Strategic Resources Incorporated Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"SUSTAINABILITY"

Current Employee - Professional in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Professional in McLean, VA

I have been working at Strategic Resources Incorporated (More than 5 years)

Pros

Merriam-Webster describes Sustainable as "able to last or continue for a long time". SRI has been in business for 28 years with demonstrated abilities to sustain the changes in the corporate and government environment. During my tenure with SRI, I have received and heard countless testimonies from customers indicating the professionalism and thoroughness of the services provided by our employees. I am truly blessed to work for an organization that genuinely cares about the employees and their families.

Cons

As the Tyson's Virginia area continues to grow so does the traffic with it. I guess it is no worse than any of the commutes in the DMV area.

Advice to Management

Continue to follow SRI guiding principles to greatness!

"Excited to come to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Every morning while I drive into work, I start to think about the upcoming workday. No day is the same, each day is very engaging and challenging - I never get bored!

Cons

Because of what we do, who we work with and the ultimate impact it has on a lot of people and families, it is hard to disconnect from it at the end of the work day.

Advice to Management

I love and appreciate all the stakeholders who also put their time and heart into things that matters at SRI.

May 17, 2016 – HR Professional

Thank you, and we love and appreciate you as well.

"Hardware specialist"

Current Employee - Systems in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Systems in McLean, VA

I have been working at Strategic Resources Incorporated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stay out of your way

Cons

unprofessional careless thoughtless rude

Advice to Management

Back up your employees and listen to them when trouble rides and call them back

May 5, 2016 – HR Professional

At Strategic Resources, Inc. we strive to always be professional and supportive to our employee and customer needs. Our teamwork, passionate leadership and continuous focus on employee concerns and... More

"Love coming to work everyday."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Strategic Resources Incorporated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Every day I am surrounded by hardworking and dedicated coworkers and a appreciative boss who all inspires me to pull my share of the big load to support the main purpose -- to support our service members and their families.

Cons

It is very easy to become very involved and passionate about what we do, that sometimes I forget it is time to go home.

Advice to Management

I love the support and confidence shown to me from the management. It has encouraged me to take on more and more responsibilities.

Mar 1, 2016 – HR Professional

"Horrible, Hypocritical, Self-serving"

Current Employee - Coordinator in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in McLean, VA

I have been working at Strategic Resources Incorporated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Coffee and fee Panera Danish on Fridays.

Cons

A cult of self-serving hypocrites. No communication, no training, no interest in welfare of employees. One of the worst places I've ever worked. Greedy, unforgiving and thankless management.

Advice to Management

You will eventually go under based on your unfairness to hardworking employees.

Nov 30, 2015 – HR Professional

Thank you for acknowledging one of the many things we do for our employees. In addition to the employees, we provide perks to family members and to the communities in which our employees reside. At... More

"What Matters Most"

Current Employee - Contractor in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Contractor in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Pros

I have been with Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI) for over 8 years both as a full time employee and a contractor. I have seen the growth of the company from small business to large business and can honestly say that they have kept both their commitment to quality service for the customer and high employee morale. Two years ago when the federal government had a shutdown with not only their employees but many of the contracts SRI held being froze, the CEO made a decision to still pay the employees that were affected and not get reimbursed. This simple act of selflessness shows the character of the leader in this organization. I have seen the HR department and the CEO personally pay for children's tuition of employees, bonuses to help out families that needed additional help, large sums of money to charities and a multitude of other expense that are not common from a large company. Separate from the company Mrs. Slade (CEO) has personally come out of her pocket to give money to charities, families and organizations that have a positive impact. While most companies have reduced their job force during the tough times of government contracting SRI has done everything in their power to not only keep current employees but create additional jobs even if it isn't profitable to them.

Cons

I don't have any Cons. The only people that have something to say about this company are the employees that don't come to work and do their jobs. There are always a few bad apples in the bunch. There is a reason why this company has been around for over 27 years without drawing on a single line of credit and that is because it is well managed, great vision and execution

Advice to Management

Continue to lead the company as you are, don't let a few employees that don't fit the company standards taint the rest of the employees.

"Worst job I"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

None none none none none

Cons

Everything about the place. Terrible benefits, micro management, lack of respect towards employees, no work/family balance...

Advice to Management

The way u treat employees is terrible. Have some respect!

Nov 30, 2015 – HR Professional

Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI) appreciates your feedback. In our 27 years of business, we have gone to great lengths to make sure our employees feel valued and appreciated, as they are. SRI was... More

"Great company"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in McLean, VA

Pros

Easy to work for
    Great benefits
    Awesome Corporate staff

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind as a true con with the company

Advice to Management

Great company values

Jan 27, 2015 – HR Professional

Thank you.

"The SRI Team is hard working, professional, dedicated and inspiring."

Former Employee - Project Lead in Fort Bragg, NC
    Former Employee - Project Lead in Fort Bragg, NC

I worked at Strategic Resources Incorporated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team is dedicated, always willing to assist, puts things into perspective that allows you personal growth to become more successful. , “Thank you” does not seem like enough to express the gratitude and respect that I have for all of you.

Cons

The only challenge I encountered was not working on site, but despite this minor issue I still had constant support.

Advice to Management

SRI has set the standard and has created an incredible successful team that works so well together with hard work, dedication and support you can continue to reflect SRI’s Vision, Mission, Operating Principles and Quality Objectives in all future projects.

"Don't Let the Smooth Taste Fool You!"

Current Employee - Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Employee in Vienna, VA

Pros

Strategic Resources, Inc. has thrived for decades under the leadership of its President & CEO. The success of this company isn't based on sheer luck, rather the CEO's vision, planning, hard work and dedication to be a successful corporation. This success is due to the CEO being assiduous in her attention to business and the needs of families. While many companies have laid off their employees, SRI continues to advertise career opportunities as well host job fairs to provide employment for people nation wide.

Cons

Health Insurance for a family can cost as much as $800.00 per month. Flextime is not an option and if you have to report to the headquarters office or any other SRI office in the NOVA area traffic can be very unforgiving. These issues can interfere with your work-life balance. Lastly, the lines of communication with upper management at times become blurred due to a lack of training and the enforcement of SRI policies.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek candidates with the education, qualities and skills necessary for the various positions that SRI has to offer. Keep in mind that clear communication amongst your employees as it relates to what is expected from them in my opinion is key to be the continued success that you are.