgage Underwriter in Hartford, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely cares for employees, generous 401K match, great benefits, great PTO, opportunity to earn substantial amounts of money via bonuses offered for production and audits.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Environment for Failure

Jan 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some positions have the ability to work remotely.

Cons

I started with optimism and the company did not deliver. There are no job aides, proper checklists or guidelines. It’s a sink or swim kind of environment with subpar training. You will not receive feedback unless you ask for it and when you do not perform well, you are not coached. The company will not value you or your abilities. When you interview, you are sold the opportunity of advancement and phenomenal annual increases. When I asked about annual review, alone, the manager laughed and I was given a very negative response that the owner delivers all reviews, and that they themselves had not had a review in several years. According to the manager the owner was very harsh with his reviews and you do not want to get a review from the owner. In addition, there is too much room for error with the LOS they use and in the capacity in which they use it.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not what it was cracked up to be

Feb 20, 2022 - Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

401k match 12 million in closing and they pay for part of your flight and hotel to a 4 day trip.

Cons

Rates lower than competitors, especially government loans. Very minimal training. Sink or swim. Manager is never there and closes door to work on his own loans. Charge fee for marketing that is just marketing for company and does nothing for you. Pay is lower than competitors with better rates. Processors are overworked and you end of having to do their work. Takes them days to submit a file for you. Underwriting is the worst and you will not close on a lot of your loans.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0

Mortgage position review

Feb 28, 2022 - Mortgage Banking Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work offered flexibility and no commute time.

Cons

Mortgage refinances declined and was let go.

5. 5.0

Genuine, Real, Transparent

Aug 2, 2021 - Producing Branch Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Transparency from the top is important - Ability to grow and support is important and that is encouraged and offered - Rates are competitive, as our products, and the adaptability to new products - The people at the top care for you to grow - From what they promise you to what they deliver its pretty spot on. Been a few places that have sub-prime mortgage hangovers, this is not one. - More of a family culture than you get from corporate level at other places.

Cons

Time will tell but at the moment no cons, the company is growing fast in retail, so its possible bottlenecks may ensue, but really they do a good job of getting ahead of the curve.

6. 5.0

Great company

Aug 26, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good environment to grow in

Cons

No benefits offered through employer

7. 4.0

Friendly work environment

Oct 28, 2021 - Stem Teacher in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment and friendly co workers

Cons

competitive market and frequent turnover in certain positions

Stockton Mortgage Response

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for the positive review! It looks like your position is not one that we offer. Perhaps it was entered incorrectly? Either way, we agree wholeheartedly and are doing our best to combat the competitive market which results in turnover.

8. 5.0

Forward thinking, family atmosphere

Nov 19, 2020 - Graphic Designer in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely one of the most forward thinking companies I have worked with in my career, without losing the charms of being a family owned local business. In saying that, I started with the company remote, during a pandemic with 3 young kids at home doing NTI coursework - with all the support and blessings the company can relay. The management and peers on my team have been forthcoming with needs, expectations and goals - not only for the company but for the team - and how I can and am expected to contribute to those outcomes. New ideas are welcome, and critical thinking combined with independent work are a healthy part of the day. These are hallmarks of the steps to success as an individual and an organization for years to come.

Cons

No cons to my position to date.

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 19, 2020 - Project Manager in Frankfort, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leading edge, versatile, driven. If you're a star, Stockton Mortgage is a place you can shine. Team work is cherished here and everyone works hard, together. When COVID hit, Stockton Mortgage already had the infrastructure in place to allow business to continue without endangering it's workforce, which is something that wouldn't have been the case at any of my previous work places. Leadership here is great and I am glad to be onboard with this group of professionals.

Cons

None that stand out to me.

10. 5.0

Great environment

Jan 19, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Processor in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company has shown such amazing working environment, respect and gratefulness which is so unusual in this industry.

Cons

Have not encountered a bad thing as of yet.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Reviews

Stockton Mortgage Reviews FAQs

Stockton Mortgage has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 47 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Stockton Mortgage to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Stockton Mortgage employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Stockton Mortgage. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

85% of Stockton Mortgage employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Stockton Mortgage 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Stockton Mortgage to be culture, management, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development.

Popular Careers with Stockton Mortgage Job Seekers