Strategic Business Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Alliance Manager"

Current Employee - Alliance Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Alliance Manager in Tampa, FL

Pros

Terrific culture where employees are valued and appreciated.

Cons

Could benefit from better 401k contributions

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job .

2. "One of My Better Jobs"

Current Employee - Storage Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Storage Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Strategic Business Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have enjoyed my 6+ year association with SBS. They truly appreciate the contributions their employees make and periodically come up with unexpected rewards like anniversary bonuses and gift cards for birthdays. They are better at handling expense reimbursement than any employer I've worked for.

Cons

The company's focus for new and growing business does not include the team I work on and it is easy to get the impression that they consider this team a dying area that is not worth much attention.

Advice to Management

If you are going to shrink or de-emphasize an area of the company, find a way to integrate the employees from that area into the parts that are growing rather than continuing to hire from outside.

3. "NetApp Consultant"

I have been working at Strategic Business Systems full-time

Pros

The management is willing to work with its employees

Cons

The Current Insurance is less than stellar

Advice to Management

n/a

4. "Company"

I worked at Strategic Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall it was a very good and flexible compnay to work for. Good money, flexible schedule, etc.

Cons

Not a whole lot of growth opportunities for the technical/contractor side. Pipeline was very limited besides a large ongoing project with HP/Agilent. Some parts of the project required on-site technical help. It wasn't unheard of to work 20 hours a day 4 days in a row.

5. "Best company I have worked for"

Pros

Company has great peer culture. Even though you will primarily work remotely and seldom see your colleagues I never felt isolated. Help or advice was available via the distribution lists, or via a quick phone call. All colleagues pretty much care about the work they do and are willing to help. This is a great company to gain a lot of experience with diverse storage platforms and delivery methodologies. The management team has always treated me fairly, and honestly. I never felt I couldn't discuss issues with them, and they were always willing to help and go above and beyond to work with you. Honestly the best company I have worked for.

Cons

Expect to be 100% travel. But in reality I had many engagements that could be done remotely so I never felt burned out.

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees well, and continue to make them feel like they are not just a cog in the machine.

6. "Consultant"

I have been working at Strategic Business Systems full-time

Pros

I had the opportunity to move from one team to another which helped to expand my technical capabilities. I felt that the management team was interested in my well being and interests.

Cons

Generally work independently and would like to work more closely with my colleagues. I intereact electronically rather then in person with fellow SBSers.

Advice to Management

Continue with quarterly calls and employee involvement in social media. Culture is great just needs to be expanded. Very much appreciate the interest in employees ives and well being.

7. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Reston, VA

I have been working at Strategic Business Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and health benefits provided

Cons

No annual training budget or ability to advance within the organization = no incentive to remain for the life of your career

Advice to Management

Invest more in the employee rather than just being concerned about the customer's desires

8. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Data Storage Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Data Storage Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Strategic Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the start of my second year at SBS. I have been extremely happy with the company, and the corporate culture. To the reviewer that said there is no bench time that is a complete falsehood. I had a month on the bench between contracts and never worried for my job. I'm extremely happy with the senior leadership and they are always willing to listen if you have a comment, concern, or even an idea. I have taken several trainings while I have been with the company and have not had any issues getting them approved or developing my skillsets with certification testing.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of one.

9. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Strategic Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture of this organization is amazing. From Kevin Kohlhaas,CEO, on down they believe in and display the utmost concern for their employees. "Balance" is strived for from both a personal and business perspective. As part of the Storage Consulting Group, I knew that both management and co-workers had my back if necessary. These guys work hard and play hard. This is a fast growing small company with a lot of potential and the right leadership to realize that potential. I would definitely work here again if the future holds that in store.

Cons

I truly can say I did not have a negative experience with this organization.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Aspiring company with growing pains and no corporate culture"

Former Employee - Storage Engineer in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Storage Engineer in Sterling, VA

I worked at Strategic Business Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SBS has a quick hire process. All my colleagues seemed very nice. The company trusts you to do your job and pays well.

Cons

I barely met anyone in the company; I only met my boss in person when I was on vacation. For me, the corporate culture was non-existent. Training budget was also non-existent.

Advice to Management

Arrange face-to-face team meetings at least annually. Provide opportunities for training other than [whatever's free]. Grow your company slower with respect to your project management team, which was sorely overworked.