KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.8
StoneMor President and Chief Executive Officer Joe Redling
Joe Redling

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Excellent Benefits(in 25 reviews)
  • "The pay is great and kind of infinite in the amount you can make.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with, genuine and kind.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Great commission when you actually make a sale.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is greatly respected and encouraged, flexible schedule, many office perks, Great management.(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of StoneMor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Easy to work for

May 13, 2022 - Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

alot of prospecting for leads and referrals, making appointments and helping families through a difficult time, great work life balance

Cons

can be slow, boring and you only get paid commission or minimum wage (whichever is more), bi weekly pay

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Highlight of my Career

May 10, 2022 - Area Vice President in Port St Lucie, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

At StoneMor from the beginning of my time, I felt valued. I was not a manager hired to fill a void. I was hired because I could contribute. I have been recognized, mentored and supported by our dynamic team at every turn. I feel respected appreciated and empowered to be who I am. This gives me the confidence to be a better leader everyday.

Cons

As the company has made tremendous efforts to restructure and grow, investments in our funeral Homes and rolling stock which is beginning to happen is needed.

3. 5.0

Positive Environment, Positive Growth

May 2, 2022 - Family Service Counselor in Grove City, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many opportunities for one to grow and become great here at StoneMor! The work environment is so positive; everybody helps everybody. It's beautiful to get to know our clients, they kind of become family. It's gives a personal reward/satisfaction getting to help families that are in need during the hardest time of their lives. The pay is great and kind of infinite in the amount you can make.

Cons

It's time consuming and really does take effort so if you're not willing to put the work in, your results aren't going to be as great as they can be.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Very Poor Leadership at the Top

Feb 14, 2022 - Sales Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excessive pay for performance that cannot be sustained much longer. Cash in while you can. Money going out faster than it comes in and bills are not being paid.

Cons

Regional President consistently asked to manager to violate company policy. Constantly asked to lie or cover for bills to major vendors not being paid, and/or leadership's inability to handle tasks. Exampes. Missing Proofs, Missing Merchandise, Water Not being Paid, Concrete supplier not being paid. Telling customers they can have things to get the sale done, and then upper management doesn't follow through to get it done. HR is inconsistent with company policy/protocols (routine witch hunts and false allegations demoralize culture) HR is novice and non-compliant. Outsourcing HR has been recommended.

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0

Great Place to Work

May 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, the work and the locations

Cons

The systems need an upgrade.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

HORRIBLE

May 19, 2022 - Family Service Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are horrible and they discriminated against me. I have a condition that needed reasonable accommodation and I reported it to the boss and he told me that it was not necessary that I would not have any problems. to my surprise a week later they fired me without giving me a reason for the dismissal.

Cons

They are horrible and they discriminated against me.

7. 5.0

The sky is the limit

Apr 28, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Suitland, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great income,Flexible schedule,The enjoyment of assisting others .

Cons

You have to be self motivated. If you want a great income you have to work for it. You are responsible for your own success.

8. 5.0

Family first culture

May 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership cares about the people and is focused on doing the right thing. Very flexible work from home policy.

Cons

Not many people back in office so hard to meet colleagues

9. 3.0

Wonderful purpose

Apr 21, 2022 - Family Service Counselor in Wichita, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honoring the lives people live, whether they are preneed or at need.

Cons

Short handed, company won't pay for secretaries or office assistants at certain locations. Paid either commission or minimum wage, not minimum wage and commission. If you do not meet the sales for the week you get paid 7.25 and hour.

10. 5.0

Company that cares

Apr 25, 2022 - Area Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

After being employed over 25 years. StoneMor had a major impact on my life and my families life. Great work life balance while earning an excellent income

Cons

Not entering this industry earlier

Viewing 1 - 10 of 536 Reviews

StoneMor Reviews FAQs

StoneMor has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 541 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at StoneMor to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, StoneMor employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at StoneMor. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

71% of StoneMor employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated StoneMor 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at StoneMor to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with StoneMor Job Seekers