StratMar Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ethan Charas

1. "Great way to make MONEY!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at StratMar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid training; I learned how to sell Xfinity products for Comcast. Even got an iPad to show customers how to bundle products. Hourly rate PLUS commission!!!

Cons

You have to be comfortable talking to people, putting yourself out there.

Advice to Management

Keep training going so I can keep getting better.

2. "Sales associate"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours good for college students

Cons

no 401k to help your retirement

Advice to Management

could offer more benefits to its employees

"Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at StratMar part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like working at the airport and meeting new people, the job was easy if you enjoy talking to people, no day is the same, but most day sales were okay

Cons

Cons was the managers were were very unprofessional, I started working in April and out of nowhere with out any warning we were all let go two weeks before Christmas, in the 8 month's of employment we had 6 managers. I had never been part of a team managers come and go with in a month time some didn't stay a week at one time we even operate with no manger. I see positive reviews I wish I could say the same. But the managers at this location did not get alone which spill over to the team which cause conflict and made it uncomfortable work place, midway Chicago , this most likely will not be posted because it's the truth

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed and love my job I was at work everyday and on time but because we could keep manager or a team which cause our sales to drop which lead to determation of our jobs was very unprofessional next work for company that was unable to see the problem within, top managers sat in there corporate office with the lack of communication with there team and showed no remorse for termination of our jobs, I read this quote somewhere bad managers are the cause of good employees not to succeed in there job, to man managers and no leadership

"National Sales Manager"

Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at StratMar (More than 8 years)

Pros

Provides an excellent opportunity to be invocative, open- minded and making an extremely exciting work environment . The company is fair and balanced in very aspect while always looking to take of every employee. Fosters a realistic and exciting keep it real team work atmosphere.

Cons

No real cons to mention as the work environment is extremely sound in every way....

"BLIND LEADING THE BLIND"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Quick hiring process. You can network with hundreds of airport customers and employees to find a better job.

Cons

No real management, training or commission structure. No one there seems to know how to run this company. Employees are not properly compensated for hours worked or sales made.

Advice to Management

Start over and put people in place who actually know how to run this company. Set proper expectations about the company. Add a training class or two. Come up with a real commission structure so that employees can track their own payout and not just take what you feel like paying.

StratMar Response

Feb 6, 2017 – Executive/Owner

"This is a face to face, active selling opportunity in a high volume retail environment. StratMar provides every Sales Representative fully-paid training sessions. They are compensated with a ... More

"APPALLED!!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Retail Sales in Newark, NJ

I have been working at StratMar part-time

Pros

You can make some chump change. Occasionally you'll hear good job.

Cons

When you are first hired you are given this big wonderful picture of sooooo many opportunities to make a lot of money and career growth. What a BIG jOKE! You are Used USED USED with no rewards or appreciation. Management doesn't care about their employees only to make goal so they can fatten their own pockets. Consistent callouts, people always late and doing what they want to do with whether mngnt is there or not. Mngnt in the airport and upper management are all shady and cannot be trusted. You cannot trust them with your personal info or they talk about you behind your back. You cannot speak up if you're unhappy because fear of a target being on your back.

Advice to Management

To Upper management find out what really is going on at EWR vs what the in airport management wants you to see. You will lose a lot more reps and wonder why. People are scared to speak up because of the manager. She will twist everything around to make it looks like you're at fault.

StratMar Response

Feb 6, 2017 – Executive/Owner

"credit card specialist"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at StratMar part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting your required quotes you can make money, you got to love the people to work here.

Cons

Pay should be more, there is a lot of standing rough on your back, not enough staff to give you your required breaks. Kiosks are always dark due to staff not being there. When management not there employee seem to do what ever they want.

Advice to Management

Managers are responsible to cover any absent on a shift properly not the employees. A manager should be on duty in the morning and one for evening shift to make sure goals are meet. Be an example before you are the problem. Staff do what they want when in fact no supervision. Train properly and you can eliminate absentee and goal will be meet. Not properly train can end up with high turn over and dark kiosks. Give increase to full time employees but that right, there are none at the moment due to lack of pay. How you going to offer employees a new position with the same pay no raised but health care. Nice but there are all kind of healthcare available raised will be better.

"Area Sales Manager"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at StratMar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good first management job for anyone in sales. Good experience with dedicated senior management staff. Great support when dealing with client. Very supportive when you have time off request

Cons

Inconsistent work. Client challenges prohibit team growth. Some markets have been abandoned due to poor client forecast. Performance management is mandated for underperforming reps regardless of client involvement

Advice to Management

Be more discerning when selecting new markets to enter and grow slowly instead of quickly.
    Do not hire sales staff and then not provide equitable time to learn position only to performance manage too soon.

"Slavery"

I have been working at StratMar part-time

Pros

You get to meet a lot of people al over the world.

Cons

Work at the Newark/Liberty airport the hourly pay sucks with no raises. The bonuses are so so even if you make a lot of sells. The commission sucks. You are treated as slaves to make quota in order to beat other airports in a competition each day but there are NO REWARDS or monthly incentives to show how much they appreciate you. Forget the sporatic contests. Reward your team members for the hard work they are doing each day. You get demeaning messages we need apps push push push, come on let's go, this is unacceptable messages. It's very discouraging and not helpful at all. Not a fun place to work because of this regardless of the lil chump change we do make.

Advice to Management

Stop treating us like slaves to fatten your pockets with bonuses made off of our blood sweat and tears each month. Where are the monthly accentives for being the top airport for almost 7 months?? Broken promises always and no follow through. Get it together!

11. "Great Company!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at StratMar part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at with Stratmar for bout 6 months and each day I love coming to work. It's a very motivating environment and the Team works together. Management is always hands on and provides us with great leadership. The earning potential is fantastic and you can basically set your own hourly wage. Senior Management is always available to all staff members. Stratmar is a Company that really cares for all its Employees.

Cons

I have no complaints at all

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work