KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Strategic Behavioral Health

Is this your company?

Strategic Behavioral Health

Add a Review

Strategic Behavioral Health Employee Reviews about "mental health"

Updated Nov 10, 2021

Found 25 of over 283 reviews

3.3
Strategic Behavioral Health CEO Mike Orian (no image)
Mike Orian

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

14h

an

Occupational Therapist

I’m a fairly new grad. Got licensed in January and started working in February. I moved across the state for this job taking my family with me. Now 4 months in it’s such a toxic environment. Unethical, unhealthy. I’m looking to apply to other places. Do I put this company on my resume to show I’ve been working since I graduated or is it worse to show I want to leave after only 4 months? Also, absolutely cannot have them contact my current job or use them as a reference. Put them or no?

8 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Friendly staff and they are open for any questions or concerns that you may have.(in 11 reviews)
  • "There are so many great people who work there dedicated to helping kids get better.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good (Medical, vision, dental, 401k).(in 10 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers and a team that worked well together during code situations.(in 8 reviews)
  • "New leadership that is tolerant and understanding.(in 8 reviews)
Cons
  • "They put you on silly 'Performance Plans', which has proven to be ineffective and a sign of poor management.(in 30 reviews)
  • "Low pay and they nickel and dime a person for every penny(in 11 reviews)
  • "no training, cut throat environment, profit driven its not about the patient its about the money.(in 6 reviews)
  • "I was very close to suing the hospital regarding hostile work environment.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Bonuses are a joke, not even worth the time put into reviewing the quarter with your supervisor.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Disability

This rating reflects the overall rating of Strategic Behavioral Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "mental health"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Strategic Behavioral Health is Focused on Excellence in Patient Care

Jul 22, 2020 - Vice President Clinical Services and Regulatory Affairs in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strategic Behavioral Health is a company whose focus is centered on excellence in patient care. A Trauma Sensitive approach to care along with focus on holistic healthcare needs for our patients provide improved outcomes, but, more importantly, help patients return to families, school, and careers to live their best lives. Our employees are making a difference daily in the lives of our patients. These goals are shared by leadership teams and employees among our hospitals with a vision for continued growth and provision of mental health care services in the future.

Cons

More mental health services are needed.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

New CEO disconnected from hospital operations

Nov 10, 2021 - Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

Residents of the local community in need of mental health services have another option besides the ED and therefore have shorter wait times for care. In most of the SBH facilities, the clinical staff is committed to delivering quality patient care and quickly stabilizing patients at risk of harming themselves or others.

Cons

Senior leadership team at the home office is disconnected from operational challenges and often sacrifices the clinical staff for poorly run programs and facilities. There is no collaboration between direct care staff and clinical team and most junior employees feel unsupported.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

N

Oct 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not a lot except the opportunity to help people with mental health issues. Decent Pto

Cons

Poor management Not great wages or benefits

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sorry!!

Sep 29, 2020 - DON in Leland, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Designed to help those with mental health issues.

Cons

Poor corporate management and unfair practices.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Company trying to make a positive impact.

Jul 21, 2020 - Home Office Employee in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are great, pay is competitive, and there are opportunities for growth.

Cons

Working in mental health can be tough.

6. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jul 2, 2020 - Director of Business Development in Harlingen, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Palms Behavioral Health has a teamwork environment with a positive feel. I recommend working here for the opportunity to work with a great team and gain experience in mental health as well.

Cons

I have none at this time

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Understaffing, but good work

May 19, 2020 - Admissions Counselor in Harlingen, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helping people with mental health, Good benefits, PTO, Flexible with hours.

Cons

Understaffed, Changing Management all the time Changing rules and procedures always.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent.

Jun 2, 2019 - Mental Health Technician in Garner, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Entry level experience to mental health, create your own schedule when PRN, help residents become better versions of themselves

Cons

Pay is not high enough, can be dangerous at times, often short-staffed, nurse-run facility so your say may not matter.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Mental Health Tech

May 31, 2018 - Mental Health Technician in Leland, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

A small look into mental health disorders

Cons

Pay Management Accountability (none) Inconsistency Physical endangerment

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very disappointed in this establishment.

Feb 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not a single pro found.

Cons

WORST EVER. This company views patients as numbers. Only interested in money that can be made from them. They hold patients illegally after legal sections expire. Hold patients without medical necessity in order to milk Medicare and insurances and send off the ill ones that have no more funding. Directors are extremely 9unprofessional. The owner literally yells obscenities at staff. The services they claim to provide are non existent. There's is such a need for mental health care and Strategic is all wrong. Not there for the patients at all.

11 people found this review helpful