StoredIQ Reviews | Glassdoor

StoredIQ Reviews

3.5
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A really good company with some really good people"

Current Employee - Technical & Customer Support Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical & Customer Support Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at StoredIQ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I considered this a great place to work. There were a lot of incredibly smart folks to work with and learn from.

Cons

The main challenge was the disconnect between the employees and the executive staff. There also wasn't enough communication between the technical team and the sales team so, many times, sales were closed with the promise of non-existent features that would then have to be "built into the product" at the last minute.

Advice to Management

This company was acquired by IBM, so I suspect that things will change quite a bit from how it used to be run.

2. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at StoredIQ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a lot of autonomy. If you have a solid reason for something new then it's fairly easy to get the support for it.

Everyone is very open so if you have questions you can chat them or just walk over and talk to them.

Something I really like is the flexible hours. Depending on your location the IBM campus can be a long commute but you can reasonable choose your work hours to beat traffic. Working from home on an as needed bases is also fairly common.

The management at least the original StoredIQ management is really good. I'm not saying the IBM management isn't good just that I work mostly with StoredIQ management.

StoredIQ has been dominating IBM sales so we get a lot of freedom to do what works and help transform traditional IBM processes. From IBM's perspective you're still just a number, but a prime number at least.

Cons

Since being acquired by IBM the development process has slowed a bit and technical debt get less consideration. I think that's comes more from IBM wanting to make money on features rather than investing in a rock solid product.

A lot of the software is home grown which can make ramp up for a new developers a bit challenging. It's still generally python and javascript so if you have solid skills in either of those areas it's just a matter of learning conventions.

Advice to Management

Technical debt should get more priority when planning for new releases.

3. "Interesting work, company doing soul searching"

Former Employee - Software Architect in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Architect in Austin, TX

I worked at StoredIQ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good engineers. Pretty interesting work for software developers. Competitive compensation. Development team is quickly responding to changing business priorities.

Cons

Lack of clear long term strategy and vision for the company. The company was doing some soul searching. Senior management was a bit disconnected with the employees.

Advice to Management

Get a clear vision for company future. Foster culture of innovation.

4. "Great peers, bad policies"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at StoredIQ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool technology with a small team of smart people.

Cons

very little PTO. frequent deadlines. Upper management did not have a sustainable long term plan.

5. "It provided a paycheck, but nothing exciting."

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

Pros

Great market potential. Customer's clearly have problems that need addressed.

Cons

Lack of focus. Stop trying to defend past decisions that don't hold up to customer requests.

Advice to Management

Stop working on features that customers don't seem to care about.