StoneMor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lawrence Miller

Pros
  • Helping families pre-arrange their final arrangements so that their families don't have the financial or emotional burden (in 19 reviews)

• Meeting wonderful families in their time of need (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes there is no upper management but for some people that isn't a bad thing (in 20 reviews)

• Expected to do a ton of work for minimum wage earnings (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Absolutely Positive Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Carlisle, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Carlisle, PA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was pleasantly surprised at the Structured training process, Amazing benefits plan, Open door to management and being given the tools I need to succeed. I was very nervous at first to leave my smaller employer and jump to a larger corporation. My only regret was not doing it sooner! Everyone from the Regional Trainer and VP of Sales down to the Grounds and Administrative teams at the locations have made me feel welcome. Not to mention, the compensation is right on point as was promised!

Cons

None thus far that I have found

Advice to Management

Continue the excellent communication!

Feb 9, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing! We are happy to hear of your positive experience with StoneMor.

2. "Family Service Counselor"

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor
    Current Employee - Family Service Counselor

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the one job that exists that you are truly helping families. if you're lucky you "get it" and it's a pleasure to serve. There is strong management who expect and trust you to do your job

Cons

If you're a professional, it's a little tough to work around the office slacker/complainer

Advice to Management

ask the complainers to leave. too much important stuff is going on to deal with the people who should not be in this business.

"Family Service Counselor"

Former Employee - Family Service Counselor in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Family Service Counselor in Durham, NC

I worked at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved working with the families

Cons

Stonemor does not care about your life and what you have to do. There main goal is to see that you as a employee get sales no matter what or how much time you spend getting them. They say that it is team work but that is wrong. You need to get your sales or you are out in a couple of months. They treat you less than human it is there way or the highway. Not the best company to work for.

Advice to Management

Need new and better ideas. Better working conditions, some of the offices worked in are trouble. You want people to pay money for there love ones to be laid to rest and the building looks trouble. one in mine Woodlawn Memorial Park. They give people different pay for the same job. Family Sales counselors working as assistance and getting paid for that and then doubling as a part-time sales counselor getting commission also. Not Fair at all. They have new sales managers there for a month and walks off the job as well as sales counselors. That should tell you something right there not the best. You let the best go. Get her Back.

"Mgr"

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the Family Service, it's amazing that if you treat the families right, they will come back! Your greed has tied my hands!!!!

Cons

It's a joke! People that are amazing are getting fired.. it's all about lining people's pockets!! It is so sad.. Robin Hood, the Rich keep getting richer!!

Advice to Management

Stop being greedy! You say it's about the Families that we service, but at the end of the day, it's about Greed!! What can you do for me?? You raise the budget, there is NO Way it can be met... you are setting me up for failure!! No doubt!! I will give it a year...bankrupt!! It's coming!!

Feb 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your response. We recognize the need to be transparent with our employees. While it has been difficult to ensure complete consistency of the employee experience across our hundreds of ... More

"Basically a pyramid scheme"

Former Employee - Sales Counselor
    Former Employee - Sales Counselor

I worked at StoneMor full-time

Pros

Sometimes there were free donuts.

Cons

Extremely unethical company, they know they cannot support a full sales staff on the amount of business that is regularly made at their offices, but they will lead you to believe one can make a fortune. Their convoluted commission scheme is basically a way for them to keep a full office staff on hand without having to pay them. The benefits package they offer cost more than marketplace insurance with subsidies that their staff will assuredly qualify for.

Advice to Management

Pay your staff adequately, or you will never be able to hold onto good people.

Feb 9, 2017 – Human Resources

Our leadership team has made significant efforts to build and train our sales force. We recently hired a new National Vice President of Sales to evaluate our sales operation, create new hire training ... More

"The cautionary tale of a Family Services Counselor."

Former Employee - Family Service Counselor
    Former Employee - Family Service Counselor

I worked at StoneMor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training. Supportive park manager.

Cons

Your not a counselor, this is a sales role in the death care industry. Absolutely the worst experience of my professional career once I went to my park. Non existent leads, prospecting was extremely difficult due to the nature of the product being sold. Unethical means of generating leads. Making the weekly quota was, nearly impossible for a new counselor unless there was at need death and the individual did not have burial essentials. You will be judged on how much Pre- Need sales is accomplished. They use a tool called the Family Planning Guide and a use of fear and used car sales techniques to get the prospect to buy space and burial essentials. Regardless, what your told in training, at-need takes up alot of time if your own desk duty. Commission's are OK if they give you it in its entirety. Good luck over 1/2 of the training class will not survive the first 90 days.Be prepared for 40+ hours and working weekends for 7.25 an hour if you didn't sell my thing that day.

Advice to Management

Keep the training. Dump the sales model. Implement technologies that were invented before the 1950s.

Feb 9, 2017 – Human Resources

While it has been difficult to ensure complete consistency of the employee experience across our hundreds of locations, we are committed to fostering a culture of leadership, support and success. We ... More

"Six figure income, company set warm leads, paid tropical trips, outstanding benefits, booming industry... Oh really????"

Former Employee - Family Service Counselor in Mount Airy, NC
    Former Employee - Family Service Counselor in Mount Airy, NC

I worked at StoneMor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your income (for the first few years) is so low that you'll find yourself qualifying for every government assistance program that exists. You can also impress your friends at Christmas cocktail parties because your business card job title says you are a "Counselor" and you can chat about how your job is to help people. If you're gullible, you may even trick yourself into thinking you are helping people and you might actually find yourself feeling good about yourself, when really all you are is a telemarketer. This company will also make you a wiser person. You will learn: never trust anybody. To be fair, income can possibly be decent after 5+ years.

Cons

This is Skyline Memory Gardens. A cemetery founded in the the 1950s located in Mount Airy, North Carolina, that was sadly bought up by StoneMor. This is the truth about what StoneMor is getting away with.

StoneMor, a burial arrangement services corporation, has had much success and made great gains in the industry by transforming the business model of a traditional burial arrangement company into that of a money hungry modern-day monopolizing insurance company. Through this success, they've had the privilege of buying their way into being one of nation's leading corporations in the industry, with their army of commissioned sales people, while knowingly mistreating their customers and their own employees left and right every single day without the slightest bit of remorse. Like all who deliberately break the law repeatedly every single day, you're bound to get caught eventually, like StoneMor was for example.

StoneMor was sued in 2015 for $2.3 million by over 500 employees for ripping them off with their pay for years. The people who run this company knew this was going on the entire time. It was an obvious and deliberate action. Everyone in the company knew the employees were working full 40 hour weeks Monday-Friday, then forced to work weekends, then forced to fill out time sheets that never exceeded 40 hours. They knew all too well that attempting to steal overtime hours from their employees by telling them not to clock in on a computer, like every single other established company uses this day in age, would create a problem. That is why they use hand written time sheets. Sweeping overtime hours under the rug without problems arising is much easier using hand written time sheets employees fill out each week. "Only put 40 hours" their little robots are programmed to call out every week as the time sheets are passed out, and everyone just sits back and writes 40 hours. Make that the first time and probably the only time in my professional career when I've been forced to do something illegal, and go figure, it was my first week at StoneMor! What a good first week impression of working there. After getting away with it for years, the day came when enough people came together, probably just a little bit fed up of being illegally stolen from, reported what has been going on, and set the stage for a slam-dunk class action lawsuit costing StoneMor millions of dollars. This really did happen. You can google it. Lesson? "Crime never pays."

And in addition to that small fact...

StoneMor offers a high turnover, minimum wage paying, door-to-door knocking little sales gig that any experienced sales professional like myself knows to stay away from completely. I asked every correct question in the interview to ensure that this was not one of those types of jobs, and I was completely lied to as I was fed every correct answer ensuring it was not. The application and interview process is specifically designed to attract quality applicants, completely hide the truth of what the job really is and make them think they have an actual good opportunity in front of them. They don't dare tell anyone about the income starting out StoneMor employees make for the first few years, which is the same as an the average McDonald's employee's income. They tell everyone they will be provided with company set sales appointments, but they don't dare tell anyone the corporate set appointments are a worthless waste of time, which they are. They gloat about how excellent their benefits are and how someone they know won a company paid vacation just recently. The benefits are actually nothing special at all, and new employees won't ever win a company paid vacation. Only the company veterans who have been there for years whose sales numbers have added up through referrals win the trips as all the newer employees sit back making minimum wage and get to watch them take these trips. They don't tell you about their extremely pushy sales tactics that they push on the elderly, which are completely over the line pushy. And they also especially do not let you know that you will be working under a special "at-will" contract, which allows employers the right to terminate any person at any time for any reason they want to. And StoneMor is a company that fires employees on a whim with zero warnings whatsoever. My first day at StoneMor, after accepting the job and quitting my last decent paying job, the first thing I did when I walked in the door was sit down as I read over this "at-will" contract, rolled my eyes and signed it. That is information that should have been provided in the interviewing process. And also, during the interview they have you sit in the room they take customers into during sales presentations. This room has nice and comfortable tables, chairs, computers, etc. They don't show you the room you'll be working in, in which there are old, dented, scratched, beat up desks and chairs that are completely uncomfortable, and no computers. ALL of your work is done on paper, the way American work places used to operate in the 1980s. So have fun working in an office the way people in this country worked 35 years ago on tables, desks, and chairs that were manufactured 35 years ago. I am not making any of this up. They knowingly, and deliberately do everything they can to hide what this job really is to basically sucker qualified and experienced professionals who wouldn't even think about applying if they knew any little tiny bit of the truth. And what did I just read recently in over a dozen recent employee reviews? StoneMor now requires all employees to take furloughs, which are unpaid periods off. They must have gotten a disgruntled at the fact that they are no longer able to steal overtime hours from employees the way they used to in the good old days, so they need a way to make up for it that is actually legal this time. ring ring..."Better Call Saul!!!" So furloughs, the legal way to steal from employees. Add that to the list of things I've seen from StoneMor that I doubt I will never see from any other company again in my life.

To sum up my approximate 45 day span there... You're on your own getting sales leads. Bust out your phone book and cell phone. I called everybody within my extended network of family and friends who lived in the area every single day. Just about every single call was ignored. I never answer when my caller ID shows a random company I've never heard of. A few people actually picked up and politely said "no thank you." And then, from these phone calls, I actually met with a few people, showed them products, options, and prices, and they said "no thank you, I think I'll need a little more than a few weeks on making these decisions." Being the experienced salesperson that I am, I wasn't surprised at all that no one wanted to drop thousands of dollars on something they didn't want to even think about. Why am I here trying to convince people to make decisions about these significant arrangements in such a time pressed manner that any logically thinking person would put a lot of thought and planning into before purchasing? Where your final resting place will be? To be decided on a spur of the moment so a salesman can get a sale? This is a joke. I was then given a list of thousands of residents in the area and instructed to call down the list. That was even more of a waste of time. I won't get into details. I was then told to go out door knocking. Again, I won't even get into what a waste of that time that was. Mind you that I have been in sales for years. I've performed perfectly fine in each different type of sales I've been in. I've sold under this type of marketing before, and speaking from experience, this type of marketing works when you are selling an item that is inexpensive, easy to sell, and that everyone needs for their daily lives. Burial arrangement products are highly expensive, highly difficult to sell, not needed in daily lives, and are a product that people naturally want to block out of their minds. Any cold-calling solicitor selling this product will be ignored, even if it's a family member or friend.

So what about those company set warm leads I was told about in the interview? They do provide warm leads. They are made by a call center by StoneMor employees who call existing customers all day. Have fun with this conversation...

"Hello this is your StoneMor rep calling. Oh...yeah that guy doesn't work here anymore. But can I come over to your house to meet with you? We need to update your paperwork again"

"Uh, I suppose.....it won't take long will it? And you won't be trying to sell me anything will you?"

(yeah, the only type of warm lead they offer, you have a slightly higher chance of getting in the door with that one, and a slim chance of making a sale for a potential 5% commission sale that won't make you one cent)

I was completely assured in the interview that I'd have no problem making the same income I was currently making in my assistant management job where I had been working nearly four years. I was making over $600 weekly. That was a lie. I'd be looking at minimum wage for at least a year, then a likely possible average of $10 per hour the next year, a huge jump down from the $16 per hour I was currently making. I got home everyday to my wife yelling at me about my paycheck, and wondering what I was going to do with my mortgage and car payment that was due in a week. I'd be facing foreclosures and repossessions in a few months and my credit taking a plunge making $7.25 an hour. Lies, lies, and more lies is what this company feeds qualified sales people like myself to get them in the door, leaving their decent jobs for their pathetic little minimum wage paying sales gig. Then, if they don't put numbers on the board immediately, they fire these employees on a whim with no warnings or training. That's exactly what they did with me after less than two months, while performing every required job function every single day. The best sales person on the planet would not have been able to make sales being face-to-face with the people I presented to. Every person I met with was convinced we were simply meeting for an absolute mandatory required "paperwork updating" appointment and was in no way prepared to drop $1,000. They signed the paperwork (which is not mandatory at all and not even important to even do) and then they rushed me out the door. I felt like the go-go guy driving around helping the StoneMor location get their completely unnecessary paperwork signed throughout my brief two months there, while making just a few sales along the way that didn't even make me an extra penny in the process, so that they could tell me I was terminated after a short time period without any kind of warning or additional coaching. And I was selling in the month of July, the historically slowest month of the year in the industry as a whole when everybody is budgeting for things like vacations and NOT thinking about budgeting for their death beds. This type of sales is a joke, and it's the complete opposite of what I was told it was. The pitch they throw at potential employees is designed to excite good, hard working, presently employed professionals, make them think they have a good opportunity in front of them, and throw them into a daily job with a company that they regret having anything to do with. I'm not an angry former employee who is embarrassed about being fired and is trying to get back at a company. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. I was simply suckered into a scam, and took a huge financial hit due to that. My family and I got set back about a year with our plans on buying a house, I had to rely on savings to get by that I had intended to save, and we were forced to live with family members for an extended period of time which was completely inconvenient for everybody involved. Everything would have worked out fine with my plans had I stayed in my current decent paying job that I left to go to StoneMor. No person deserves to go through these hardships after being completely screwed over by StoneMor. That is the reason why I am posting this information.

I just used the word "scam" to describe StoneMor. There's no more accurate word to use in the StoneMor situation. Everything about the StoneMor operation is consistent with various modern scams. Preying on peoples' emotions when they're vulnerable with the intention of getting money out of them, preying on the elderly who don't always know to make the best decisions, instilling fear of skyrocketing prices that people's loved ones will be faced with in order to get a sale today, getting someone to buy one thing and the continuously nagging them to get numerous other things that go with the one thing, tricking people into taking time out of their day to "update paperwork" and then pushing sales on them, illegally stealing employees' wages through completely illegal practices, (which got them sued $2.3 million), forcing every employee to take unpaid time off (furloughs, the legal way to do it so they won't be sued), outright lying about the pay and perks of the job that are completely untrue in order to actually get good people to work for them, (only the desperate for work, unemployed, and unqualified people would work for them if any little bit of the truth was known) and overall making just about everyone they sucker in as an employee or customer feel cheated, lied to, and regretting having anything to do with them. Every characteristic of this operation is a scam on the inside and is disguised as a legitimate business operation on the outside.

When I was on the phone with the attorney's office in regard to the stolen overtime hours lawsuit, I asked the lawyer about these numerous other issues. He told me he and his partners had heard numerous StoneMor nightmare stories over the past week when talking to the hundreds of current and former StoneMor employees. He said it is absolutely illegal to lie about income in interviews, especially at the extent they do. He said he thought that matter could have success if taken to court by enough people. It would be, however, a difficult case with the labor laws in place and the way they work. Whereas compared to the stolen overtime hours lawsuit, the labor laws are so black and white, that a freshman law student could have won in court with that set of laws, law violations, circumstances, and evidence. Oh wait, little mistake there, a freshman in high school could have actually won that one.

The sales pitches are specifically designed to prey on people who are emotionally overwhelmed during the most devastating time of their life, and make people think they need to purchase now before the prices skyrocket. Many people have just seen their parents, or in some cases, their children being buried. That is the perfect time to show a person a nearby plot and throw the pitch "that space over there is open. You better get it fast before it sells, and also keep in mind, burial arrangement prices double every 10 years" ... It's sleazier than the Kevin's used auto lot five miles up the road on the left that plays corny commercials on the radio all day. But that's how people eventually make good money with this company after working there for 5+ years. They get more and more people to who are emotionally attached to that moment they spent with you, so that they can't say no later on. So, good income is possible, after years and years goes by, if you are OK with being this type of a person every single day. I have no earthly idea as to why the prices for these services somehow doubles every decade, increasing at a soaring rate, much faster than inflation. By those numbers, burial arrangement services will exceed the price tag of an average car within the next 20 years, and then catch up to the price of a house in the next 50 years. So, to put that into context, a small slab of stone with your name on it sitting on just a couple square feet of land is somehow going to catch up to the cost of acres of land with a house sitting on it over the next five decades according to burial arrangement service sales people. (StoneMor is not the only burial arrangement company telling people that) But no matter who that's coming from, that's an awfully convenient scenario for a salesperson to present to someone to make them hurry up and buy. If I tried to use that line with what I'm selling now or anything I've ever sold ever, I'd just get laughed at. But burial arrangements is a product that is unique. Salespeople have the ability to lead people's minds into the future, to a point in time where most of us have chosen not to imagine. Putting a person's mind to an unimaginable place in the future, people will likely have the tendency to believe anything. The question... "What's the world going to be like the day that I die?" makes people wonder. Future expenses is one of those things they think of as healthcare for the elderly is very costly. So what better mental game than to get a person in that state of mind and then drop the ball in their court to make them believe they need to buy products now while the prices are so cheap. And the thing is, it actually works. That, among other reasons, is how the pathetic company has been able to successfully report growth, the way that actual good companies are able to do.

If you walk into a StoneMor location, you will be greeted with a smile. You will likely be shown professionalism and good customer service. Whether you are seeking to purchase property for yourself, or if it's for another family member who needs you to take care of a visit for them if you're a power of attorney. You will likely leave an appointment feeling OK about working with them. As I previously described, that is the fake superficial shell on the outside that they reveal. After you leave, then comes out the greedy dirty truth of the company and it's people. They will go right to your paperwork, figure out any additional product you will need, and endlessly call you as they're looking up on the sales board hanging up on the wall trying to get their numbers as high as they can so they can see their name at the top. You will get phone calls from the local and corporate offices to come in for these "paperwork updating" appointments. The goal of these calls and appointments is sales and nothing else. The calls won't end. They'll also ask for phone numbers of every family member you've ever had in the area who they hope will be dying to be buried next to you. That sales tactic, endlessly asking for family and friend referrals from clients, is exactly what insurance companies use, except it's much easier with insurance, especially because everybody is required to have it nowadays and it's a product used all the time in daily lives. They have meetings in which they go over with each other who they've met with and how many referrals they got from that person, how many appointments they've set, and how many sales they've made. That is the constant mindset of each and every person working in these offices at all times. Don't be fooled by the compassion and hugs after your mom died. The second you walk out, these "Family Service Counselors" whose job it is to "help" you, turn into insurance salesmen whose job it is to sell to you. They'll meet in their little offices immediately after you leave gathering up all the paperwork and planning when and what sales pitch route to take before calling you to get more money out of you to meet their monthly sales goal.

Enough talk about the ridiculously pushy sales tactics and utter dishonesty. That's just how this entire company is run from the top down. It's time to talk about the numerous multi-dimensional corrupt on every level little instances I witnessed at my location in my 45 day span there. Where to begin... Let's start with outstanding customer service skills. A concerned customer, one day, showed me a defect on his mother's headstone. No other headstone out there had this defect. He said he made several requests to have this small issue fixed. I got his name, told him I'd report the issue to the appropriate people and we would get it taken care of for him, which is the way any kind of normal business operation would function in this situation. I reported the concern, only to get an eye roll and "he's always complaining," and the issue was not addressed. But, there was clearly an issue, an issue that means something to someone as it involved his parent's burial site, an issue that is covered in StoneMor's perpetual care that they promise every customer in their sales pitch when selling their products, and an issue that needed to be fixed that obviously wasn't. This utter lack of care and total neglect in standing by their products at the store level is consistent with the corporate level, who is responsible for the location I was at being more than a year late on construction of a mausoleum. That's more than a year behind schedule of a small construction project that shouldn't take more than a few weeks to complete. And they pressed the employees at the location to sell spaces to it before it was complete. Complaints poured in from people who purchased property with the promise of a completion date that was neglected completely. In the midst of all these complaints, they went out and put four stakes in the ground connected by colored construction tape so they could at least walk people outside and say "well, they've gotten the process started, see that over there? that's where it's going" and people walked off disgusted. So if they were to die, a few wooden stakes hammered in the ground and red plastic tape is what this StoneMor has got there for them. That's what they're making their monthly payments on - wooden sticks and plastic tape. I walked around the office disgusted being even seen in this office by people as an employee of StoneMor as all this went on. The people contracted to mow the grass at my location were given a hard time about coming in for restroom breaks. Past employees who were previously terminated were made fun of at the lunch table. Welcome to sixth grade. This might sound hard to believe, but it's true. A person was supposedly having nightmares related to working in the death industry and did not work out for that reason. While this is something I might laugh about at the dinner table at home, workplace personnel are not allowed to openly discuss personnel matters like that, let alone laugh at and make fun of people who they let go, which is highly unprofessional and flat out immature. That is almost as immature as whining about speeding tickets. I am not making a word if this up, and all of this I observed in the barely two months of my being there. Looking at the whole spectrum, it's an obvious situation. It's no surprise I was completely misled about numerous aspects of the job and flat out lying about the income. It's also no surprise that this is the only time I've ever had (and probably ever will) been forced me to do something illegal. All I'll say is, it takes a certain specific type of human being to work at this place. No morally or ethically sound person who knows the difference between right vs. wrong would ever make a good fit for any position with this company. They would not be able to follow and abide by StoneMor's policies for a week.

Might this job be OK for some certain people? If you are in your midlife crisis, if you haven't been able to find work that you're proud to do or pays well, if you either live with your mommy and daddy still or you're married to someone who makes good money and you really seriously can afford to live off of a fast-food cashier's income for a few years, then StoneMor could possibly be an OK opportunity. You can also tell people at Christmas cocktail parties or your 20 year high school class reunion that your job title is a "Family Service Counselor," and talk about how your job is helping families, and you might be able to even convince a few people that you do important work, and you might find yourself driving home with a self-esteem level increased by two points. Then you'll drive back to work the next day as just another sales person performing outright simple work, but at least you'll feel better about yourself. So, this job has it's place, for some certain people.

Every word I've said is true. To any current StoneMor employee reading these review boards, you probably know exactly what myself and others are talking about. To any current employee reading what I'm writing and thinking I need to go get a life and move on, all I am doing is spreading information about your company that is true. Somebody needs to do that, considering how all StoneMor does is lie to people, which in turn, screws them over and makes them regret ever having anything to do with you. If I can steer even one person away from becoming involved with StoneMor in any way by posting this information, then I have made the world a better place. There's an awful lot of talk going on around here by StoneMor associates about "helping" people. Well, I'm actually the one helping people by steering people away from StoneMor. And by the way, I have moved on. I'm sitting behind a computer, in a comfortable chair, with 200 company-provided warm sales leads, making appointments and sales every single week, and making over $50,000 per year. The company I am with has also talked to me about moving up, and my numbers are where they need to be to do so. So basically, everything StoneMor said it was, but wasn't, is where I'm working now. My only intention of revealing that information is to let every person know there are far better opportunities for experienced and qualified salespeople out there than StoneMor's pathetic little sales gig. I had actually forgotten about and moved in past StoneMor when I first got this job. Until, that is, I'm sitting at my job one day and my cell phone rang from an out if area phone number. I rolled my eyes at first thinking it was probably a sales call. It was an attorney firm in Ohio informing me of a class action lawsuit they were filing against StoneMor and they were calling me to see if I wanted to opt in. I opted in, of course, received a check a month later for a few hundred dollars. Add that to my ongoing list of instances of corruption I've seen at StoneMor, a list I'm still adding to three years later.

The last note I'll make is that I fully understand that this is a business. I know the game of getting customers in front of you and making sales quotas. That's something I've done everyday in different jobs before and after StoneMor, and have been a good fit with and put up competitive numbers without a problem as I worked in places where I was actually able to apply my sales techniques and work ethic to meet goals. But what is happening at StoneMor is coercion and borderline fraud. I've never seen anything like it.

To anyone thinking how could a person whose time with a company didn't even exceed two months actually know enough to slam a company like this, that's a valid point. But look at it this way - consider everything I've said, and the fact that all of this I've said I've seen from just an approximate 45 day period. This is more instances of corruption, dishonesty, complete lack of integrity, and flat out poor service on so many different levels than I've seen in my entire employment history combined.

Thanks for listening.

Advice to Management

Hey management, what are you doing reading company reviews? Didn't you see your stock fall a few points last night? Your almighty shareholders won't be happy. Get off your computer, order a mandatory conference call and get your sales managers to get their "Counselors" to get on the phone and set appointments. What do you think you're in the business for?

Jan 6, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We appreciate your candid feedback. These issues are being addressed head on. Over the past six months, we have made significant efforts to build and train our sales force, beginning with the hiring ... More

9. "StoneMor Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Feasterville Trevose, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Feasterville Trevose, PA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment and team.
    Decent benefits
    Work/life balance and flexibility

Cons

The company is going through changes but staying on top of it. Can be stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating honestly with your employees.

Jan 6, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

"Evaluation of my life...The end of my first year at StoneMor Partners"

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At 40 plus years old one day I woke up and realized that although I loved owning my own business, I had reached most if not all of my own life goals. Time for a change! I scoured the internet looking for an industry that I could find passion and success for the second part of my career life. I came across StoneMor Partners. I applied, interviewed and accepted a position as a Family Service Counselor. After two weeks of training I felt like I was equipped to start my career as a cemetery professional. I am a single mom of two boys who has always had a very strong financial foundation. I was excited to work for a company that offered medical and dental benefits and rewarded top performances with high rate commissions. The year was a challenge... It takes hard work and dedication but it has paid off! As 2016 is coming to a close - I cannot be happier with the decision I made just over one year ago. Today I reflect on this past year. It was challenging to start over in my 40's. This company has given me the training and tools and continued support in my success. I LOVE what I do and I am proud that everyday I meet and help families prepare in advance for the worst day they as a family will face. I am compensated for my hard work and recognized as a top performer.

Cons

Fear... I was afraid to work for a large corporation after successfully owning my own small business. I am happy that the fear was my driving force. All companies have the good and the bad... I can honestly say that every day I love coming to work and have not one part of the past year that I would change!

Advice to Management

Continue to train and develop your teams. Hard working individuals will be successful with the tools that you provide. The marketing that is produced and the training that is provided has given me a full tool box. Team meetings, group call nights, management support and encouragement are all things that StoneMor offers.

Jan 6, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We appreciate your response! We are happy to hear of your great experience with StoneMor Partners. We recognize the need to arm our team members with the tools to be more successful, and we are ... More

"Bad don't do it"

I worked at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There isn't very much good I can say about this company. I wish them luck is all I can think of.

Cons

No support from upper management, low pay, to much work, going under, etc.....

Advice to Management

Learn from the past mistakes you have made this is your third try and it's not turning into a charm.