Stoltz Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Keith D. Stoltz

1. "Great people, good working experience"

Former Employee - Property Accountant in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Former Employee - Property Accountant in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Stoltz Management (Less than a year)

Pros

1. There is training! I see some review complaining about little to no training. If you think so, you don't really know how "no training" is like. There are certain things that can't be taught but have to learn through experience and mistake and it's reasonable.
    2. Smart, supportive, positive people. I always receive "Thank you" email reply to everything I sent out even if it's not necessary for them to do so. I received timely feedback from the CFO. He has years of experience, knows how to lead people very well.
    3. I learn new things everyday. Just need to get out of the comfort zone and ask the right question.
    4. Fast pace. I moved to West coast and get anxious sometimes because it's so relaxing. The busy working environment helps to push me to think, act and learn things faster.

Cons

1. Received tons of email a day. Without knowledge of using Outlook efficiently, it could get very overwhelmed. Not really a con, just something I once struggled with.

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Analyst in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Stoltz Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are a fund with all flavors of commercial RE (acquisition, disposition, development, property management, etc) and every in-demand software package (Argus AE, Yardi, REIS, RCA, CoStar, etc.)

Cons

Completely unrealistic work environment. Expected a week of training at least. After 2 days, given my first assignment and 48 hours to complete - a senior with 15 years exp said he might not get that same assignment done in 48 hours. Also pay is significantly below market rate. Really a slave ship as far as I could tell. Very few employees drive nice cars which speaks to the pay rates. May be a good place to get a year of experience after college or something.

Advice to Management

Don't be so cheap and overly demanding. In the long run you will save money by not having so much turnover and having more loyal employees.

3. "Accounting Team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Stoltz Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started with Stoltz as a fresh graduate and gained a lot of first time hands on experience. This organization is highly embracing new technology/software, providing a great opportunity to learn the most recent accounting software, because most of the time it can be costly to individuals to learn the demo of the new software by themselves. Also, my supervisor is supportive and knowledgable, a person who knows how to build you from a student to an accounting professional.

Cons

The technology reengineering process can be tough and challenging when it's first implemented, but after a couple rounds of practice, the knowledge is all yours .

5. "Asset Management"

I worked at Stoltz Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a family atmosphere. I moved and that's why I had to leave.

Cons

They're not nation wide and real estate is tough.

6. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Property Accountant Level I in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Former Employee - Property Accountant Level I in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for this company. I started at this company fresh out of college. I have learned a substantial amount of knowledge while working in the accounting department. My immediate supervisor was a pleasure to work for. He was very knowledgeable, approachable and would answer any questions that I had. I can honestly say that on most days, I had fun at work and enjoyed my job. I am leaving this company glad that I had the opportunity to start my accounting career with Stoltz.

Cons

Training for new employees needs to be addressed.

"The worst place I have ever worked"

Pros

The wawa is nice since there are no snacks at this company. There is fairly disgusting coffee available in the copy room, if that counts as a pro. They ordered pretty cheap and disgusting ice cream once a year.

Cons

Horrible, toxic work environment. Once I started, I learned about the high turnover when I saw in my first week several employees quit or were let go. All over Philadelphia area, people in the industry know this place as a revolving door. The owner is a nightmare who doesn't realize that most employees would not want to work here. If i had seen these reviews, I would never have taken a job.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your staff poorly. If you want employees to want to work here, you need to remake this culture from the ground up.

"Horrendous"

Former Employee - IT Support Associate in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Former Employee - IT Support Associate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Stoltz Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In a nice area and has a wawa nearby. Nothing about working there has any positives. If they exist, I didn't see any of it.

Cons

Where do I begin? I lasted 4 days there and quit cause I didn't want my life to be chained to my desk. Each person there looks like zombies. They are overworked and anxious, from too much work and the fear of being fired. No one in management has been there for more than 3 years. Most employees stay only a year from the burnout. Cubicle farms are empty from lay offs and firings. Such high turnover that new people are hired quickly to offset the high workload demands.

Did I mention this all happened within my first 4 days! ? No amount of money or job should have you working an average of 12-15 hour days, as part of your job requirements. I truly wish I read the reviews on here before taking the job.

Advice to Management

Work life balance is important. People aren't robots and if you want people to stay and not jump like rats on a sinking ship- treat them like humans who have a life outside of the company!

"Avoid."

I worked at Stoltz Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HQ is located in a nice area.
    Most employees were approachable and friendly.
    Free parking.

Cons

Management is entirely too indecisive over the simplest of tasks. They're also completely spineless when it comes to stepping up and being honest with their employees. I worked there for 3 months and never once met the CEO, who seemed totally hands off. Days after I was hired, it came out by a co-worker that people don't last long there.
    I was also never ONCE told I was doing anything wrong or in a way that was unsatisfactory, despite being very upfront about things I initially didn't understand, or needed more clarification on, and I was let go because my "skill-set" wasn't "high enough". ...Then why did you hire me?

Totally unprofessional people masquerading as the opposite. Do avoid.

Advice to Management

Stop living in your little bubble, and take a good hard look at the reality that is your failing business.

"Not appreciated, Underpaid, & Overworked"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Stoltz Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved my co-workers
    My primary boss was supportive
    Free parking

Cons

CEO is an awful human being
    Get calls on weekends and during vacations yet make less than other people in my profession
    Salary/Lack of opportunity for increase
    Too many people managing - answering to multiple people regarding the same thing
    Too many egos
    CEO yells, berates, and harasses some employees
    CEO doesn't value family life so forget emergencies or last minute things that pop up

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that work hard

"Avoid at all costs"

Pros

Honestly can't even think of one

Cons

Miserable employees intimidated by management. Incompetent management protected by socially inept/ absent leader. Treats customers and staff the same; rude and unconcerned. Low pay, no incentive, expectations unrealistic. Office environment closed in and depressive.

Advice to Management

Go out of business and help the world