Stone Street Capital Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Stone Street Capital President and Chief Operating Officer Gary Milwit
Gary Milwit

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Job Out Of The 5 I Have Had So Far"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasonable hours (9 to 6), rewarding work, friendly coworkers, department transferability (i.e you can go from sales to operations or vice versa depending on the company needs), management and senior staff that are available and willing to help, genuinely kind office culture

Cons

Office in Bethesda (I live in Baltimore so it is a long commute), difficulty working with customers, making adjustments to complete a transaction, lots of moving parts to learn when starting out

Advice to Management

Create formalized training for sales reps, and probably other departments as well

2. "Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Great environment to develop interpersonal communication skills
    • Develop skills in sales process and leading sales software
    • The opportunity to build soft skills like confidence, leadership, and time management
    • Expand knowledge of financial services
    • Great Location: Business district of Bethesda, great variety of places to eat and shop
    • Plenty of PTO, which allows for work/life balance
    • Management is very involved; they listen and take time to mentor those who are new to sales and the financial industry.

Cons

• The traffic coming and in and out of Bethesda during the weekday
    • The building is old, but they are working on that.
    • Cubicles

Advice to Management

For the most part, keep doing what you're doing. Listening to our voices and opinions has a positive impact on the work environment here. Also, the weekly meetings, and taking the time out to evaluate our strengths and weaknesses, allows for us to improve, learn, and really feel confident in the work we are doing.

"An opportunity to learn"

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-great coaching
    -cold call experience
    -fast pace environment
    -direct exposure to management

Cons

There is no downside to this role. All sales professionals should be required to start in an environment such as this one.

4. "Great People and Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Marketing in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Marketing in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As the saying goes "“Culture eats strategy for breakfast." We are lucky to have both: a culture that developed towards valuing people and a strategy for success. Learning and coaching are a big part of the employee experience. If you are talented and committed, you will find your opportunity. Work/life balance is one of the best benefits.

Cons

The office building is a bit run down, although the kitchen was just remodeled so that's nice.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring talented people! There will always be a place for them.

Oct 3, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

We have had a great year in recruiting new people to join our team. Some of our newest team members have made a huge contribution and it has been great to see.

5. "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Sales in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time

Pros

Good company culture and the CEO cares about employees. Good PTO policy and benefits.

Cons

Customers can be very challenging to help and competitors cut corners and create issues for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in employees and work to grow other business lines to help the company grow.

Oct 3, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your feedback. Our strategy to invest in employee development is paramount in our ability to invest in new business lines. As our employees get the chance to develop new skills and... More

6. "Company Culture"

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a business casual dress policy and work ethics

Cons

Because of the company's culture of being casual, being casual has been pushed to its limits. Too much company gossip lead to upper management. No privacy. One can not talk to a manager and expect what is communicated to be kept private. Also employee's opinions are not valued. Due to having tenure management employees, things are done the hard way rather than the easy and more developed way.

Advice to Management

Tap into your work force. It is only with new ideas that the company can transcend to higher limits. Invest into your employees to get more out of them.

"Working at Stone Street Capital is great!"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's an environment where you're encouraged, challenged, and supported every step of the way. They take time to understand their employees strengths and help them develope a career. The team work with a splash of competition keeps performance and spirits high. Something that sets this company apart, is that management genuinely encourages and promotes a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

Commute to this area is always bad.

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging great team work.

8. "Non- Sales employee"

Current Employee - Non-sales in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Non-sales in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Stone Street Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Stone Street less than 2 months, but so far so good. It's a welcoming & friendly work environment. CEO is forth coming and honest about the company's goals and areas for improvement. He does an excellent job making one feel like they are a part of the team, being approachable, open to creativity of ideas and sharing accountability. Diligent about finding solutions for everything. Management has been patient and detail oriented with my training. I trust that I'm in very capable hands. Great benefits overall, casual dress code and laid-back work environment, but it doesn't undermine productivity.

Cons

The building is old and could you some improvement, but comfortable nonetheless. I believe they are working on it and you have options to make your space comfortable for you. The office manager is very accommodating and great at setting you up for success. Location seems safe and everything works. Not that big a deal for me otherwise. No other cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open and honest with staff about company, sharing ideas and being approachable. Teamwork makes the dream work.

9. "Assistant Account Executuve"

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time

Pros

The company is fun, Hugh energy environment that rewards hard work and fast learners.

Cons

The culture, CEO's disposition and corporate decor needs a lot of work. The Structured Settlement business looks to be declining and will eventually be further regulated. Many of the senior managers are JG went worth rejects and only care about the numbers.

Advice to Management

Diversify the business and really invest in new employees.

10. "Assistant Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Stone Street Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were friendly. Great learning environment, managers always available for coaching. Bagel Mondays, great location, decent benefits. short cubicle walls to see over and talk with co workers.

Cons

The type of work of buying people's annuities is generally quite depressing and in my opinion sleazy which is one reason I got out of it. Its on the phones all the time job, not my thing. cut throat competition in industry, zero customer loyalty

Advice to Management

It seems like the business is drying up

May 8, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for writing your review. We appreciate that you have take the time to give your honest opinion and have provided us with constructive feedback. We are hopeful that you were able to... More