Stonebridge Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Stonebridge Companies President and CEO Navin Dimond
Navin Dimond

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • HR department is the most unprofessional department in the corporate office (in 9 reviews)

• They provide the least amount of training to General Managers (in 7 reviews)

1. "Growing Hotel Management company"

Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Stonebridge Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked for Stonebridge for a total of 8 years with a short break in the middle (hotel management gets very draining). Through that time, the company grew from managing around 25 hotels to over 50 hotels, which provided great opportunity for promotions and experience. Loved the improvements in corporate systems over the years, the increasingly better senior managers and overall direction the company is taking.

Cons

Due to the rapid growth, performance was demanding. Considerable amount of reporting to corporate sometimes got in the way of working with hotel guests. Metrics were initially biased toward revenues, not service but in recent years, there has been a significant change toward service first, which results in improved revenues.

Advice to Management

Be careful to promote within whenever possible as this is a prime motivating factor for associates.

2. "Director of Sales"

I have been working at Stonebridge Companies full-time

Pros

Work environment, great hotel team, great support team from corporate offices

Cons

The drive from Anaheim.
    One person sales team.

3. "growing company that is doing the right thing by their employees"

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Stonebridge Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the corporate hotel initiatives are aspiring to give top noch service to their employees, GMs seem to care more, benefits have changed for the better, they are trying to do more with less. and then do some better

Cons

hotel employees don't see the positive changes, they need more communication on what is going on at the top, so they can appreciate what is really going on, the changes are there, we just dont no about it

Advice to Management

show more support to our gm, and let us see you people from corp. that make all the changes on our behalf

4. "This is the best!!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Stonebridge Companies full-time

Pros

I have been here for 3 years and it has been a wonderful experience. I have received a few internal promotions and been a part of over 8 internal promotions for others . They care about their associates and the assets .

Cons

Possibly that we have had a few people leave us , but change is always good

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

5. "Class act"

I have been working at Stonebridge Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, brand discounts, work-life balance, excellent facilities, gives back to community- strong culture and values

Cons

No current Cons to mention

Advice to Management

Continue to support sustainable growth and to adapt to ever changing employment market in order to reamain competitive.

6. "Evolution"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Stonebridge Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Stonebridge for many years and am thrilled with the exciting direction we are heading! I began at the front desk and made my way up through operations management and finally into the corporate office. Through any downturns in the economy and challenges I've faced, they never lost faith in me and my abilities. I've been fortunate to have great leaders who continue to inspire me and invest in my professional evolution. Development of talent is a priority within and I am certainly proof of that. I believe in the core vision of our company and strive to ensure this is evident in all we do. If you haven't experienced Stonebridge, now's the time...

Cons

Any concerns were addressed with the associate opinion survey.

Advice to Management

Lead from the pillars, share our story, and live our values.

7. "Not bad, not great"

I worked at Stonebridge Companies part-time

Pros

The food, coworkers, and location were good.

Cons

The management and pay could have been better.

"Worst hospitality company ever"

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in Denver, CO

I worked at Stonebridge Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros. Terrible management from corporate to property level.

Cons

Unprofessional, unethical, unqualified management, lack of available capital to fix problem areas (it goes to the owner's pocket instead), poor wages for market, poor benefits, high turnover. Corporate encourages management to post favorable reviews on here because their rating was so low. Started an offshoot company, under another name, to disassociate from the Stonebridge name. Stonebridge is the least respected name of all hotel management companies. It's a laughing stock to other companies.

Advice to Management

Any advice would fall upon deaf ears.

"Beware!"

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Stonebridge Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New technology for reporting and budgeting
    Employee discounts for restaurants/hotel stays

Cons

My experience with Stonebridge was EXTREMELY disappointing. I was sold on the message of the company going in a new direction, with a focus on training, internal opportunity for candidates, and employee retention, but I quickly realized this was not the case.
    I received no training, my General Managers on property were inadequately experienced/trained to lead a hotel, and there was a constant turn over of above property leadership. The message coming from the corporate office is never consistent, and there is no feedback given for how to advance within the company. There are a few people in senior leadership roles who are trying to turn the ship, but the support isn't there from top leadership to allow the company to move in a positive direction
    Pay was significantly less than what would be comparable at other area hotels.
    Expense checks consistently take 6-8 weeks to be paid after submittal
    Little to no appreciation is shown to employees, even when their performance far exceeds expectations

Advice to Management

Get everyone in the corporate on the same page regarding what message is being delivered to the field, and be the example of the direction the company says it's going in.
    Pay expense checks in a timely manner!!!
    Hire people with appropriate experience, or provide necessary training for those promoted into first time roles

"Decent"

Former Employee - Catering Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Catering Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Stonebridge Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not a lot of turnover, they do a good job of keeping employees once you get over the 1st year

Cons

Benefit package not competitive
    Antiquated IT sand reporting systems