Strategic Financial Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Ryan Sasson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The entire business model is based on a bait and switch (in 8 reviews)

• Long hours but if you can handle that, the possibilities are endless (in 12 reviews)

1. "Amazing Opportunity and Growth"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture and opportunity's here are unlike anywhere else I have worked. There are incentive programs in every department that constantly reward employees who meet and exceed targets. There are leadership and development programs in place as well to promote the growth of their employees.

There is great transparency around goals and KPIs. Great work environment and visibility for sales management who are able to meet and discuss new ideas on a weekly basis with the company CEO and President. Overall a truly special place to work.

Cons

No real disadvantages as long as you come in and do your job.

"Only worth being in sales, or management"

Pros

Perks like in-office happy hours, dress up days, massage chairs, etc. Nice office facilities if you are on the East side (the entire company was moved to a nice office in Midtown East, but half the company was sent back to the rundown office in Times Square shortly after).
    If you are in sales and work hard, you can make a ton of money in a short time with little or no experience. The company offers sales reps tons of bonuses and incentives, including an annual trip to Vegas. Unfortunately, there are incredibly minimal incentives or bonuses in every other department (one example is a "blue card" you can earn from management--5 blue cards = $50).

Cons

Very limited growth opportunities. In-house promotions are generally based on company politics, and not merit.
    Terrible managers that don't create a positive work environment, and are very unorganized (again, talking about every department besides sales). I've been here for over a year and only recently have had a decent director. For a year we were incredibly understaffed, and still can't really take our 15 minute breaks, and have to sprint to the bathroom, since we are so understaffed.
    Again, perks are mostly for sales reps. My department was supposedly under the sales department, yet we never were invited to sales outings, etc., and were literally told by management we didn't deserve to have a budget for our own outings.
    Terrible increases--I've heard of most backend (not sales) employees getting a 50 cent/hour raise at their annual review.
    Poor morale in a lot of backend departments. My department has employees that work until 9:30 pm every day, yet the AC gets shut off at 6. We have had multiple conversations with facilities, our boss, and HR, and were not allowed to have fans or AC after 6 for the entire summer. My department is also tied to our desks because we have to be available at all times on the phones, so we can't have team lunches or participate in some of the perks like Wellness Wednesday walks.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to departments besides sales. Sales brings clients in, but every other department keeps them.

3. "Large Income Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

Pros

Potential to make a lot of money. Put your hours in and you can easily make six figures. Great work environment. Upbeat, young and fast paced work environment. Helpful and informative training process. Opportunity for growth within company. Very Flexible hours.

Cons

You have to work long days working very hard to be successful.

4. "Awesome Career Opportunities!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

Pros

I have been at SFS for nearly one year now. I came from big insurance company and the sales / on-boarding / ongoing training here is the best I've ever had bar none. I am able to make a big impact here and help clients get out of credit card debt who really have limited options available to them. What I am really excited about though is opportunity for career advancement, I am already planning with my manager about getting promoted into management. Most of the management team here have come directly from the sales floor in a rather short period of time - SFS does a really good job hiring from within.

Cons

Working late nights, and sometimes lead management gets confusing and my leads get bounced out of my cue.

Advice to Management

Implement flex hours / days so reps can manage their work / life balances better.

"Account Associate/ Client Services Agent"

I worked at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Massage chairs, game room, 15 minute breaks, bi-weekly company happy hour, mini random contests for mini bonuses

Cons

Not enough time for training in order to know how to better serve the clients. The company thrives off of Quality Assurance scores of its employees which rates your phone calls. They micro-manage every word you say to a client as well as monitoring the time you use to place clients on hold and the amount of time you notate what was discussed in the phone call with the client on their account. If they aren't satisfied about how you handle your calls despite half the time you're trying to figure out what it is you need to do, or what script you may need to find in order to know what to say to your client, they lower your quality assurance call and forward it to your supervisor as well as the managers and the director of your department which then leads to you receiving a bunch of harassing emails from your superiors. It doesn't matter if you're new and are still in the trial learning period. It gets worse if you have a very disgruntled client that was previously hung up on by another agent who didn't know how to handle the situation and didn't want to get in trouble so they disconnected the call thus leaving you to pick up the slack. If you mess up anywhere in regards to time, what you say, how you say things, or missing a few calls by accident, or not notating specific details of what could possibly be the longest client call you've ever faced, or constant poor quality assurance scores, you could get fired easily.

Advice to Management

More training, less micro-management, less aggressive and ridiculous reasons for lowered QA scores, less aggressive time monitoring and you might have more satisfied clients with less issues in their accounts. More of your clients leave because they feel like they are not being taken care of properly and your staff can't give them the quality service that they potentially can bring to the table if you weren't stressing them out so much within the company. Think about it, why do we have high call volume? The clients keep calling over and over because they aren't getting the proper service they initiated needed because an agent didn't have enough time to give it to them.

Aug 24, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the review and I'm sorry Strategic didn't work out for you. Quality assurance scores are a necessary part of our business to ensure our clients are getting the great service that they... More

"Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working at Strategic. I started working here right around this time last year and really didn't know what to expect. With so many different sales reps on the floor, I was concerned I would get lost in the crowd. On the contrary, the number of sales reps simply adds to the culture. Management does a great job of keeping a good ratio of managers to reps so each rep gets the attention they need to succeed.
    Furthermore, I had never held a sales position before and was nervous when I first began that I would not be able to thrive in such a competitive environment. From day one, you get a two week immersive training experience where you become an expert in the industry. After that, you get assigned to a team where you have a manager who meets with you once a week to help you continue to improve your selling skills. I love the continuous opportunity for education and training. At strategic, they have access to every resource you could possibly need to succeed.

Also -- if you'd like to make a lot of money fast, this is the job for you. I never imagined I would receive the pay checks I've gotten at this job. Better yet, they offer an incredible $55K salary for newbies to allow them to adjust and build your pipeline (do you know how nice it is to know you can afford to eat while you're trying to establish yourself at a new company?). Then, once you get a hang of things you switch the $30K + commission and before you know it your bank account is doubling and tripling inside. So many incredible incentives too that make the hours really worth it.

All of the above statements are enough to want to work here. When you add in the culture, it is a spectacular combination. I have never met such a fun, hard working group of people. We have fun on and off the sales floor. -- company trip to Vegas was better than anything I've ever experienced. President and CEO are always around the floor and make an effort to get to know every rep.

If you work hard, like to make money, and enjoy a nice tequila shot. Strat FS is the place for you.

Cons

Longer hours during the first few months.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Slow down with the AC

Aug 5, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the review and kind words about the company and culture. I am happy you are doing well and love the energy, reward system, management, and trips. Please email the facilities department... More

"Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Although I have been at Strategic for just a couple of months, I absolutely love it here and feel compelled to respond to a previous post. I was one of 3 (diverse) females in a class of 15 during new – hire training class, and not only did we all graduate, but all thrived both in training class and out on the sales floor! Yes, training is challenging and all the coaches involved will make sure you are ready to sell before they place you on the sales floor, but I have yet to encounter a shred of unprofessionalism from management or my male counterparts – yet alone bullying. Just thought it was sad that someone would blame (gender) inequality vs. taking a good look in the mirror. #SFSGOGIRLPOWER!

Cons

More refrigerator space and flex time!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people!

Aug 30, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the review . I really appreciate you writing about your experience. Strategic prides itself as a color blind and gender blind company. We are proud of our diversity in every department... More

"Deceptive Hiring process"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The HR department is hands on and communicative

Cons

I was hired as a Sales Consultant in the beginning of August and my advice is to far away from this company if you're choosing between job offers. The base salary of $55,000 is evidently attractive at first, but it's intended to lure people in. They claim they hire their employees based on the intention of keeping them, since the price point of the base salary is high. However, that is far from the truth. They explicitly prefaced my class stating that a few people won't make it passed training and won't make it on the sales floor. So, contrary to their previous response, they do hire people with the intention of weeding people out and firing them. I totally agree with the previous reviews about their deceptiveness. They bait-and-switch their potential clients and potential employees, and constantly lie.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about your intentions when making the "job offer"

"Stay Away It's All a Lie"

I worked at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time

Pros

2-3 lunch hour breaks
    People in my training class

Cons

Everything else
    No benefits
    5 PTO days/year
    Working until 8pm
    Bait and Switch
    Pompous managers who treat you like cattle
    Constant lies

Advice to Management

Close down

Aug 30, 2017 – CEO

Sorry that Strategic wasn't the right place for you.

"Financial consultant"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Great culture. Knowledgeable and supporting management. Great training program that improves your skills here or elsewhere. Competitive pay. Leads that come in warm. CEO brings his dog in personally for me I love that as a dog person but also gives me that family feel that makes it comfortable... ohh and recognition they always make it a point to recognize hard work.

Cons

Long hours and too much pizza that is given for free

Advice to Management

Management is great and above all very informative. If my manager is unavailable I have 5 other people there to ask and the answer with a smile. I've read reviews on the "bait and switch" well Citibank sent me the same bait and switch but honda just sent me the same bait and switch offer to turn in my lease early. Just marketing this is life. So I guess my advice is less pizza more competitions.

Aug 5, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the review. The sales management team is going to spend more of their culture budget on competitions and events and less on bagels and pizza. Right now they are rolling out a football... More