StratMar Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 29, 2017

1.0
Ethan Charas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good experience with dedicated senior management staff (in 2 reviews)

• The job itself is energetic and fun, everyone works together and it is a very motivating environment (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Mngnt in the airport and upper management are all shady and cannot be trusted (in 4 reviews)

• The bonuses are so so even if you make a lot of sells (in 2 reviews)

"Horrible Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at StratMar (More than a year)

Pros

Not many pros with this company.

Cons

Not much strategy
    Poor compensation
    Poor Management
    Saturated enviorments

Advice to Management

Please do not fire people through text message

Sep 5, 2017 – Recruiter

2. "Manager"

I worked at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience in sales.

Cons

No growth, glass ceiling for minorities and women. Overall horrible company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your managers, instead of getting advice from corporate people that don't have to obtain quotas. The people in the field have valuable insight.

Sep 5, 2017 – Recruiter

StratMar prides ourselves on hiring the best Sales Managers to ensure the employees have 100% support all the time. We are an equal opportunity employer who provides full-training, a guaranteed... More

"BLIND LEADING THE BLIND"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Quick hiring process. You can network with hundreds of airport customers and employees to find a better job.

Cons

No real management, training or commission structure. No one there seems to know how to run this company. Employees are not properly compensated for hours worked or sales made.

Advice to Management

Start over and put people in place who actually know how to run this company. Set proper expectations about the company. Add a training class or two. Come up with a real commission structure so that employees can track their own payout and not just take what you feel like paying.

Feb 6, 2017 – Executive/Owner

"This is a face to face, active selling opportunity in a high volume retail environment. StratMar provides every Sales Representative fully-paid training sessions. They are compensated with a... More

"APPALLED!!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Retail Sales in Newark, NJ

I have been working at StratMar part-time

Pros

You can make some chump change. Occasionally you'll hear good job.

Cons

When you are first hired you are given this big wonderful picture of sooooo many opportunities to make a lot of money and career growth. What a BIG jOKE! You are Used USED USED with no rewards or appreciation. Management doesn't care about their employees only to make goal so they can fatten their own pockets. Consistent callouts, people always late and doing what they want to do with whether mngnt is there or not. Mngnt in the airport and upper management are all shady and cannot be trusted. You cannot trust them with your personal info or they talk about you behind your back. You cannot speak up if you're unhappy because fear of a target being on your back.

Advice to Management

To Upper management find out what really is going on at EWR vs what the in airport management wants you to see. You will lose a lot more reps and wonder why. People are scared to speak up because of the manager. She will twist everything around to make it looks like you're at fault.

Feb 6, 2017 – Executive/Owner

"Slavery"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at StratMar part-time

Pros

You get to meet a lot of people al over the world.

Cons

Work at the Newark/Liberty airport the hourly pay sucks with no raises. The bonuses are so so even if you make a lot of sells. The commission sucks. You are treated as slaves to make quota in order to beat other airports in a competition each day but there are NO REWARDS or monthly incentives to show how much they appreciate you. Forget the sporatic contests. Reward your team members for the hard work they are doing each day. You get demeaning messages we need apps push push push, come on let's go, this is unacceptable messages. It's very discouraging and not helpful at all. Not a fun place to work because of this regardless of the lil chump change we do make.

Advice to Management

Stop treating us like slaves to fatten your pockets with bonuses made off of our blood sweat and tears each month. Where are the monthly accentives for being the top airport for almost 7 months?? Broken promises always and no follow through. Get it together!

6. "TERRIBLE!!"

Pros

Interaction with airport passengers. That's it

Cons

Everything else. Absolutely zero structure.

Advice to Management

Get it together

"Awful company, awful top management, HR nightmare waiting to happen"

Former Employee - Sale Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sale Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at StratMar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to really create your own paycheck and it is very cool to work in an airport and meet all sorts of people there

Cons

Where to begin...I had 3 managers in the time since I started -- two were fired out of the blue (literally, they were there one day and gone the next, they had no idea they were being fired. Stratmar knew before hand of course because they immediately had a replacement in there the next day) no specific reason given. I guess top management didn't like them. Third one left before he could be suddenly fired, as well.

Very big lack of proper training, you are pretty much given some legal stuff to read and sign your first day protecting the company from a legal standpoint and then thrown out onto the sales floor. One of the documents I think you sign is one that says you can be fired at any moment at their discretion -- so go figure. I guess this is to cover their legal backside.

No respect, no valuing of employees -- literally there for about a year and one of the top management comes in after the last manager leaves and simply dismisses me from company literally because he can. It seems they are very fond of just getting rid of people "just because." And if you are not up to their specific standards or you are not getting enough apps, you're treated poorly. They keep changing the rules constantly, and I mean constantly. Every day I would come in there is something new they want to change from a legal standpoint. They don't try to help you or train you more on it... they have an "everyone can be replaced" mentality. No appreciation for long-term or loyal employees, none at all, which made it kind of scary to work for this company after a while. I helped them out doing a lot of early and late shifts when other employees had quit, but all of that was a wash once they replaced them, they just don't care.

Upper management tried to forcibly take my airport badge from me, which I think is illegal because they do not own the badge at all, it belongs to the airport system. It made me very uncomfortable how much pressure this upper management guy gave me to leave the job -- he was literally raising his voice in the airport when I questioned him about why he was forcing me to leave and give up my badge. He couldn't believe that I was questioning him, in all his "I'm top management" glory. He seriously wouldn't let me speak, kept interrupting what I was saying. It was actually a very scary and uncomfortable experience -- something I want to report to their company's HR, although I doubt they would care. It had me wanting to get far far away from him and the company he represents.

In the end, I just turned it in myself because I knew I could never go back to this company anyways after I was treated like a piece of nothing. What an awful awful company, stay away from them if you value yourself at all...because they certainly will not. I'm glad this was just a side job for me because I can't imagine how someone would feel if this was their full-time job and they were just dismissed with no warning.

Spend your time and resources anywhere but StratMar.

Advice to Management

Don't think employees are just dispensable -- take the time to properly train them instead of thinking everyone can be replaced. It is a better investment of time and money.

8. "Worse process ever!!"

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at StratMar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. The process was long and unnecessary.

Cons

Not sure if they have improved on anything in two years but when I was there, there was no organization. It took almost a month of sending and receiving things BY MAIL before I was able to start working. They switched the pay structure once I started. I wouldn't recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Get things together. Maybe model some of the other programs like yours in the airport that are doing better.

"Very Repetitive and corporate and management disregards your neeeds"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent but thats it.

Cons

Constant standing at a Kiosk screaming at customers for hours in a day can get very tiresome stand on feet all day managers are very disorganized and corporate gives you al,ost impossible sales goals with materials given.

"Don't work here"

Former Employee - Sale Representative
    Former Employee - Sale Representative

I worked at StratMar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The managers in the field were great.

Cons

They started with 115 employees across the country and let everyone go on Mother's Day. Then once they had our iPads they short changed us on our commissions. They always promised that they wouldn't ever mess with our money but that was their common practice. Our commissions were never paid.

Advice to Management

If you say things follow up with them. Pay the commissions owed. Remember people relied on you