Stone Street Capital Reviews | Glassdoor

Gary Milwit

1. "Processing Specialist"

Current Employee - Processing Specialist in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Processing Specialist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Energetic and passionate workplace environment. Employees have been given the ability to make quick decisions without having to go through a formal approval process. Recent changes in the Leadership structure has made a significant difference in the culture.

Cons

Some of the more tenured employees resist the changes that we have to make now. This seems to be changing as our CEO is forcing everyone to think differently. Stop spending money on old technology and unnecessary people and we will be a stronger company than we are today.

Advice to Management

New leadership is doing alot of work to build a better platform. Stay the course.

2. "National Sales Manager"

Former Employee - National Sales Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - National Sales Manager in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stone Street is an incredible place to work. Twice weekly sales training helps employees to grow within their roles and get promoted to the next. Benefits are great - PTO is very generous, health/dental/vision are quite comprehensive, wellness reimbursement for gym memberships, etc. The office environment is very familial, and management does a great job of making an inside sales career fun.

Cons

Size of company inhibits career potential once mid-level management position is reached.

Advice to Management

New CEO leadership is going to take Stone Street to the next level, and employees are excited to see what's to come. Keep recognizing talent and promoting from within. Open communication with employees will help you reach short and long term goals.

"recent changes"

Current Employee - Underwriting in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Underwriting in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Newly renovated kitchen and break room. Management who works hard to listen to what people want and need. Recent changes in upper management have allowed for more open communication

Cons

Sometimes management comes up with ideas and fails to follow through. But they are working on improving this.

Advice to Management

make sure to focus on communication (both ways)

Dec 19, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Focused communication is at the top of the Senior Management team "must do" list. We are working hard to create a different type of work culture and appreciate this type of feedback. Gary Milwit ... More

"Overall good, room for growth, professional and comfortable environment"

Current Employee - Processing in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Processing in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They encourage you to be better than you are and want you to succeed if you want to succeed. There's always room for growth and they welcome suggestions for improvement. Overall good company to work for, environment is comfortable but professional. Management is easy to talk to and they aim to make the workers happy.

Cons

A lot of continual change in many areas for such an old company. Within departments, too, there have been many changes in short periods of time but it seems it's for the improvement of work flow. Needs more consistency but I see they are aware of this and are working at improving this.
    When going on maternity leave, you're required to use all of your PTO before the maternity leave FMLA payment kicks in so when you get back to work you're continually playing catch up with your PTO balance.

Advice to Management

There have been major changes to the company lately so just keep us informed of the status of the company, as you have been. Also, there should be a better system for maternity leave that includes being paid while on it.

Dec 9, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

We are very close to a new and cutting edge policies for leave and tenure. Stay tuned.

6. "Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team of managers now. Very hands on and helpful. They are flexible and great at matching the right person to the perfect position based on skill set, experience and individual goals. There is a very dynamic group of employees that seem to work very well together. Hard work is always recognized and rewarded by management.

Cons

The technology is in need of an upgrade, but I believe they are working on that. It doesn't impede success, though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Stay flexible and approachable. This is the best group of managers that have ever worked at Stone Street. They finally got it right.

Dec 9, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Yes we are working on our technology issues and we are close to implementing some very good tools. We are reviewing our entire platform and appreciate the feedback.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work with. Uncapped Commission is also really nice. Great management and training

Cons

Very laid back environment. You have to be very organized to not get distracted.

Advice to Management

Love management. Everyone is very hands on and very engaging. Your performance is measured on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. Great management.

"Assistant Account Executive"

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

Pros

In 90 days I leaned more about how to deal with people, how to use my voice on the phone correctly and why sales is the hardest job in the world than I learned in 4 years of college. I left to get out of sales, it wasn't for me but I respect the role in a big way.

Cons

stressful sales job- in an office that is sort of cluttered and old looking. The lunch room is falling apart.

Advice to Management

When the SVP of sales has time to train he is awesome. I wanted more of the training to be from the higher level executives. The managers really do care about how we are doing and will work with anyone for as long as necessary to get them better. I spent 4 hours one night listening to calls I had made with my manager sitting next to me giving feedback.

9. "Assistant Account Executive"

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Great opportunity for those who are at entry level position looking for first job and good pay scale right off the bat.
    * Great leadership and seasoned veteran management.
    * Good coaching and teaching of products and to handle specific tasks
    * Good location, benefits, packages, compensation
    * Time flexibility and scheduling of work
    * Solid work environment and coworkers

Cons

* Sales very demanding and difficult job.
    * Extremely erratic customer base
    * Too role specific
    * Can get repetitive and dull
    * Horrendous commute from both Virginia and Maryland sides as Bethesda is a business hotbed in addition to being close to another hotbed in Washington DC.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you guys do.

"Stone Street Capital is a fraud"

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Bethesda, MD

Pros

None, the company is headed for bankruptcu

Cons

Leadership has no integrity, they should be jailed

Advice to Management

Quit and throw yourselves on the mercy of the court. State of Maryland is closing in

11. "I am relatively new to Stone Street (6 months)! I enjoy coming to work and am excited to grow within the company"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stone Street is a place where you are comfortable being yourself while working within the companies guidelines and principles - Unique is welcome!

Office location is great and there's garage parking...can't beat it.

The overall environment at Stone Street is very positive

Cons

Definitely not the fanciest of offices but the open floor plan makes a fun environment and the top floor view is great.

Advice to Management

Management is very helpful and fun! The training is great, I know that I can always go to Management for help, questions and or concerns.