StorageCraft Reviews | Glassdoor

2.1
Matt Medeiros

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • People are now doing 2 or 3 times more work since ta associates purchased the company to squeeze out every last dollar of profit (in 7 reviews)

• No career path to move up in the company (in 4 reviews)

1. "good team members and tech"

I worked at StorageCraft full-time

Pros

great technology and team members

Cons

changing environment can be difficult

"You're losing the best thing you have going for you... (employees)"

I worked at StorageCraft full-time

Pros

* HR really does make an effort to connect with and advocate for their employees.
    * Waffle Wednesdays
    * Mid management is awesome. They let you do what you need in your personal life, so long as the work gets done in your work life.
    * Free Gym on the first floor to all employees

Cons

* First time I heard the new CEO speak to the company he said (regarding StorageCraft being bought by TA and new leadership taking over), "No one should worry about their position within the company. Everyone has a place at StorageCraft". Within weeks and continuing on a regular basis for the next 2.5 years they laid off dozens. It was hard to keep track of who they let go and who left because of declining opinion of upper management.
    * Every all hands meeting spends a great deal of time focusing on the company's financial goals and why we didn't meet them.
    * Upper Management claims to love to listen, hates to act
    * I was holding the responsibilities of 6 full time positions. Was spread way too thin.

Advice to Management

* Running a company is not all about making money. Lowering headcount and keeping the same expectation of finishing tasks on time only puts additional weight and pressure on the existing employees. This is not the pressure that "defines a person and makes a better (wo)man". This is the pressure that negatively affects peoples personal lives, and pushes good people to accept a better job elsewhere; as I have.

"A Train Wreck Company"

I have been working at StorageCraft full-time

Pros

We used to occupy 3 floors, with plans to occupy the entire building. Those were better times. Now we have 1 floor.

Cons

So many people have either left StorageCraft on their own or have been laid off. Innovation has all but stopped. Seems the only ones left anymore are those who can’t go anywhere else. The company is full of cliques, clubs, nepotism, and incompetence from so many who are completely unqualified to fill their roles. Sales is a mess and nobody is ever held accountable at management levels for missing their goals. Rank-and-file employees are held accountable, but management is never held accountable.

Advice to Management

Sell, assuming you can find a buyer. Most employees have given up anyway. You don’t want to be here, that much is obvious.

"Break Area Best Quality"

Pros

When the building and break room areas are the most positive qualities 4 out of 5 people highlight when posting Pros about StorageCraft, you know you have a big problem.

Cons

Sure, there are a lot of negative comments about management. Some may have merit but the fact of the matter is StorageCraft has always had incompetent management. The original founders were clueless. They were never qualified for a second to fill the high-paying roles they gave themselves. As a result, they surrounded themselves with sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and other incompetent people who lived in their circle. Many of these same people who sit in management positions today are still at StorageCraft, equally ill-qualified to fill their roles. Employees of any real talent or industry experience outside the circle have long since come and left. TA is trying to run the company at the speed at which high-tech companies need to operate in order to be successful. StorageCraft as a whole doesn’t have the slightest clue how to do that.

Advice to Management

Punt

"Was great, now questionable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I worked at StorageCraft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Initially a great company, good salary and benefits.

Cons

Company bought and new CEO bringing in his own people, some from bankrupt companies. Now struggling and getting rid of good people.

"Leaving Any Day"

Current Employee - Employee in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at StorageCraft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented Employees (until they get laid off). Stocked break room. Clean women's bathroom. Nice building/decor. Plenty of parking. Great location semi close to some nice eateries and IKEA :)

Cons

Company was acquired by TA Associates about 18 months ago and as you can see from the ratings graph we've been steadily declining to the point where I'm sure anyone who looks us up on Glassdoor will run. Since the TA takeover, Most employees are doing the work of about Three or four full-time employees. Moral is low and MGMT seems clueless as to how to fix it. They tried offering stress classes and massages but most scoffed at it. Most employees I chat with WANT TO LEAVE as well but have families to support so they need something else in place first. The new "renta management" team only cares about numbers and employees are not valued at all. Over the last 18 months they have laid off some of the best talent here, and instead of expanding to the lower two floors, like originally planned, we've been forced to consolidate into the 3rd and fourth floors and rent the 5th, 2nd and 1st!! (yes that's a lovely rental sign on our 5th floor outside window). we are struggling and word is clearly getting out because the newer employees aren't as highly skilled and qualified. I wish I had good things to say but this company seems like it's in a downward spiral and it's inevitably going to crash hard.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and realize how unhappy they are. MGMT is completely disconnected from us. Act like you give a d@mn about us!

7. "A decent company"

I worked at StorageCraft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. You have autonomy doing your job and management listens if you need anything. You have the freedom to pursue new projects and work on the things that you like. New middle management they brought in is the good kind.

Cons

The company was acquired and has been going through some tough changes, but the situation will sort itself out one way or another.

Advice to Management

The Exablox crowd was an excellent addition. Communication from top down could be better.

8. "Great company"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at StorageCraft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome team members and supportive managers.

Cons

Company needs to spend more on market development.

"Good company to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I worked at StorageCraft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Thoughtful, professional co-workers throughout the company.

Cons

Becoming a lot more "corporate" but cannot be helped as the company grows.

"If You Can Work Anywhere Else - Do."

I worked at StorageCraft full-time

Pros

- Lasting friendships with gifted peers
    - Quality of collaboration with a few specific work groups
    - Dedication and skill of my immediate teammates

Cons

- Complete lack of authentic company culture or core values
    - Employee focus (except for tiny inner circle) is a last-resort afterthought
    - Terminal short-term thinking resistant to any real process improvement

Advice to Management

This is the sad part. Management is IMMUNE to any good advice, especially from employees who are closest to revenue producing activities. Reactive acquisitions that only benefit a handful of former cronies will not save an ill-conceived and doomed market strategy that has no basis in true customer feedback. Stop promoting/rewarding repeat losers while your real brain trust leaves in droves.