Strategic Behavioral Health Employee Reviews about "orientation"

Updated Feb 11, 2019

Found 16 of over 283 reviews

3.3
Strategic Behavioral Health CEO Mike Orian (no image)
Mike Orian

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

9h

a

Physical Therapist

After submitting a job application, personally how long do you wait before not hearing any response that you take the intended job out of consideration and move on? (Not counting those random out of the blue jobs where recruiters hit you up 2-3 months later after you’ve applied.) I’ve been on the hiring end so I know how the processes work, so I give it a week max now as an applicant. I wanted to ask what everyone else’s personal timeline was?

3 Comments

Healthcare

30.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Strategic Behavioral Health~777819
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Friendly staff and they are open for any questions or concerns that you may have.(in 12 reviews)
  • "There are so many great people who work there dedicated to helping kids get better.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good (Medical, vision, dental, 401k).(in 10 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers and a team that worked well together during code situations.(in 9 reviews)
  • "New leadership that is tolerant and understanding.(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Disability

This rating reflects the overall rating of Strategic Behavioral Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "orientation"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great teamwork

Aug 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Leland, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible leadership team that is very responsive needs of the hospital

Cons

Orientation process can be fragmented at times

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

For-profit Evil

Feb 11, 2019 - Mental Health Technician in Johnstown, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

They will hire you no matter what

Cons

With a focus on making money, you quickly feel worthless. I just graduated with a bachelors degree and they gave me the same starting salary as even the cleaning staff- just above minimum wage. During training they encouraged us to write a positive review on glass door about orientation, without us ever working, while bribing us with gifts. The halls were always short staffed. Staff were verbally abusive. Many of them seemed like high school student with no education or experience. Quit after 1 month.

4 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Orientation

May 18, 2018 - Mental Health Technician in Garner, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great orientation the employee are awesome I love it already

Cons

None just going thru orientation

4. 5.0

MHT

Mar 14, 2018 - MHT in College Station, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Started Orientation on the 12th. Orientation has been very professional. It's been awesome.

Cons

I'm in orientation so far there aren't any Cons.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

allowing Strategic to have reviews written by new orientees? Really? How cheap on both your parts!!!!

Nov 26, 2017 - MHT in Leland, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't find a good thing to say about Strategic, or The Glass Door. A real Pro would be for the state to get involved secretly, and shut these people down.

Cons

Glass Door, you have stooped to new lows by not screening out coached positive reviews written by newly orienting employees of Strategic Behavioral Health. They started about three months ago. Pages upon pages in here. Wow, I suppose money talks, even in mental health. I've been with Strategic for going on a year now. Originally, I was surprised at seeing quite a few poor reviews on Strategic, mainly because I saw any mental health service as a good thing after having previously worked with a retiring psychiatrist. However, when a provider, private or state uses a client's insurance to it's maximum lifetime benefit while lying to the patient and family to get that money: you my friend become a thief, liar, leach, scumbag,,,,, or whatever other colorful names can be thought up. You should be reported to the Office of Civil Rights for what you do to people's loved ones in THAT singular respect. You house lifetime teenage criminals with young kids who need nothing more than someone to listen to their story, show compassion, and give a damn. But expect that young kid to come out on top, with a new positive outlook on life after allowing his or her verbal, mental, and physical abuse and conning his or her family to the max. I've heard staff members say, "Hell, who's gonna believe him? Look at where he's at." You have staff who should be the one's in prisons for the way they treat the people you supposedly treat or take care of!!! And now there's a new CEO in Wilmington. Differences? None noted yet. He's only been there a month. We'll see. I have seen both sides of this hospital: adolescent and adult. I could literally write a book about this place, but it would take more room than is provided here. If you are thinking of working for this company, don't. If you've quit, write about it here. If you work there, write some warning for future potential employees. Do it often because they will continue having new employees write good reviews for them during their orientation classes. That's cheap. That's using your employees to unwittingly lie for you, and that should be a crime.

13 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

SBH Wilmington

Oct 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic training, on of the most comprehensive educational programs I have experianced.

Cons

It would be beneficial to have a separate more applicable orientation training for non patient facing staff.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

First week of orientation informative information provided.

Oct 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Updated information. Friendly environment everyone smiles and are upbeat and ready for their day.

Cons

None so far except in very hands on and sitting for the orientation was kind of lengthy yet harmless.

8. 5.0

Palms Orientation

Oct 13, 2017 - A&R Clinician in Harlingen, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The orientation was very informative and helpful. I feel that the information provided will be beneficial and allows all employees to be on the same page. I also enjoyed having the opportunity to meet all of the management and administration so that we feel more comfortable in the future going to them if need be; everyone was welcoming.

Cons

A week long orientation is a bit lengthy but it’s understandable.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Seems great so far in college station!

Oct 12, 2017 - Registered Nurse in College Station, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very invested in training new staff. It's my first week, but the leadership has gone out of its way to be available and answer all the questions that have come up.

Cons

Some of the other new staff in the orientation seem to be less than professional. Showing up late, and sleeping through presentations.

10. 5.0

Clear View orientation

Oct 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training has be very helpful and feels like a good environment

Cons

First week of orientation is a lot of seat time

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews