Stoncor Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Administrative"

Current Employee - Administration in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Administration in Elizabeth, NJ

Pros

There are very few pros - benefits are pretty good but that's only because the parent company RPM supplies them. If it were up to Stoncor Management - there would be NO benefits!

Cons

Terrible management. The management team is like something out of the 80s - maybe even sooner. The IT system is absolutely useless - goes back maybe to the 60s. It is such an "old boys" club. Young people especially will never be happy here! All the president cares about is making his bonus...people don't matter. There is always a wage freeze going on but the executive team still makes their bonus!

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of the 80s (although that might not be possible) - treat your employees like they are human beings and change things to attract more young talent...management is too old and set in their ways...plus they are all rich!

2. "Territory Manager"

I worked at Stoncor Group full-time

Pros

Insurance Benefit was average compare to the field.

Cons

Salary - Culture - Management

3. "Run Forest Run"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Whitby, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Whitby, ON (Canada)

I worked at Stoncor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The actual products that they sell are good quality, however, way over-priced. The benefit package is reasonable as well as the car allowance.

Cons

Management is dysfunctional. Employees are treated like chattel and the big promises of wealth are both exaggerated and impossible to achieve. It is a "dog eat dog" mentality that flows down from the top. Back stabbing is encouraged as being "competitive". I am over 50 yrs old and have never experienced a toxic environment such as the one there.

Advice to Management

Retire.

Stoncor Group Response

Sep 25, 2017 – President

Thank you for your comments and I’m sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Since my appointment as President this past February, I have made it a mandate to improve our culture and... More

4. "Watch out Job Seekers"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Whitby, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Pros

Great salary and car allowance

Cons

Poor management using a bullying style

Advice to Management

Provide sales triaing and guidance, not threats

5. "Poor company and poor training"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Stoncor Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Might make money here if you get lucky or can withstand the lies/time to learn and grow a client base

Cons

Sales people get treated as numbers and not people..........was told in my first week of training that I was viewed as a loss to the company and basically had to "earn my keep"......require that you wear company merchandise which they sell to you from their web store at a huge profit for them and the cell phone I was told would be provided, I later found out was I being charged $900/year for.....lots of smoke and mirrors here

Advice to Management

Have sales people (not engineers) teaching the fundamentals/training the mobile sales force

6. "Project Managemet"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Whitby, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Whitby, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Stoncor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training programs, old school feel with barbecues , office no tie days .

Cons

Commission, bonus amounts BOP to be improved

Advice to Management

Larger sales incentives ..

7. "manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Whitby, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Manager in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Pros

they were the nicest and most supportive group of people to have worked with during my time there

Cons

I cannot think of any negative observations

Advice to Management

keep it up!

8. "Caution!!!! new potential employee"

Former Employee - Top Terriory Manager for V Years in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Top Terriory Manager for V Years in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

The benefits are good. the car allowance is good.

Cons

The management you will never get along with. The nepotism you will get use to but dislike.
    Manament will put you under a microscope and discect you every move and time spent including after hours as you are expected to work 60 -70 hrs a week for base with hopes of a real bonus, but will soon realize that that its unachievable because territory's are way to small. when you hear the stories of big commissions that was when reps had all of Ontario or a territory like the hole GTA, now its more like you have Mississauga and that's it. also the territory's have been worked over by at least 20-30 reps before you and a lot of them were people that were real scam artists that have left bad taste in your mouth.

Advice to Management

You have lost a lot of real talent in the past. The future is unclear, hopefully the dinosaur has retired, the micromanagement will never retain any good employees. Borden the territory's enable your people to work and earn a good pay they will reward you and themselves. but under the current Hitler regime it wont work. Just look at the monthly firings and number of employees quitting....This is a place to earn a base and keep looking for a real carrer.

9. "Territory Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Ter Manager in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Former Employee - Ter Manager in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I worked at Stoncor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience in the field of Industrial Territory Manager Sales position

Cons

A lot of cold calling. Very long sale cycle up to 8 plus months for a single sale. Much pressure on quote

Advice to Management

Spends more time helping to develop sale staff

"Job Seeker Beware!"

Current Employee - Manager -baan Development in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager -baan Development in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Stoncor Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Your co-workers and support staff are great people, they are survivors who are stuck in sour office setting. If you can survive, you will gain product and technical knowledge that is transferable to many other industries.

Cons

I have never seen a company with such a high attrition rate. Canadian President is a nasty old man who is always looking to take from his employees but will never give anything in return. I have seen management make abusive comments to their employees. If you interview with this company you will hear lots of long tales about making crazy money with unlimited commissions. Job Seeker beware. Your commissions are restricted to bare minimum the president feels is required to keep you in the job. Just try and work for a competitor in the same industry and you will receive a legal letter reminding you of the non compete contract that you were required to sign at the time of your hire. Like I said Job Seeker beware!

Advice to Management

The president needs to move on and let the next generation drive the company.
    Salary for existing staff needs to be brought up to market rates.
    Savings plan is a joke and needs to be improved so that employees can benefit from the offer.