Found 3,537 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Had this job while in high school and undergrad where they had very flexible hours for me." (in 224 reviews)
- "Nicejob easy and nice people" (in 170 reviews)
- "Great atmosphere and coworkers." (in 165 reviews)
- "Being part of a union was nice and the 1.5x's pay on sundays was a good benefit" (in 151 reviews)
- "Paid weekly and flexible schedule" (in 88 reviews)
- "poor management and hr system" (in 289 reviews)
- "The pay is low and your hours can be all over the place and that means definitley working weekends" (in 256 reviews)
- "If the store manager or assistant managers don't like you then be prepared to get screwed daily." (in 139 reviews)
- "Definitely would be minimum wage" (in 48 reviews)
- "Upper management is terrible at their job" (in 46 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Stop & Shop and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Nov 28, 2023Front End CashierCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNewington, CT
Coworkers always tend to be good people in a similar situation as you, and the good customers are always a highlight of the shift.
Management repeatedly fails to follow the availability you provide (even if it was from the very beginning, when you took the job) and puts the responsibility for handling it on you.
- 4.0Nov 26, 2023Front End ClerkCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDumont, NJ
Each day is a learning opportunity(customer interactions, managing stress and multitasking) , recommend for highschoolers and college students, looks good on a resume, coworkers are friendly.
Can be stressful, minimum wage, no pay raise as you take on new responsibilities.
- 3.0Nov 28, 2023Personal ShopperCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsUnionville, CT
nice employees to work with, decent pay
hard to work around school schedule, work you a lot of hours
- 3.0Nov 9, 2023AssociateCurrent Employee
Great people, keeps you busy, flexible hours.
Management can be stressful at times. Depending on your department you may feel pressured or overwhelmed at times.
- 4.0Oct 20, 2023Deli ClerkCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearRocky Point, NY
Flexible schedule, managers work with you if you show them that you are reliable, i.e. come to work on time when you are scheduled. The deli is a smaller department with approximately 20 people, overall most of us work as a team. Each person has primary tasks and has some freedom to do other things that need to be done. Not a fun environment but overall good working environment.
Small department so personalities will clash sometimes. Often not enough people on a shift due to sick calls or “no-shows”. It’s a union shop so getting a full time position is difficult and goes by seniority.
- 3.0Sep 12, 2023Customer Sevice SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCumberland, RI
Request days off Works around your schedule if you're in school or have another job Coworkers are decent Time and a half (if your lucky to be under the old contract) Union
Management doesn't communicate effectively Time and a half for newer employees isn't given til after your third year working. They don't offer full time.employment often. They cut hours all the time, then complain and call you in on your days off They underpay and overwork consistently Customers can be downright rude Supervisors don't help often. You have to pay an invitation fee to get into the union dues ( you pay 250- you get 50 refunded after you go to an annual meeting for the first time, which is never conveniently anywhere near you, especially if you depend on public transportation. )
Stop & Shop Reviews FAQs
Stop & Shop has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 3,634 reviews left anonymously by employees. 44% of employees would recommend working at Stop & Shop to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
44% of Stop & Shop employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Stop & Shop 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.