Strategic Resolution Experts (SRE Inc.) Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Jeannette King

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing!"

I have been working at Strategic Resolution Experts (SRE Inc.) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great clients, strong referrals, excellent credentials and smart management!

Cons

Fast-pace isn't for everyone ( l love it)!

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Martinsburg, WV
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Martinsburg, WV

Pros

Employees are provided with great training, even though some of the training may not be applicable to your job. There are some really great employees here.

Cons

Poor management, to say the least.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves.

3. "CEO"

Current Employee - Senior Classification Specialist in Temple Hills, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Classification Specialist in Temple Hills, MD

I have been working at Strategic Resolution Experts (SRE Inc.) (Less than a year)

Pros

I am working classifying Position Descriptions.

Cons

Project Management mindset to contracting.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Decent pay, little communication."

Former Contractor - Analyst I in Martinsburg, WV
    Former Contractor - Analyst I in Martinsburg, WV

I worked at Strategic Resolution Experts (SRE Inc.) as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training platform and goals (PMP and ITIL), although they may not pertain to the current position, taking the certs after the training can help you in your career.

Cons

CEO talks about communication and looking out for employees, but that's all it is - talk. I sacrificed a great deal, moving my family out of state to fulfill a contract for her. Six weeks into the job, with no warning, no disciplinary issues, she canned me. No reason except "it's not a good fit."

It is likely I was placed in a contract set up for failure, under a supervisor with little to no experience or talent at managing or leading people. Maybe others in the company have a much better gig going on. But in my case, I feel used and betrayed. Since I was out of state, I couldn't claim unemployment insurance. She made out like a bandit.

I recommend avoiding this company.

Advice to Management

Hmm, how about getting both sides of a story before firing someone who went through so much inconvenience for your company? Since it is likely the supervisor didn't want to keep me and had no good reason to fire me, you simply turned your back on me. For all the stories you write about your heart for others, you sure are quick to put the axe down without so much as going through any issues of concern. I still have no idea why I was terminated. That's just amateur.

Communicate like a professional, at all levels. When you don't, you embarrass yourself, your company, employees, and contractors you work with.

5. "I couldn't be more pleased!"

Current Employee - Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Research Analyst

I have been working at Strategic Resolution Experts (SRE Inc.) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In the 4 months I have spent with SRE I have seen them live up to their core values of Integrity, Quality and Performance. Many new opportunities have been presented to me and I have gained much from the training they offer. They take time to be personable and welcoming, which I look for in an employer. I feel like I am valued, even though I am new and still learning. There are many amazing people that work for SRE, that are doing amazing things to make the world a better place. This is a great company, with a great leader, and a great team!

Cons

At this time, I have no downsides to report. It has all been positive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Get it in writting or move on!"

I worked at Strategic Resolution Experts (SRE Inc.) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Educational opportunities for certifications. .

Cons

The company did not keep their end of the contract; the company will come up the winning end of any agreement. They treat professionals as insignificant.
    - High Turnover - was only with company for 8 months; found better pay and treatment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Study and follow employment laws, keep your word and do not skew all benefits toward company. The company will lose great employee’s that way.

"Frenzied, mismanaged, and just plain NOT WORTH IT!"

Pros

Opportunity to earn certifications, PMP, etc.

Cons

- I was bullied after resigning from my position
    - Sr. Management micromanage daily operations and is extremely unprofessional
    - High Turnover, the average professional stays ~ 6-months

8. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Martinsburg, WV
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Martinsburg, WV

Pros

SRE has unparalleled training opportunities for its management consultants, business analysts, and project managers. SRE's size and structure allows for easy access to senior leadership; a definite advantage not seen in mid-size/large businesses.

Cons

Dedicated projects with client-based onsite requirements have a tendency to compartmentalize employee teams from one another, which can limit exposure to corporate culture and identity.

Advice to Management

No advice to offer.

9. "One of the Best Experiences Ever in Federal Government"

Pros

This company wants you to succeed professionally. While I was there I received my ITIL certification and started working on getting my PMP certification! The training that I received for the ITIL allowed me to pass the test with flying colors!

Cons

I really do not have any negatives besides maybe getting a more experienced person in the HR department. I ran into a couple of issues that had to be corrected by the CEO. I really appreciated her for stepping in and solving all my issues even though she was very busy with things like; running her company to be best in class.

Advice to Management

I think upper management did a great job with my transition when my contract ended with the IRS. The CEO especially worked with me personally to make sure that all of my paperwork was handled correctly. My advise would be to make sure the person that was working in HR when I was there has been removed. Although they were not a bad person just not competent enough to handle the workload.

"Dysfunctional Leadership and extreme micromanagement"

Pros

This company provides some training

Cons

Small business with minimally documented organizational processes and no true documented organizational structure. Company president micromanages and responds personally during professional interactions.

This company has very high turnover

Advice to Management

Advice to upper management is to act in a professional manner in dealings with employees. Employees who leave this company feel bullied, attacked, and personally threatened upon their departure.