StorageCraft Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Matt Medeiros

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No career path to move up in the company (in 4 reviews)

• People are now doing 2 or 3 times more work since ta associates purchased the company to squeeze out every last dollar of profit (in 6 reviews)

1. "Making the right moves"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer

Pros

Good strategy, new growth expectations and backing up with right tactical moves.

Cons

Keep the progress going to get to the next level of success. Success breeds success.

Advice to Management

Manage change but keep the skis forward, no other way.

2. "Great atmosphere"

I worked at StorageCraft full-time

Pros

Really fun place to work

Cons

A lot of know-it-alls which makes it hard to feel like you opinion matters

"Great place to work!"

Pros

StorageCraft is an up and coming company with a bright future. There are a lot of exciting new changes coming about and it's exciting to be part of it.

Cons

There are a few people who complain about the new management. I suppose it's because they feel some uncertainty about the new changes. If you work hard to make the company better, you don't have much to worry about.

"Very Good and Getting Better"

Current Employee - Mid Management in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Mid Management in Draper, UT

I have been working at StorageCraft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive Pay
    Excellent Benefits
    Great Opportunities for those who are willing to be accountable for their work and actions
    Great Location and Facilities
    Great Tech

Cons

There are still some employees within the company who got used to the old regime, where no one was accountable. Some of them view the new standards of accountability as 'management by fear'. This vocal minority, who are afraid of accountability, tend to have a 'wet blanket' effect on parts of the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold people accountable and continue to change the company culture to one of accountability, responsibility and respect. It's working well so far and the vast majority of us are behind you.

"Human Resource Representative"

I worked at StorageCraft full-time

Pros

Fantastic people and great culture. Storagecraft will continue to grow exponentially as they seek to provide the highest quality data backup & recovery software.

Cons

Growing pains. Experienced their first layoffs in February.

"Best place I ever worked"

Former Employee - I Worked Tech Support in West Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - I Worked Tech Support in West Jordan, UT

I worked at StorageCraft (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ceo cares about every employee

Cons

small raises only 3 percent per year.

Advice to Management

Make it easier to move up the ladder

"Awesome Company, Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at StorageCraft full-time

Pros

StorageCraft is a great place for minds to come together to just plain work and get things done. I really appreciate the family-oriented atmosphere and flexibility to work around such things as education and family life. Management puts a lot of emphasis on learning continually, which as an IT professional is VERY much appreciated. They have an amazing software suite which I love to work with and everybody is happy and pleasing to work with.

Cons

There are few things that I do not like about StorageCraft, and those are personal quibbles that come up in any job.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing, because it's working wonderfully!

"StorageCraft is a great company!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Draper, UT

I have been working at StorageCraft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SorageCraft has a fun working environment and treats their employees with respect. They pay well and do everything they can to help their employees succeed.

Cons

I don't have any complaints, but I would like to see some of the departments working together a little more.

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at StorageCraft full-time

Pros

I relocated to Utah to go to work for StorageCraft. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company due to the way the company treats its employees. The benefits are good, but also, the company respects its employees and has created a family friendly atmosphere. Another bonus is that living in Utah has been a blast: low crime, good schools, great weather and friendly people. Going to work at StorageCraft has been the best career move that I have ever made.

Cons

The negatives are related to work processes, which are usually corrected as time passes. The company is expanding and bumps in the road are to be expected.

"Employment at StorageCraft"

Current Employee - Marketing in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing in Draper, UT

I have been working at StorageCraft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health and vacation benefits are great and wages are more than satisfactory. Basic benefits aside, StorageCraft is a great company to work for. There are many opportunities for advancement, and nearly unlimited opportunities for growth and education. Managers and top-level executives are supportive of employees at all levels and work hard to mentor them and see them advance in their roles. I've felt trusted and cared for while I've been here.

Cons

I'm a huge proponent of over-communication. It's useful to know what everybody is doing, not just in my own department, but in any others. I think that like many organizations, interdepartmental communication can, at times, be rather difficult. I think more communication and transparency between executives might create better communication habits from the top down.

Advice to Management

I think it's easy for some to forget that we're at the same company working toward the same goals, and I think communication could be improved. I'd suggest finding ways to foster communication between departments and employees in general. This sounds super cheesy, but we're all driven and motivated and do our jobs well, but when we work closely and at cross-purposes, we achieve more.