Cover image for Stout

Found 164 of over 192 reviews

4.2
Stout CEO Craige L. Stout
Craige L. Stout

What people are saying about Stout

Join the conversation on

Confession

1m

a

Product Manager

I tried a stout for the first time tonight after wanting to try one for a while, and I didn't care much for it... 5-10 sips in, I poured the rest of the pint down the drain. Euugh. Good learning experience though - most of the beers I've tried in the past are refreshing, but this one had a darker and warmer quality to it. Interesting, just not what I expected when I was told it would taste like chocolate, caramel, and mocha lol.

22 Comments

Finance

108.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Stout~101810
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Stout Employment

Nov 29, 2022 - Senior Vice President in Royal Oak, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and awesome culture. Work from home.

Cons

Need to be able to meet client demands quickly.

2. 5.0

TA

Nov 16, 2022 - Recruiting Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to a lot of different things

Cons

Organizational issues operationally speaking. could use help.

3. Join the Stout team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Lots of turnover

Nov 29, 2022 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is great and an opportunity to be staffed on very interesting client work

Cons

I've observed lots of turnover, in my opinion due to Management issues. Hours are not great for the pay you get.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience. Poor Pay

Nov 22, 2022 - Business Valuation Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning experience. Great understanding of models, but you will have to learn yourself. No one is willing to tech or coach

Cons

Pay is below market levels. Reasons for high turnover at lower analyst levels.

6. 5.0

Great company

Nov 3, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

There are no downsides to this company

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Nov 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, culture, and awesome CEO who really cares about the company

Cons

Pay is on the lower side. A relatively flat organization with an unclear path to leadership

8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Nov 7, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company, manageable schedule, decent comp

Cons

The work becomes very repetitive

9. 2.0

Not the greatest

Oct 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work arrangement Good people Encouraged to spend firm’s money with meaningful activities (ie attending social networking events, designations, etc)

Cons

Bad WLB - long hours make it easy to get burnt out, need to be available at all times of the day and evenings for meetings The holidays they offer are dismal, compounding burnout. Only 1 day off for Christmas - you can request time off during the holiday but it builds upon the time off you’ve already requested, and although there is “unlimited” PTO, it’s never truly unlimited. Other competitors grant a couple of weeks off during the year in addition to their unlimited PTO Comp could be better - not as competitive as others You’ll receive unexpected call from your managers

Stout Response

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. As a People First culture, our employees’ work/life balance is important to us. We encourage everyone to utilize the Discretionary Time Off program and have implemented additional days off the past couple years to allow our employees more time to unplug and relax. Our Total Rewards team continuously reviews and evaluates our benefit offerings while also utilizing anonymous surveys to ensure that we accommodate our employees' needs. We invite anyone with concerns about their time off to express those concerns to their manager or HR Business Partner.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very Caring Firm!!!!

Oct 10, 2022 - ESOP Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is super sweet in this office and compared to the culture of other finance firms, this firm is chill but everyone works a lot. I honestly love everyone I work with and they are super accomodating. I have the sweetest manager ever!!!

Cons

It is finance so you have to work a lot there could be better benefits elsewhere

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company looking to grow

Oct 2, 2022 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and leadership at Stout.

Cons

Growth has brought more requirements around results.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 164 Reviews
</>Embed

Stout Reviews FAQs

Stout has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 192 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Stout to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Stout employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Stout. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

83% of Stout employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Stout 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Stout to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, compensation.

Popular Careers with Stout Job Seekers