StoneMor Employee Reviews about "stonemor"

Updated Dec 1, 2021

Found 60 of over 541 reviews

3.8
StoneMor President and Chief Executive Officer Joe Redling
Joe Redling

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Excellent Benefits(in 25 reviews)
  • "The pay is great and kind of infinite in the amount you can make.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with, genuine and kind.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Great commission when you actually make a sale.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is greatly respected and encouraged, flexible schedule, many office perks, Great management.(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of StoneMor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "stonemor"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Highly Recommend

Dec 1, 2021 - Family Service Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

With my experience so far, Stonemor has been really great. When it came down to having to be absent for a family issue, they were all really good about it. I really love how everyone here genuinely cares not just about employees, but our clients as well. I also like that there is good communication throughout the company.

Cons

To be honest, I don't have any reason to not work here.

2. 4.0

My Personal Review

Oct 27, 2021 - Location Administrator in Akron, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of opportunities for advancement in the company. Continuous support and assistance from GM's and AVP's. There is a genuine camaraderie at each Stonemor location. Teamwork and respect of one another makes it a delight to come to work each day. We have a very good vacation, personal days, & sick day package. Competitive wages. There is a 401K that our employer adds to and medical, vision & dental plans. It is very satisfying knowing that we are helping families on a very personal level. I have been an employee at Stonemor for 6 years and even though some days are more hectic than others I can honestly say that I love my job and I am happy to be a part of the Stonemor Family.

Cons

In my opinion, and my only complaint is the coverage & high price of medical insurance that seems to goes up every year. I also hate the idea of being told that they are mandating the Covid vaccination. I think it is a personal decision. We all worked through the pandemic because we truly are an essential business and now we are being told we MUST get a vaccine. I do not agree with this.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee

RUN Don't Walk AWAY!!!

Oct 4, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Secane, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Feeling of Helping People during their most difficult of times in a small office environment.

Cons

EVERYTHING else. Management favoritism, double standards for women and men, Little, or more often than not, NO TRAINING. Small but ROUGH environment. EXTREMELY cliquish!!!! If you don't fit in immediately move on immediately. If in sales leads won't be passed on and you will not make any money. If Administrative be aware nothing you do will be enough and you certainly aren't getting paid enough for ANY of this! This is a very rough environment and management is not supportive and are often protecting their own behinds so much they think nothing of using anyone and everyone as a victim to throw under the bus as their is no loyalty at StoneMor. Look into how many employee complaints/lawsuits have been filed against this company and you will see I speak the truth.

6 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Beware

Sep 20, 2021 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

None at all none none

Cons

Horrible place sounds like it’s still the same I worked for them for almost 30 years I know stonemor hasn’t been around that long but the same people just different company names really unethical and promise after promise u get tired of all the excuses why they. Can’t give raises they try to be a professional company on a nickle budget unsafe place to work waste of thirty years of my life but it was my own fault should have seen writing on the wall long ago you work somewhere that long you think u would have some kind of good feelings about them I have none and I mean absolutely one do not I repeat do not get involved with this company u are nothing to them

8 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Getting Right What The Competition Does Nor

Aug 2, 2021 - Family Service Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is working hard to become the market leader and home of the premier locations in each market. They empower employees to make decisions and take ownership in the locations, which makes serving families easier, while also creating a great sense of teamwork and creates a great morale across all departments. The pay is also amazing, and that’s coming from the top producer in a market for the largest provider in the country. It’s the difference between making a very high income and actually earning WEALTH if you put in the work.

Cons

Tech is the only area which is lacking, but that is also changing, as the company really has a grasp on how to capitalize on the shortfalls of the current top provider, and will lead to Stonemor becoming the absolute industry standard. Sooo, not really a negative!

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The most love/hate job ever

Aug 1, 2021 - Family Service Counselor in Bensalem, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are ok, and working with families can be very rewarding. The local staff is great.

Cons

Everything else. StoneMor is an awful company. I don't even know where to begin. StoneMor will micromanage every aspect of your life. For one, they provide junk equipment to work with that is not even compatible with their own software, therefore I have had to spend a great deal of money on a new laptop just so I can be a victim of their micro-management. They track every movement you make, both on and off the clock. StoneMor has a policy that does not allow their employees to cross state lines, even on personal time. If you are caught out of state, it is an automatic 14 day suspension. The sales training is elementary, at best. StoneMor will lie to you that you haven't hit budget and demand that you work 7 days a week, sometimes for months on end to be a "telemarketer" although the location has far exceeded budget. The amount of red tape required to get anything done is absolutely out of control. StoneMor has put so much on their administrators that they cannot possibly do their jobs. Over 10% of the work week is spent on Zoom calls with corporate and there are no excuses for missing a meeting, although there may be a family who recently lost a loved one who needs help. The people I work with fight tirelessly for what is right with the families we serve, however, when it comes to StoneMor, they do not care..... shut up and make telemarketing calls.

8 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Excellent Employer

Jan 21, 2021 - Executive Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel that StoneMor truly cares about all of their employees. The company has improved tremendously over the last few years and I am beyond excited to be a part of it. I believe that the culture has become very positive and management really listens to their employees concerns and suggestions.

Cons

I honestly do not have any cons.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great promotion opportunities

Oct 20, 2020 - Sales Manager in North Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stonemor is a wonderful company to work for, they care about their employees and try to hire talent from within when there is an opportunity. This area especially has good leadership in place that recognizes the quality of their team and helps you on a positive career path. It is a rewarding work, that doesn't feel like work.

Cons

I enjoy and have enjoyed the time I have worked here, I can honestly say that nothing is bad enough to mention and I look forward to working here for a long time.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Moving in the right direction

Oct 12, 2020 - Location Manager in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stonemor has developed a Team mentality approach. This is something that I have seen change over the past 2 years. Prior to that it was very difficult to feel like a team player. However, the company has made many changes over the past couple of years that has really impacted the way things work. Things have become much more streamlined and I truly believe that I have been able to see many positive changes take place.

Cons

There are still adjustments being made but overall this is a great company to work for.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

The Best Kept Secret

Sep 8, 2020 - AVP-Sales in North East, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive Culture and supportive management team! The company has been through a lot of changes the last few years and they were handled with the utmost respect, these changes have had a very positive effect on the trajectory of the company that I continue to be proud to work for! Stonemor has also handled the pandemic greatly with ensuring the associates and the families we serve all have PPE & sanitizing supplies. Anyone looking into Stonemor as an employer, you will be joining a winning organization!

Cons

None at this time, there was a time that the financial position of the company was unsettling, however with the current leadership and restructure the company is on the right path and I feel as confident as ever!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Reviews