StoneHill Technical Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

StoneHill Technical Solutions Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2016

Found 6 reviews

3.5
  1. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Accountant in Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at StoneHill Technical Solutions for more than a year

Pros

All of the employees really work as a team. If there is an issue, everyone available jumps in until we find the right solution. When one employee is doing well, everyone celebrates. There is also room for growth. I have seen employees hired in one particular job title, but with hard work and stepping up in leadership, they have moved into greater roles of influence. There are also very clear goals. It is so effective...

Cons

In IT, things break. It is what keeps StoneHill in business, but it can also create client frustrations. Sometimes we deal with unhappy clients, but because things are working well most of the time and we have that previous good rapport, we most often come to a good understanding.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize employee successes, it is encouraging and keeps a positive environment overall.

StoneHill Technical Solutions2016-03-21
  2. "Positive Reviews are Faked"

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Laguna Hills, CA

I worked at StoneHill Technical Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Don't believe the other reviews.. We lost so many customers because management couldn't see their real needs. The CEO is as arrogant as they come so it's no wonder we've lost so many customers when other IT businesses are growing leaps and bounds.

Cons

They talk a good game, got us to read lots of books and give you a sense of belonging but we never could deliver what we promised and eventually customers find out and bail.

Advice to Management

Humble thyself

StoneHill Technical Solutions2016-08-13
  3. "In 4 months I have seen the short term and long term goals they have set in place either come true or are on their way!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at StoneHill Technical Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office has a family style camaraderie that I look forward to walking into evey morning! The owner looks for ways to take care of each individual employee of his in their own way that they would most respond to! He is very cognizant of where everyone is in their growth by holding progress reviews on a consistent basis to make sure on a formal level that they are all on the same page. I have never felt so taken care...

Cons

In all the time I have been with StoneHill Technical Solutions, I have yet to run into a problem that out ranks any other company I have ever worked for. The people are great, the owner cares for his employees and the work ethic of all my co-workers push me to be the best I can be, with the understanding I have room to grow as a result of the work I put in!

StoneHill Technical Solutions2016-03-20
  4. "MSP on the rise"

Current Employee - Network Administrator in Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at StoneHill Technical Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, fun and relaxed environment Lots of technologies to garner experience with Leadership actually listens to employees, and you genuinely feel like they care. Pay is fair and at the very least industry standard.

Cons

Workload can get pretty strenuous, but can also net lots of overtime. 24x7 shifts are rotated amongst technicians, so long hours are expected during this time period.

Advice to Management

Consider adding more staff members to help reduce workload, and to expand clientele options.

StoneHill Technical Solutions2016-03-20
  5. "Highly recommended"

Former Employee - Virtual CIO in Laguna Hills, CA

I worked at StoneHill Technical Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team environment, starting from the CEO to management and technicians; truly a family atmosphere. Business model is solid and everyone takes ownership and is an integral piece of the puzzle. Growth was transparent and always reported; seemed on the verge of becoming a best in class MSP. Tons of growth opportunities and I learned immensely. Everyone worked 40 hours or a little more most weeks but nothing extreme...

Cons

Some meetings were productivity killers. Some customers were unprofessional and earlier intervention by mgt could have helped diffuse some tensions earlier.

Advice to Management

Keep a more careful watch of some employees who may take advantage of your trust and come in late often, take extended breaks, and not pull their weight. Thanks for the opportunity to grow and establish a new career and life on the west coast!

StoneHill Technical Solutions2015-05-23
  6. "A ton of work that violated work\life balance."

I worked at StoneHill Technical Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The coworkers and some of the clients were the best part about the job. The job also allowed me to get experience with a lot of different technologies.

Cons

Management wants everyone "bought in" but doesn't necessarily want to buy into the employees. The hours worked are long and hard with minimal appreciation. Lower than standard industry pay. I gave my heart and soul to StoneHill and when it came to an end I was thrown out like garbage.

Advice to Management

Start showing your appreciation to your employees in meaningful ways.

StoneHill Technical Solutions2015-01-29