Strata Decision Technology Reviews in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Strata Decision Technology CEO Dan Michelson
Dan Michelson

Pros
  • Most of them are hard-working individuals who really care about our clients (in 5 reviews)

• Working at Strata is a great learning experience and it provide tons of opportunities to lead and make a difference (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be difficult at certain times (in 10 reviews)

• If you aren't in office politics or considered a "star" then you will likely be let go and soon (in 6 reviews)

"Genuinely fantastic place to work"

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Collaborative atmosphere, including among staff who have been here for over a decade as well as new employees: everyone is willing to hear new ideas and partner to do what's best for our clients
    - Benefits and perks: strong focus from management in fostering a positive work environment (actions, not just words) through sports/activity clubs, Friday happy hour events, tools that enable employees to celebrate/congratulate each other and connect on common interests outside of work, maternity leave and accommodations for nursing mothers, etc.
    - Open communication across all levels of organization: executive team roll their sleeves up to get the job done; identifying and addressing areas of opportunities is just as encouraged as celebrating successes
    - Products and offerings: Valuable, proven and highly rated solutions for healthcare providers; business strategy is focused on making a difference in healthcare

Cons

This a con only for people who don't like to work hard: a small company means everyone has to be willing to get in the weeds and work with a sense of urgency and focus. There aren't layers of layers of analysts so everyone is involved, which enforces ownership and collaboration, but may not be a good fit for those who expect to delegate work outside their scope.

Advice to Management

Continue along the same path and maintain your focus on hiring people that fit this culture.

"A nice place to work."

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time

Pros

Excellent work-life balance, good location.

Cons

3% 401(k) matching? (50% up to 6%, so effectively it's 3%). With a 5 year vesting period? Really? Props to using Vanguard, but a better matching would encourage more employees to save for retirement!

"Manager"

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The thing I like most about working for Strata is the culture of always striving to improve the company. Strata has changed a lot since I started 1.5 years ago, and it has all been for the better. They have recently brought in several employees that bring an outside perspective from the healthcare and consulting industry. They are always looking to improve the product and the way we run the company. I also really enjoy the people I work with. Most of them are hard-working individuals who really care about our clients. Lastly, our rapid growth across our software platform makes it an exciting, dynamic place to work.

Cons

It is great that Strata is growing so quickly, but sometimes processes are unclear. Although the company is working to improve clarity and structure, it can be frustrating for some employees.

Advice to Management

Management has put a lot of focus on improving the work-life balance of employees over the past year. They also have a great vision of how to structure the company and the types of products/services to offer based on market needs.

Strata Decision Technology Response

Feb 3, 2016 – Team Development Specialist

Thanks for the notes here. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy working with the team and have seen the tremendous change and growth through which we have gone. We hope the team has been able to ... More

"Growing Company with a passionate team"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Learning opportunities.
    Great company if you are looking for a challenging career.
    Good environment

Cons

It could be sometimes challenging to have a good work-life balance.

"Amazing company, great opportunities for advancement and experience!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant Optimization in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant Optimization in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At the core of this organization is a great team of sharp, hard-working professionals. Due to the company's innovative platform, they are experiencing rapid growth...so great opportunities to advance after a short time.

Cons

With rapid growth comes challenges...everyone is expected to chip in and roll up their sleeves...but you will be in good company with team-members who will be right there with you all the way!

7. "Energetic, devoted, and hard-working employees make it a great place to work"

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very strong sense of camaradarie
    Flexible work hours and work-from-home options
    One day off per year to do volunteer work
    "StrataCares" program encourages donations of time, energy and money to charitable causes
    Diverse workforce

Cons

Could do better at providing opportunities for formal training

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"Great place to be - growth opportunities are endless if you seek them out!""

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have had a great experience with the company thus far. I really value the openness of the company and the fact that I have direct access to management and exec level staff at all times. I have great relationships with staff at all levels, which is something to be desired in a company. The company is very transparent and is not afraid to share with the staff the direction, goals, vision, and roadblocks of the company.
    The company possesses a very strong team-oriented environment, which helps an employee feel as though they are a valued member of the group and one can see their contributions at play.
    The age of the employees is relatively young, but there is room for advancement and quick career progression if that is what the employee is seeking. I, personally, value the fact that I am heard by my managers and exec staff and they take my ideas/concerns seriously. They also take my ideas and desires for my career path seriously and help me work toward my goals.
    The CEO has a contagious pride for the company and products, which keeps the employees engaged with the company and atune with the shared vision.

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming at times when a lot of work needs to be completed - which is how it is at most companies. But, your colleagues and management are always available to step in and lend an assist when need be.

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency of the company for employees; it really helps us see what is going on with the company and allows us to feel we are on the same team. This has been great.

9. "Great Company that is Helping to Change Healthcare"

Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strata Decision is a really cool company that is focused on changing the healthcare delivery system in it's own way - through better planning, cost assessment and financial analytics. The ultimate goal for clients is to give them software solutions that support their mission of providing high quality care in a cost effective manner. The team (from engineers to implementation consultants to quality assurance) is completely dedicated to that mission.

I would describe the culture of the company in 3 words: 1. Passionate 2. Innovative 3. Smart. People with these characteristics end up really exceling in the environment. At all levels, the team is very tight knit. There are regular "all hands" meetings that bring the company together so there is alignment. Also, over the last 90 days there has been a major focus placed on staff development through formal programs. All team members are involved in the sessions to keep advancing their skill sets and their careers.

Over the years, the company has done a really nice job of staying ahead of the curve through continued advancement of its products and services. It's a really dynamic place where products and services are really evolving to stay ahead of the needs of hospital CFOs and finance teams.

Strata Decision has great plans for the future and I am excited to be part of the continued evolution.

Cons

The company has a number of really important, valuable initiatives (staff development, client experience, product advancement etc.). Sometimes the number of initiatives can seem overwhelming, because they are important. It is however clear that senior management recognizes that there are many initiatives and are now focused on prioritization.

Advice to Management

You are focused on the right things to continue advancing the company - keep that focus.

"Lots of Growth Opportunity"

I have been working at Strata Decision Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers an endless amount of career development opportunity in an open and fun work environment.

Cons

Smaller company-but this only means more possibility for hands on experience to add to your knowledge-base/resume/portfolio.

"Focus"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

I love my coworkers -- I really enjoy the work --- I like the pace and the challenge of it all...

Cons

I would only say that it is sometimes hard to keep up with the knowledge that I have to to stay at the top of my game...

Advice to Management

I would like to see fewer releases of the software per year. I think we could build more features into each release and release fewer builds -- and have a more productive experience.