StoneMor Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Paul Grady

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes there is no upper management but for some people that isn't a bad thing (in 21 reviews)

• Expected to do a ton of work for minimum wage earnings (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company to work for!! If you show them what you can do for them they show you what they could do for you!!"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Richmond, VA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Promotes from within. Great pay structure!!! Being able to help people on the worst day of their lives!! Taking a free company trip every year... just to say Thank you for a job well done!!

Cons

Finding special people that truest care and want to assist families on the worst day of there lives ( a friend in need is a friend indeed).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

StoneMor Response

May 10, 2017 – Human Resources

We appreciate your response! We are happy to hear of your great experience with us at StoneMor Partners.

2. ""Why you should join the best company in this industry""

Current Employee - Area Manager
    Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Top of the line training! Excellent compensation,(commission,bonuses, health benefits & company earned trips) 401K plan.
    Proven industry track record! Your helping someone take care of something that inevitable, and you earn a great income. You will learn hands on how to help people acquire cemetery property/ funeral arrangements. This is a unique "career" and this is something everyone needs, therefor it's recession resistant! It's a great feeling to love what you do for living, and earn well the sky's the limit! There is no better company in the industry to have a "career" with, that will support you!! Apply now and learn about earning what your worth!

Cons

There is no cons, only positives

3. "good"

Former Employee - N/A in Levittown, PA
    Former Employee - N/A in Levittown, PA

I worked at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with many perks and very "homey" feeling company

Cons

Non really. I was looking for higher pay.

4. "Great Place to work"

Pros

Good working hours, set your own salary

Cons

You get a variety of customers

5. "Great Place to Work? Great Work-life Balance!"

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Openness to sharing new ideas, Ability to be a part of the solution, Ability to get involved in many different areas, they promote from within, Excellent Benefits and Compensation. When I came to StoneMor, I was on the 5 year plan and I've been commuting an hour each way for 13+ years now and continue to enjoy it.

Cons

Sometimes it can be stressful but that is every company. Most of the time the work is rewarding. I believe for the most part, employees at StoneMor are happy with their careers and with what StoneMor has to offer.

6. "A real opportunity if you're willing to seize it!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Counselor in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in South Bend, IN

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You actually have the ability to earn 6 figures if you have the drive and able to work smart. This performance based sales position will absolutely pay you what you're worth!! This company is very aggressive and focused on acquisitions. Many opportunities!!!

Cons

Winter sales may require extra effort but the net outcome is always controlled by the individual.

Advice to Management

Stay the course

"30 years in the Cemetery Industry and by far the best corporation I've been a part of."

Current Employee - Area Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Greatest ensemble of people/professionals. A true sales organization from top to bottom! Direct supervisor the best in the industry ! Input / ideas are not only accepted but encouraged!

Cons

None really, just the continuing drive to increase the growth of the organization. A couple of minor changes to the benefit plan could be addressed even though it is currently a very good program.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you've been doing ! Reach out to "the people in the field" for an even better pulse of the marketplace. The innovation shown by new leadership is greatly desired as well as needed. Communication via technology is in process and couldn't come any sooner. Growth through acquisitions is progressing nicely, is always welcome and presents greater opportunities . Promotion from within the Company is the rule and appreciated!

"Great for people who are looking for uncapped earning potential"

Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Suitland, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Suitland, MD

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about the position was being able to earn unlimited amount of commission. You also have 3 weeks paid training and they offer one of the highest commission rates in the death care industry.

Cons

The cons would be having to juggle the work life balance and it may be difficult in the beginning for those who are not used to working longer hours. But the long hours pay off when you meet with the families and are able to help them during their time of need.

Advice to Management

get some updated sales leads, the ones we are using are outdated!

9. "Good company !! Been here a while with a lot of other long term employees - that says it all!"

I have been working at StoneMor (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is run by industry experts who really care about the employees and our customers. Comprehensive and affordable benefits and allows employees to have a good balance between work and home life.
    Great income opportunity for sales people and fast track career pathing into management too!.

Cons

Communications is a challenge but getting better all the time through technology.

Advice to Management

It would be better if the leadership teams have more opportunities to get out to the locations!

10. "Excellent"

Pros

Excellent Co To Work For

Cons

The Hourly Wage Should Be More Considerate