Stratasys Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 20, 2017

4.0
Ilan Levin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Hundreds of employees had the opportunity to go into the community to teach Kindergarten - High School students about 3D printing (in 12 reviews)

• Cutting edge technology that has a promising future when managed by the right management team (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little work-life balance if you want to be considered an employee that just meets expectations (in 6 reviews)

• Many challenges lately after the 3D printing market took a dive (in 5 reviews)

1. "principal engineer"

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Manchester, NH

I worked at Stratasys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexible working hours, nice office

Cons

company not growing, management not nice

2. "Stratasys Materials R&D Internship"

Current Intern - Intern in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Intern - Intern in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Stratasys as an intern

Pros

I was given a couple projects that my manager wanted me to work on, but I was also given the freedom to work on other projects that I thought were interesting and follow my own curiosity. The engineers were very willing to teach me new skills and help me learn more about plastics compounding/formulation and integration with 3D printing. HR set up several lunch & learns and other fun intern events to help interns learn about the business and get to know each other.

Cons

Pay is not very high for an engineering internship, but it pays the rent.

"Change is happening , is it enough?"

I have been working at Stratasys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We are the number one 3D printing company in the United States!
    Our products are exciting and they change lives!
    It's exciting to come to work and be apart of this company.

Cons

Working with our Israeli co-workers can be challenging to complete tasks in a timely manner.
    Not able to have control of systems is challenging.
    Improving processes or producers can be like trying to turn the Titanic.
    Systems need to be updated

Advice to Management

We should be hiring smart people to do their jobs! It feels like we are hiring people to be micromanaging them from aboard. I suggest that North America run its own offices with US standards.

4. "n/a"

I have been working at Stratasys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly team, professional working environment, really exciting industry and products that change lives

Cons

Lots of inconsistencies, change is frequent but without a clear strategy

Advice to Management

Focus on getting processes standardized and consistent to people understand their expectations and make the company's plan clear to the team.

5. "Industry leader with positive changes and great leadership"

I have been working at Stratasys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Industry leader in an exciting and innovative market. The new leadership has helped change the culture and employees are excited about the future. Working with Industry leading companies and helping them change how things are made.

Cons

There has been a lot of change and restructuring the past couple year, which brings uncertainty. You have to adapt to change on the fly and understand the big picture if you want to succeed here.

6. "Awesome Company to work for"

I have been working at Stratasys full-time

Pros

Management and employees are working hard so we can touch across many industries with 3D printing machines

Cons

401k match could be higher

Advice to Management

I'm happy to be part of the Stratasys team

7. "Able to make an impact @ growing company in exciting industry!"

I have been working at Stratasys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees have the opportunity to make an impact (on customers, customer's clients, employees, processes, etc.) here. It's a growing, fast paced company in an exciting, evolving industry. We're doing some really cool things with our partners and customers.

Cons

There has been a lot of organizational restructuring which means change and people tend to struggle with change (even if it's positive). I believe you have to be resilient, resourceful and flexible to be successful here.

Advice to Management

Continue to define who has decision making authority. Continue to celebrate regional successes and initiatives. Include the global perspective so we feel like one company. Upgrade the PTO policy (the reason the "comp and benefits" number is only a 3 in my view.

8. "Sales"

I have been working at Stratasys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stratasys provides truly innovative technology within a disruptive, high potential industry
    The leadership changes that have occurred over the past year are starting to drive results and a positive culture change within the company
    The upside and opportunity for career growth, process improvement and individual impact is significant based on the company size
    The customers we work with are industry leaders

Cons

The lack of scalable processes can be challenging internally

Advice to Management

Continue to focus efforts internally to drive satisfied, profitable customers and collaborative, positive employees who want to help customers succeed.

"Order Management Representative"

Former Employee - Order Management Representative in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Order Management Representative in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Stratasys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stratasys is a company that has been going through major changes in a very short time. If you like working in a changing environment, this is the right place. For the most part the changes were positive for me, they represented improvements to our work processes and allowed for increased flexibility. But change can also be difficult as it requires adjustment and you may end up in a new and unexpected situation, which you did not desire, and which is not beneficial to you.

Cons

My Cons are actually mostly already contained above. Management has been changing quickly and often. Adjusting to new managers and new requirements may not be easy. It requires employees to work under managers, who did not hire them, and who maybe would not have hired them (the predecessor did). It is difficult to work with a manager, who should never have been put in that position in the first place.

Advice to Management

Watch out who you put in charge of your people. Your managers play a key role in making or breaking employees morale.

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Stratasys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There was continuous schedule but they did provide relief around the holidays. Their health care plans were good quality at a very low cost.

Cons

The constant schedule pressure does not allow for taking time to upgrade tools very well.