StoneMor Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 10, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes there is no upper management but for some people that isn't a bad thing (in 21 reviews)

• Expected to do a ton of work for minimum wage earnings (in 15 reviews)

"A challenging place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at StoneMor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good benefits, just started adding CRM technology, Family planning guide provided to families at no charge is very helpful when somebody passes away. Weekly paychecks

Cons

Where do I begin!! poor upper management, offices facilities are a disaster, cemeteries are not maintained adequately, pricing of products and services are marked up 350%, sales, operations, and maintenance do not work in a cohesive manner and are often butting heads.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees better. More consistency and better oversight in managing all employees. Each cemetery or group of cemeteries should have one GM responsible for overall management of the location.

2. "counselor"

I have been working at StoneMor full-time

Pros

Every thing to succeed is there for you, you have to work for it.

Cons

Very weak manager, can not answer questions.

Advice to Management

Better manager training

"Positive changes ahead"

Current Employee - Management in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is going through long overdue changes that will position us to be more successful in the coming years. It's a very exciting time to be apart of this company. In the time I have been with StoneMor I have found success through the hard work and effort I put forth and have been recognized for my contributions.

Cons

If you don't like change, then this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Continue making these positive changes. Those of us who have been with the company for some time recognize your efforts and how it is changing the company for the better. I would recommend more communication when possible.

4. "Management"

Current Employee - Management in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You cannot beat the work life balance. StoneMor has great, long-term dedicated employees.

Cons

A lot of focus on investors vs employees

Advice to Management

Communication internally needs to be improved.

5. "VP"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stonemor is on the brink of amazing things. Very excited to be part of this organization

Cons

This company is growing and changing

6. "operations manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Norfolk, VA

I worked at StoneMor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

stable company with lots of locations

Cons

death care industry, low pay, high turnover

Advice to Management

treat field people fairly

"Family Sevice Counselor"

I have been working at StoneMor full-time

Pros

Helping families in a time of need is very gratifying. The compensation can be really good if you put in the work. The park manager and team that I work with at my park are great to work with.

Cons

The company fails to recognize the hard work that family service counselors put in while in family service. Although it doesnt happen very often, there can be times that you are completely overwhelmed with burials and work seven days a week but end up taking home a minimum wage paycheck for the week because you didn't have time to make some good followups throughout the week. Family service counselors are the face of the company. As counelors we sit face to face with the families, coordinate with the funeral homes, deal with insurance companies and sometimes lawyers that are appointed executors. There is a lot more to this job than just sales. It would be nice to be compensated for all of the other things we do at work and not just sales. There are times that it feels the company cares more about the shareholders than they do the families it serves or their employees.

Advice to Management

Quit worrying only about the numbers. Try directing some of your attention on the families we serve, the quality of the services we offer and the value of the products we present and the numbers will reflect it. It all goes hand in hand.

StoneMor Response

Mar 1, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear of your positive experience in regards to your work environment! We will take your comments into consideration as we continue to invest in the... More

8. "Some good things are happening."

I worked at StoneMor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Coworkers and excellent benefits.

Cons

Company is going through some difficult challenges but working to address them.

"Discrimination Inc should be the name of this company"

I worked at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful, brand new state of the art office at corporate...integrated modern technology into funeral industry.

Cons

They fire pregnant people, discriminate against women, especially those who breastfeed and they also do not comply with laws, also falsely reported earnings to dividend investors. Company is a mess internally.

Advice to Management

Grow a set of ethics, stop using old outdated business models, embrace what it means to be a decent employer.....when you do those things the quality of your staff will improve, your overall business and profits would improve, especially your reputation which isn't' good on any level, in any market nationwide. You continuing to do things the old ways and mistreatment of employees are hindering your growth and overall business.

"Family Service Counselor"

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor
    Current Employee - Family Service Counselor

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the one job that exists that you are truly helping families. if you're lucky you "get it" and it's a pleasure to serve. There is strong management who expect and trust you to do your job

Cons

If you're a professional, it's a little tough to work around the office slacker/complainer

Advice to Management

ask the complainers to leave. too much important stuff is going on to deal with the people who should not be in this business.

StoneMor Response

Mar 1, 2017 – Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback! We have a vested interest in the long-term fit for all new hires and recognize that it takes a special kind of person who can both empathize with the need for end of... More