StoneGate Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
John F. Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"For the most part... "IT ROCKED!" and I would do it again in a heartbeat says the little redhead."

Former Employee - Director of Nursing in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Director of Nursing in Tulsa, OK

I worked at StoneGate Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the vast knowledge base of your resources which would be your upper management, the team in each facility, and the vast array of knowledge that your staff has also. Family like atmosphere, and that there is place for advancement within the company! excellent company!

Cons

there was no challenge that could not be accomplished and conquered.

Advice to Management

and your administrator adequate orientation time, and listen to your in employees.

2. "Dietary"

Former Employee - Dietary in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Dietary in Denver, CO

I worked at StoneGate Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some people are nice, until you get to management and up

Cons

Prerty much everything, they only care about profit. Don't be fooled, they don't care whatsoever about patients or employees. They run employees into the ground with out care and pay very very little and management doesn't lift a finger to help out and won't listen to any advice and only has aggressive responses to concerns or advice.

Advice to Management

Change everything because it's not working.

"Not a good place to work, would advise against it strongly."

Pros

If it's close to home.

Cons

Low pay, ridiculous hours, lousy benefits.

4. "CNA"

Former Employee - CNA in Enid, OK
    Former Employee - CNA in Enid, OK

I worked at StoneGate Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only thing I liked about working there, was taking care of my residents. And they did offer insurance to full time employees

Cons

Management is horrible!! They do not care about employees. Management will only treat you good unless you work 16 hour shifts for them.

Advice to Management

Management needs to stop picking favorites and treat every one equally. They need to listen to their employees. How you treat your employees says a lot.

5. "Marketing Director"

Current Employee - Marketing Director
    Current Employee - Marketing Director

I have been working at StoneGate Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The administrator is always sick so she often isn’t around to terrorize the management team. The same goes for the RDSM.

Cons

Everything. This company cares more about money than they ever will about our residents. “No pay no stay” is frequently heard from corporate level management. Corporate level managers come in for a few hours and leave to spend the rest of the day taking long lunches and shopping with each other. Higher executives are a joke. They have no idea what is actually going on at the community level.

Advice to Management

Go in and talk to your staff at the communities. Not the administrator or DON, but the people actually working to bring patients in and those that care for those patients.

"They are broke!"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Lewisville, TX

I worked at StoneGate Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I no longer work there!

Cons

That I ever worked there!

Advice to Management

Run far away! They are broke and they don't pay their bills on time so everything is always getting turned off! Corporate doesn't understand how much their horrible accounting management affects the well being of the facilities! This was the worst company ever! We were literally on hold for almost every important company needed to run the facilities such as medical vendors, transportation, and everything in between! I won't even mention having to beg the "VP" A.K.A the troll with the checks to send vendors their very overdue payments. I don't know what's worst, the turnover or the stressful working environment. Absolutely no structure! Turnover is unbelievable! I'm so glad that I could finally quit and find a great paying legitimate company to get me out of that hellhole!

StoneGate Senior Living Response

Oct 6, 2017 – Recruiting Services Manager

We regret that the individual who posted this negative review did not have a more satisfactory experience at StoneGate Senior Living, LLC. We have been in business for more than 16 years, steadily... More

"Business development for skilled and long-term care"

I have been working at StoneGate Senior Living full-time

Pros

Hard to say. Culture has changed past few years.

Cons

Lack of transparency, vision and ability to understand company direction

Advice to Management

Communicate more. Greater transparency

"Nurse Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeSoto, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in DeSoto, TX

I worked at StoneGate Senior Living full-time

Pros

Had an awesome team before new Executive Director came in and messed up everything.

Cons

I use to love working for Stonegate until they brought in a new Executive Director last year. He made sure to tell all the managers in the morning meeting if you call the compliance line on him he will know right away because they will notify him. I never felt safe contacting corporate/compliance hotline to voice my concerns because those that did ended up getting fired. They only care about making money & not the residents. My old Administrator and Executive Director were the best and truly cared about the residents and the staff. My job was replaced by the ED while I was on medical leave.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the ethical morals of your Administrators/Executive Directors not just if they can make you money!

"Could be better"

Former Employee - LVN in North Richland Hills, TX
    Former Employee - LVN in North Richland Hills, TX

I worked at StoneGate Senior Living full-time

Pros

The computer system used to document is one of the most user friendly compared to a lot of other places and it makes the job somewhat easier.

Cons

Corporate is forever meddling with no real sense of what is actually going on on the floor .They are constantly complaining about nurses racking up overtime but on the other hand provide no tools to ease the workload and instead they come up with "creative " ways to ensure the exact same result they complain about . Brilliant right? Schedule is 4 days on 2 off which apart from being outdated ensures you only get a full check once a month but also one weekend off every 6 weeks. Pay scale is also outdated hence a high staff turnover but according to the regional director its competitive within a 5 mile radius fyi we have a couple of fast food locations close by so perhaps thats where his research was focused.

Advice to Management

It is absolutely unnecessary to have corporate in this building every week it ensures nothing apart from aggravating the staff who depending on personality may or may not transfer their feelings downwards. You have nurse managers use them or fire them if you dont trust them. And quit wondering why you have a high turnover.. you get what you pay for.Expecting premium service for discount prices is delusional .Changing the schedule to a Mon - Fri would be excellent .

"Accounting"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Little Elm, TX
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Little Elm, TX

I worked at StoneGate Senior Living (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people in the field that you support

Cons

Workload balance is not fair

Advice to Management

I have no comments to add