StoneMor Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Paul Grady

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes there is no upper management but for some people that isn't a bad thing (in 21 reviews)

• Expected to do a ton of work for minimum wage earnings (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company to work for!! If you show them what you can do for them they show you what they could do for you!!"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Richmond, VA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Promotes from within. Great pay structure!!! Being able to help people on the worst day of their lives!! Taking a free company trip every year... just to say Thank you for a job well done!!

Cons

Finding special people that truest care and want to assist families on the worst day of there lives ( a friend in need is a friend indeed).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

StoneMor Response

May 10, 2017 – Human Resources

We appreciate your response! We are happy to hear of your great experience with us at StoneMor Partners.

"A company where people are posted in high level jobs for which they donot possess the right background or qualifications"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Levittown, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Levittown, PA

Pros

Growth Potential in the company

Cons

A very depressing industry overall.

Advice to Management

Conduct aptitude tests and place the RIGHT people at the RIGHT place

"Steer clear empty promises"

Current Employee - Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can write your own paycheck is you can keep your manager or other sales rep. from stealing your customers from underneath you.
    It is true the best sales people do not necessitate being the best managers.

Cons

Use of threats as motivation coming from VP down to local level management.
    Team work is non-existent. Encourage pushy sales and praying on the grief of the families, use of guilt and shame are common techniques. If you are willing to put aside integrity and ethics it would be a great place to work. New acquisitions only concern, not supporting staffing.

Advice to Management

Learn management techniques. Remember that people have lives away from work, its not about working 7 days a week,
    Advise to board of directors: reinvest in what you already have, the administrative staff, grounds staff, grounds maintenance, fairer commissions.

"Don't waste your time"

Pros

Traveling and meeting a variety of Families. Travel time also gets you out of the office

Cons

They require you to spend time going thru the file room pulling existing client files who haven't had all their pre-arrangements taken care of and have us calling these families trying to get into their homes to finish the upsell and so on.. Not very professional. They also request Family Advisors to "Prospect" on the cemetary property when family and friends are visiting their deceased loved ones to try to "Upsell" them as well. Very distasteful. Random door knocking is required as well.

Advice to Management

You really need to use different tactics of trying to "sell" or "upsell" people and families. Your ways are very disrespectful as well as distasteful

"Treatment of Employees"

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So far the only pro is that the local people I work for are good, honest people.

Cons

I was lied to by management right from the beginning. Corporates only concern is the bottom line dollar amount taken in by cemetery. They treat their employees horribly. Corporate figures employees are a dime a dozen and could care less about them.

Advice to Management

The bottom line dollar is NOT the only thing that should be important in a company

"The company only cares about money, not employees or customers"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is better than unemployment, JUST BARELY!

Cons

They want you to work like a dog for very little pay or support. customers and staff come in a distant second place to the money. NO support from home office. If you want to advertise you end up paying for it yourself.

Advice to Management

Join the 21st century. calling old files (that have been called 50 times before) to try and get sales is sooooo out of date, classless and rude. Very poor pay for NO company support

"So Sad That Our World Allows This Company To Do Business"

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love being there for the families, a good counselor is the best treatment received by a family. Working with the Funeral Homes, although most talk about the cemetery behind our backs.

Cons

As an employee, it is a disheartening challenge day to day and hour by hour. Over the past 2 years I have seen 32 employees turn over and have had 6 Managers. Only one regional Manager! Thant position never changes? I have never been insulted on a regular basis nor have I worked so hard for NO reward or pay. Seriously harassed, not paid for hours worked and regular threats by the public that are so upset by lies.

Advice to Management

I pray that the Labor Board rips into this company with the KARMA it deserves. I fear for the staff in our cemetery due to broken promises and not providing what has been paid for. I have been cussed, swung at, threatened, blogged and almost ran over with NO support of Management. It is time for employees to come together and give this company what they have given families for years. A nightmare!

"Dysfunctional Work Club Led by Unethical, Incompetent Middle Management in an Oligarchic Industry"

Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Hamilton, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Hamilton, OH

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is the potential to make meaningful contributions to people who want and need someone who can help them make final arrangements.

Cons

The ownership and management are satisfied with mediocrity and outdated business methods; they still market, communicate, sell and service customers like they did decades ago. Company uses it`s market dominance in this oligarchic industry to exploit people and they do not care about anything but short term profit objectives. The obvious corporate strategy is to grow a profitable company for a limited period of time. The long term objective is obvious: "We don`t care about people, truth and improvements because we have short-term goals and objectives." This Company has an arrogant attitude of "privileged" and it abuses it`s power to cover-up many injustices, truths and archaic business practices.
     Unspoken corporate perception of itself: "Size and Might makes us right and you are dispensable".There is a clear attitude that "we don`t need you; but, you need us" This attitude is conveyed to employees and customers. This sense of superiority creates a corporate climate whereby many "shortcuts" and cheap alternatives are instituted because "we can". There is no leadership, no values ,no interest in the intangibles of caring and serving others. Just bottom line sales and numbers. This ignorance and exploitation has a limited and short life span.

Advice to Management

Communicate with customers and employees. You know that there are better ways to relate to people, grow a business and make a profit. Read and learn from the thousands of new companies the past 10 years who treat customers and employees like people whom you care about. Talk to your fired employees. Why such a tremendous turnover?

"Liars, thieves and other shady sales people apply, you'll fit right in and probably rise to the top."

Current Employee - Sales Counselor
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor

I have been working at StoneMor full-time

Pros

Knowing I can provide stability and comfort to families who have just suffered a loss is priceless. The families need someone they count on.

Cons

A sales manager who lies and steals, does not support the sales counselors and takes every advantage to hoard leads.
    Upper management who is obsessed by getting numbers. I get that sales is numbers but people are sales, treat them as such. Salespeople are the bread and butter of any team, treat them as such. Managers should support their teams not lie, cheat and steal to line their own pockets. Mid to upper management does not care about their sales teams, they jump to conclusions and are quick to pass judgment on their staff without ever looking at the whole story. This is a revolving door company and the reasons are all listed in addition to this final fact: the families grief or financial situation better never stand in the way of a sale.

Advice to Management

You ran Alderwood out of business, you ran Lowen Brothers out of business and now the exact same players are ruining this company, the greed and good ole boy attitude is repulsive. There is no honor among thieves, there is no support for sales staff, and their presence in our communities where the employees work and live tarnishes our reputations as community members. Try giving a crap about something other than the all mighty dollar.

"Do not work there"

Pros

You get paid minimum wage

Cons

Discrimination is there motto. These people are thieves who could care less u t

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees unfairly, up the pay, and stop stealing money