Stone Street Capital Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Stone Street Capital Chief Operating Officer Gary Milwit
Gary Milwit

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Working at Stone Street Capital is great!"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's an environment where you're encouraged, challenged, and supported every step of the way. They take time to understand their employees strengths and help them develope a career. The team work with a splash of competition keeps performance and spirits high. Something that sets this company apart, is that management genuinely encourages and promotes a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

Commute to this area is always bad.

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging great team work.

2. "Business Development Representive"

Current Employee - Business Development in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Business Development in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun office environment with great coaching, a new mentoring program, new President and a lots of energy. Lots of changes to keep people on their toes.

Cons

The customers are difficult to work with at times. The office building is not great but in a great location. I like the constant changes but some people don't like change and they bring down the team when they complain about them.

Advice to Management

Our new President took over just as he started a full cycle of chemotherapy for cancer. It was a difficult time for all of us but at the end of April he finished chemotherapy treatments and it feels like our focus is renewed and results are too. The SVP of sales sits with us on the sales floor and is always working to help us get better. These people care about me!

3. "Non- Sales employee"

Current Employee - Non-sales in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Non-sales in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Stone Street less than 2 months, but so far so good. It's a welcoming & friendly work environment. CEO is forth coming and honest about the company's goals and areas for improvement. He does an excellent job making one feel like they are a part of the team, being approachable, open to creativity of ideas and sharing accountability. Diligent about finding solutions for everything. Management has been patient and detail oriented with my training. I trust that I'm in very capable hands. Great benefits overall, casual dress code and laid-back work environment, but it doesn't undermine productivity.

Cons

The building is old and could you some improvement, but comfortable nonetheless. I believe they are working on it and you have options to make your space comfortable for you. The office manager is very accommodating and great at setting you up for success. Location seems safe and everything works. Not that big a deal for me otherwise. No other cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open and honest with staff about company, sharing ideas and being approachable. Teamwork makes the dream work.

4. "Assistant Account Executuve"

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time

Pros

The company is fun, Hugh energy environment that rewards hard work and fast learners.

Cons

The culture, CEO's disposition and corporate decor needs a lot of work. The Structured Settlement business looks to be declining and will eventually be further regulated. Many of the senior managers are JG went worth rejects and only care about the numbers.

Advice to Management

Diversify the business and really invest in new employees.

5. "Assistant Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were friendly. Great learning environment, managers always available for coaching. Bagel Mondays, great location, decent benefits. short cubicle walls to see over and talk with co workers.

Cons

The type of work of buying people's annuities is generally quite depressing and in my opinion sleazy which is one reason I got out of it. Its on the phones all the time job, not my thing. cut throat competition in industry, zero customer loyalty

Advice to Management

It seems like the business is drying up

May 8, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for writing your review. We appreciate that you have take the time to give your honest opinion and have provided us with constructive feedback. We are hopeful that you were able to... More

"National Sales Manager"

Former Employee - National Sales Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - National Sales Manager in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stone Street is an incredible place to work. Twice weekly sales training helps employees to grow within their roles and get promoted to the next. Benefits are great - PTO is very generous, health/dental/vision are quite comprehensive, wellness reimbursement for gym memberships, etc. The office environment is very familial, and management does a great job of making an inside sales career fun.

Cons

Size of company inhibits career potential once mid-level management position is reached.

Advice to Management

New CEO leadership is going to take Stone Street to the next level, and employees are excited to see what's to come. Keep recognizing talent and promoting from within. Open communication with employees will help you reach short and long term goals.

"recent changes"

Current Employee - Underwriting in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Underwriting in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Newly renovated kitchen and break room. Management who works hard to listen to what people want and need. Recent changes in upper management have allowed for more open communication

Cons

Sometimes management comes up with ideas and fails to follow through. But they are working on improving this.

Advice to Management

make sure to focus on communication (both ways)

Dec 19, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Focused communication is at the top of the Senior Management team "must do" list. We are working hard to create a different type of work culture and appreciate this type of feedback. Gary Milwit... More

"Overall good, room for growth, professional and comfortable environment"

Current Employee - Processing in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Processing in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They encourage you to be better than you are and want you to succeed if you want to succeed. There's always room for growth and they welcome suggestions for improvement. Overall good company to work for, environment is comfortable but professional. Management is easy to talk to and they aim to make the workers happy.

Cons

A lot of continual change in many areas for such an old company. Within departments, too, there have been many changes in short periods of time but it seems it's for the improvement of work flow. Needs more consistency but I see they are aware of this and are working at improving this.
    When going on maternity leave, you're required to use all of your PTO before the maternity leave FMLA payment kicks in so when you get back to work you're continually playing catch up with your PTO balance.

Advice to Management

There have been major changes to the company lately so just keep us informed of the status of the company, as you have been. Also, there should be a better system for maternity leave that includes being paid while on it.

Dec 9, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

We are very close to a new and cutting edge policies for leave and tenure. Stay tuned.

9. "Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team of managers now. Very hands on and helpful. They are flexible and great at matching the right person to the perfect position based on skill set, experience and individual goals. There is a very dynamic group of employees that seem to work very well together. Hard work is always recognized and rewarded by management.

Cons

The technology is in need of an upgrade, but I believe they are working on that. It doesn't impede success, though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Stay flexible and approachable. This is the best group of managers that have ever worked at Stone Street. They finally got it right.

Dec 9, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Yes we are working on our technology issues and we are close to implementing some very good tools. We are reviewing our entire platform and appreciate the feedback.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time

Pros

Management cares about their employees and having them move ahead. The atmosphere is laid back and flexible, although you are still expected to complete your work. The benefits are good, including a wellness reimbursement program.

Cons

The raise and bonus plan is not consistent. The lobby is nice, but the rest of the office could use a paint job.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees with appropriate raises and bonuses. Also, paid maternity leave would be wonderful.

Apr 15, 2016 – SVP Sales

Senior Management agrees that the office could use some upgrades. We just hired a contractor to remodel our kitchen and employee break room. We will also take your comments regarding bonuses and... More