Strategic Financial Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Ryan Sasson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I enjoy the competitive work environment (in 20 reviews)

• Also -- if you'd like to make a lot of money fast, this is the job for you (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be a challenging work/life balance, but great co-workers and office get togethers help immensely (in 9 reviews)

• Long hours (you get what you put in (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I Enjoy Coming to Work in the Morning"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Strategic for over two years and I must say it is like a second home to me. I actually look forward to Monday’s, which is not something that most people can say. I am not sure where all these negative reviews are coming from. The income potential is absurdly high if you put in the work. For those who have sales experience, it is an easy transition into finance, and it’s amazing to see those coming out of college as a first or second job making 150-200K very quickly. Yes, a lot of people do not make it, because of lack of effort, skill set, or the drive to succeed, and I assume that these are the people that write the negative reviews. I truly believe that I am helping clients out with what ever option suits them the best.
    **For those negative review posters- if you do not believe in the product, and the company, how can you expect to succeed/enjoy your job?

The opportunity for upward mobility is there as well, as the company promotes from within most of the time. That was something that was very important to me when I left my lucrative job to come to work here two years ago.
    I believe in the product, and the company, and hope to stick around for years to come, building a second home.

Cons

Can be a challenging work/life balance, but great co-workers and office get togethers help immensely.

Advice to Management

Help is always there for those who ask for it. The level of understanding and care for your employees is incredible. If you are having a rough time, or are having issues with something even outside of work, I truly feel like any of the management would talk and help you through it. I trust most of you as I would trust a friend I have known for over a decade.

The new implementation of Ambition allows for less micromanaging, and promotes self awarness for each consultant of what they are succeeding in, what they need to work on, and what others are doing in order to become top producers.

Thanks you for everything.

Strategic Financial Solutions Response

Apr 8, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for such a great review. I hope you are here for years to come also!

"Sales"

I have been working at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time

Pros

Great place to work and thrive

Cons

Long hours but you can still have a life

3. "Sales Consultant"

Pros

Excellent pay and incentives for the right person

Cons

Tough to keep the job and strict on how many sales you make which I totally understand.

"Best Job I’ve Had So Far"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Earnings potential is amazing for an entry-level/sales position
    * Most of the top reps are super approachable in regards to sharing best practices and helping newer reps to develop
    * Launchpad sales managers are super invested in your success long-term as a rep (currently working to launch, and the support I’ve received from my manager and ops managers is really great and encouraging)
    * Training is thorough, Coelho is a legend, and if you put effort into it, you are set up to succeed
    * Spiffs and other incentives keep things interesting and morale high, the hours can be long, but when you have incentives and things like that, it makes it worth it
    * The product isn’t for everybody, but I have clients that I genuinely feel like I’ve helped out a lot, which as someone who values empathy and compassion, I value (and Strategic values as well)
    * Amazing company culture. I’ve worked at different huge banks for internships, and I have never felt like a valued member of the team and part of a family like I have in my almost 3 months at Strategic. Happy hours and themed days are a lot of fun and encourage bonding/creativity amongst teams and the sales floor in general
    * Everyone gives you every opportunity to succeed, so it’s what you make of it, and it’s very work hard, play hard, which I personally love
    * Young sales floor has made it easy to become friendly with people (since NYC is a new city to me and only a handful of my friends have made the move up already, it’s nice to have people my age to interact with at work)
    * Flexible work schedule allows me to go to the gym/hit Madison Avenue shopping/use the massage chairs/schedule doctors appointments/ do whatever when I need to, which is a bigger perk than one might think seeing it on paperwork

Cons

* Didn’t really emphasize that you can be gone after the two weeks of training, which seems kind of bad if people are leaving a position to come here
    * Long hours, but that’s to be expected in sales (I personally am fine with it)
    * Sales floor can get a bit loud, especially during Primetime, which is great because we’re producing, but can be difficult at times for someone like me who has issues with my hearing (though having a wireless headset now has helped to mitigate the noise since I can walk towards the wall away from the cubes where it’s quieter
    * Some product knowledge discrepancies among reps (maybe refreshers from managers on common errors/mixups)

Advice to Management

* Keep doing what you’re doing, the town hall was great, and I personally felt super motivated after it (not even getting into the ESOP which makes things even better).
    * Ryan & Dan are super approachable, which is nice, so keep being cool guys
    * Keep the company culture as it is...I’m sure it’s going to be difficult as the company grows (and I hope to be here for the long haul to experience it) but the culture is amazing and was the selling point for me to come work here.
    * It’s really weird that our new/nice refrigerators somehow produce minimal ice....this is such a shallow complaint, but it’s annoying to have to remember to ask for a venti cup of extra ice to go with my mid-day and evening cups of coffee (since I prefer iced) every morning at Starbucks when I get my coffee

"Amazing place to work!!!!!!"

I have been working at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time

Pros

Great culture, support from management and huge earning potential.

Cons

Hours can be a grind, but the commissions and lively culture on the sales floor make up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding and don't stop looking for opportunities to grow the company.

6. "Rewarding company to work for!"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

I enjoy the competitive work environment. Like another reviewer said, I actually enjoy going into work on Mondays. If you are willing to put in the effort the income is exponential.

Cons

The hours can be long, but not required.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Great company and culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

GREAT opportunity for growth
    Collaborative working culture
    Managers genuinely care and are very approachable
    HR provides a lot of resources and tool for continuing education

Cons

PTO policy could be better
    Insurance could be better
    Better work life balance

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

Pros

I love this company. Everytime I walk in I can feel the positive energy and that people are genuinely happy to be here. The culture is built around hard work and helping people and having fun together. Great place to work.

Cons

It would be nice if they added more chairs to the massage room. I hate waiting for a chair. The elevators in the building could be faster. I’m

"Swipe Right for Stratfs!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Strategic Financial Solutions is a fantastic company with over 35,000 clients at the current moment who has helped over 100,000 people and settled over $750 million dollars of debt since inception because their service works and they have longstanding relationships with creditors and collections agencies. Not only do they provide the most compliant services (their compliance department is bar-none across the industry), but also the most superior service in the market. I've worked here for two years now and have nothing but great things to tell my friends, family and many others who may be seeking a job, whether it be in one of our two Manhattan, NY offices or our brand new, amazing Buffalo, NY office. I've personally referred two people to work here and hope to refer many more. This place consists of a loyal, hard-working family who offers amazing compensation packages including the recent ESOP addition, which will produce a lot of millionaires over the coming years.

Cons

People will tell you that you'll work long hours, but I can tell you from experience that you appreciate working these hours when you're making these kinds of commissions...IF you're in sales to make money. I think some people come to this company with expectations of a mundane 9-5 run of the mill job. This company was built in Manhattan and wants to attract hungry sales warriors who are ambitious and ready to help a great company grow.

10. "BEST COMPANY EVER!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Compliance in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Compliance in New York, NY

Pros

I’ve been with this company for 1 year and 3 months going on 1 year and 4 months. Yes, I count every day! I love this company because it truly rewards people who work hard. I started off in sales and the energy on the sales floor is contagious. This company has a lot of room for growth and we have multiple departments (sales, CS, Negotiations, IT, HR, Finance etc…) The sky is the limit. If you can secure an opportunity to join our work family, do it! You won’t regret it (Remember to work hard). Recently we became an employee owned company and that means we all have a voice, our hard work matters, and you are an owner who gets company shares! (we also get 401k match). This environment is the most supportive work environment I’ve ever been part of.
    Our company has a quarterly “Strategic Dreams” where employees get to submit a dream that you want or need help with. The Strategic Dreams committee selects a bunch of individuals who submitted a “Dream” and the committee gives away: family vacations, engagement rings, help looking for an apartment, 6-month supply of diapers for your new born child, assistance with fur baby vet bill, gifts and more. How many companies out there actually do this for their employees? At Strategic you are not a number you are a person with a first, last name and to me that speaks volumes. Strategic FS continuously looks for ways to get better and that tells me we have no room for being complacent and we strive to be the best always.
    Sales Training was amazing (First Class Sales Training) and my time in sales was great, I excelled because I put in the hard work. Oh yeah if you do your job there is additional cash prizes on top of an uncapped commission structure. There are a lot of fun happy hours too 😉. I went into sales compliance because I saw new opportunities and I wanted to contribute and grow out a new department. When you join our family come in with passion, fire and the will to work hard and you will succeed. The only person limiting themselves from success is, you. No one is in your way!

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say. I feel like if you can't succeed here it's because you didn't work hard enough.

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing, keep sending out employee engagement surveys, keep promoting from within and keep up the good work. My advice is to keep doing what they're doing.