Cover image for Stratasys

Stratasys

Engaged Employer

Stratasys

Add a Review

Stratasys Employee Reviews about "3d printing"

Updated Nov 28, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 321 of over 322 reviews
3.6
60% Recommend to a Friend
80% Approve of CEO

Found 9 of over 322 reviews

3.6
Stratasys CEO Yoav Zeif (no image)
Yoav Zeif

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Stratasys and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "3d printing"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A future "what went wrong" case study for business books

Jun 29, 2017 - Management (Prefer to Keep Anonymous) in Eden Prairie, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The 3D printing technologies and industry are undeniably exciting, as are the potential future applications and growth opportunities. It's easy to see and feel good about how Stratasys solutions address current problems in manufacturing, health care and education throughout the world. And while Stratasys' leadership position in this space isn't guaranteed (and seems to be fading) there's a strong sense of pride and motivation that comes from working for an industry leader (being on the 'winning team').

Cons

Too many to cover in detail: -Management in general (specifically North America sales management (toxic), global product management (incompetent) and the entire c-suite including the CEO, CFO and CMO). They exhibit a lack of focus and genuine appreciation for employees. Each has his/her own political agenda. -Too many changing and conflicting priorities. -HR does not serve the people; rather, HR serves only the agendas and needs of executive management. The HR business partners in the US can't be trusted. -Talent development is non-existent. Promotions are politically motivated and based on favoritism. -Benefits, specifically salaries, are below average. And there are deficits in the pay, treatment and opportunities afforded to women. -Very little work-life balance if you want to be considered an employee that just meets expectations. -Slow to innovate, slow to market. -Recruitment process and treatment of job candidates is embarrassing (just ask anyone who has interviewed with Stratasys in the last year). -Treatment of employees that leave the company is equally embarrassing and disappointing. Falsehoods and rumors are spread about employees who quit on their own. Exit interviews are inconsistent - you're lucky if you're given one, and if you are, don't expect anything to be done with your feedback (in other words, they aren't worth the time). ...There are many more cons not mentioned but in listing them all I'd be wasting more of my time than I care to. Also, as others have mentioned beware of the more recent positive reviews here. The company actually has a "strategy" to combat the negative Glassdoor reviews by having a few select, current employees submit overly positive reviews with exaggerations about how great the current state really is.

24 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Great People, No Direction

Nov 3, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

3D printing is truly cutting edge technology. My coworkers are fantastic and we have a strong sense of teamwork. Seeing the impact of our work on the world is something to be proud of.

Cons

No new hires despite massive layoffs. Management direction is shady at best. No clear goals or data to drive our numbers in my department. We come in every day assuming we will be let go and this is not just my thought. Data is skewed due to poor software but it's all we have to go off of. Too many things for not enough people. Managers can be found behind closed doors typically. Senior management is approachable but feed you feel-good answers and party lines. No one walks around here with a smile anymore. We all feel pressure but we need to be a team, not blaming people over emails and protecting our hides from who knows what.

6 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Stratasys team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Sep 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many things to love about working at Stratasys, below are just a few: The people: I have had an amazing time working with everyone here (in my own team and outside of it). There is an emphasis on culture improvement and relationship improvement that is much appreciated. My supervisor: I have had an amazing time working with my supervisor, they are very invested in my continuous development and are consistently giving me stretch assignments in areas they know I am interested in. They are actively helping to shape my career. Events: There is a quarterly Town hall where the whole region gets together to discuss the previous quarter as well as holiday events, picnics, volunteer opportunities, wellness events, etc (the list could really go on). There are many opportunities to be involved, you just have to accept the invitation. Printing: As an employee once you take a training on how to print, you can use the FDM 3D printers! This is something you can't get at just any company! training and learning: The company provides a lot of on site and off site training opportunities. There is also the tuition reimbursement opportunity. Other: There is usually food laying around for people to share, especially if you know the right hallways to walk down. My position allows a flexible work week, I can decide my own hours depending on what is happening that day and if I am sick or traveling I can work from home. I really like working at Stratasys, I'm sure there are other pros that I am missing in this moment as well.

Cons

The communication plans need work, a lot of communication is last minute or missing altogether. Change management definitely needs work, the information given on when/how changes are happening is usually not accurate. A lot of the communication and change management issues could be solved by having a clear plan of what is going to be happening, this company is very reactive in its internal communications and changes. If they know a change is coming they should make a plan for it instead of waiting until the last second.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fascinating Industry, Great Work Perks & Growth Opportunity

Oct 17, 2018 - Demand Generation
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Access to cutting edge (and very expensive) 3D printing technology, FREE. - 'start up' culture with a lot of opportunities to learn new skills, softwares, etc. - Working with industry leading clients is really cool - every customer uses their printer for applications that are equally unique and fascinating. - Fun work environment & lots of opportunities to engage with coworkers both during work and after work If you are a positive person who can handle a fast-paced work environment, Stratasys is a great place for you.

Cons

3D Printing as an Industry moves fast. So does Stratasys. Some reviews below seem to come from people uncomfortable with slight ambiguity and a fast-moving industry. Like any large company, there will be frustrations with beurocracy and processes. However, Fast Pace + Ambiguity = Opportunity for Employees.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great vision and culture

Dec 13, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clear vision in 3D printing and excellent culture for employees

Cons

Too complex working environment, such as crossfuntional work with too many meetings. Need to enhance head count to share the work!!!

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Customer Service

Dec 29, 2020 - Customer Service
    Business Outlook

Pros

great market potential for the 3D Printing

Cons

management and company strategy direction

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Mar 29, 2021 - Applications Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free 3D printing and in a growing industry

Cons

There are no negatives! Great company.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

General

Jan 13, 2016 -  in Independence, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun 3D printing technology, good people in Eden Prairie offices, good customers, interesting applications. Long term good industry potential in both prototyping and manufacturing.

Cons

Big culture change in last 2 years. Run by Israeli management which is a command and control environment. Very challenging for people seeking a collaborative work environment.

8 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Fantastic Place to Work

Mar 22, 2021 - Engineering Intern in Eden Prairie, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly coworkers, 3D printing, applicable experience

Cons

Boring at times, commuting traffic

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 Reviews