Stratosphere Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic Company on the Verge of Rapid Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time

Pros

Flexible scheduling, awesome employee-centric culture, great "off the cuff" benefits (mani-pedis, rooftop BBQs, off-site client outings), great pay, challenging environment without being overwhelming, every employees voice is heard, and there is always open-doors to executive leadership.

Cons

Not many here, but one thing to focus on is continuing to develop the internal benefits. Looks into a Health FSA, better PTO policy, commuter benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The focus on employee engagement and the client experience are awesome.

2. "A company that turns into family"

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits, very understanding upper management. Overall a great place to work and really feels like a family.

Cons

There isn't a whole lot of room for growth, even as the company gets bigger. This is fair since it is a smaller company, but not good for those looking to advance.

Advice to Management

The only thing I could possibly suggest is to make more incentive programs for all employees, and to check in on them a bit more.

"Innovative, growing company"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been a part of the Stratosphere team since it's inception. Prior to that I was employed by their sister company Converged Communication systems. Since then, I have seen the company grow from a handful of techs and sales people to a team of 50+. As a sales professional the sky's the limit when it comes to the portfolio of products you can position for your prospects. Pair that with managing partners who strive to see their employees succeed, and perhaps the most aggressive commission structure I've ever heard of, and you have a winning combination.

Cons

As some of the other employees have stated, this is not really a con, but more of a caution. Micro-management is not something you will find here. You have to be dedicated, focused, organized, and prepared to hit the ground running. If you're looking for a typical 8-5 job, this is not it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

4. "Great company for motivated sales professionals looking to grow their career!!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stratosphere is the company to work for if you are a motivated, eager-to-learn sales rep. Personal growth potential is huge. Unlike other technology companies I have worked for in the past, Stratosphere’s product and service offerings are way better than the competition, making your job as a sales rep enjoyable and rewarding. It is truly a company you can stand behind and say “I support this product and our service” and know that our support team will take care of your customers to their utmost ability. Management is great to work with, always looking to help you learn and grow in your role through trainings, new products, etc.

Cons

Not a “con”, but as a sales rep you need to be self-motivated. You do not have a manager breathing down your neck every day (as everyone is given their freedom) and will need the persistence to push forward. If you like to be micro-managed this company is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The opportunities given to employees are endless, and management truly cares about everyone as if they are family.

5. "Fun, challenging and cutting edge, Stratosphere Networks has it all."

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy using cutting edge technology to help my customers overcome their business challenges. There is something new everyday. Management is flexible in allowing personnel to work from home when necessary. There is a genuine desire among the staff to help our clients solve their problems, which has led to a culture of honesty and integrity.

Cons

While not necessarily a con, you must be organized and detail-oriented at Stratosphere. We are process-driven and strive for efficiency in everything we do so always be on top of your game.

Advice to Management

A more structured and concise training program will need to be implemented at some point if you hope to grow faster and more efficiently

6. "Great opportunities for hungry professionals"

Current Employee - Consultant in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stratosphere is a great place for either an entry level to advanced position. No one day is the same. You are consistently being challenged by management to grow your skill set and advance your career. The things I've learned within 6 months of working at Stratosphere is something it takes years in other companies to learn. There is tremendous opportunity for growth for someone that is dedicated and wants to learn the business.

Cons

Expect sometimes to have to come in early and stay late.

Advice to Management

Management really makes you feel like family. They really want you to be successful and ensure that you have the tools you need to be successful. If they keep promoting the family mentality and great work-life balance Stratosphere will continue to grow for years to come.

"Worst place to work EVER..."

Former Employee - Helpdesk Support in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Support in Evanston, IL

I worked at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to home. Decent Salary.

Cons

Getting yelled at by management on a daily basis. Verbally abused by management. The owner doesn't know how to communicate with his employees. All he does is yell at his employees. Supervisors also yells at people mainly because they are getting yelled at and they are beyond overworked. No real training is offered. Many people have quit because of management and even got in their face after the years of abuse that was dished out. Most new people don't stay long because of the lack of training, constant yelling and sink or swim attitude. no culture. Management is unprofessional and seems to be just as happy to see you fail as you would think they'd be to see you succeed. You are yelled at in front of everyone and coworkers seem to place bets to see how long new employees will last as they are never really trained and expect to not make mistakes. Best of luck to those still there. It was a blessing when I left.

Advice to Management

Change of management attitude towards their employees.

"Mom and Pop Shop"

Former Employee - Helpdesk Support Technician in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Support Technician in Evanston, IL

I worked at Stratosphere Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, casual dress environment, laid back environment, occasional bonuses, free pizza on Fridays (too bad it's cheap pizza from Little Ceasars)

Cons

No formal training program is in place for new hires. Upper mangement speaks to employees in a condescending manner. Parking is horrible so expecting to get tickets or even towed by the city of Evanston. After a week of system training they throw you to the sharks. Be ready to be micro managed to the fullest. The air conditioning doesn't work consistely. Poorly lighted working environment.

Advice to Management

Learn how to speak to people without being condescending or insulting their intelligence! Don't treat your staff as if they are expendable!

9. "An extended family and a place to grow your career."

Current Employee - IT Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are serious about a career in IT - this is the place for you. You get immersed in IT and work with clients of all setups, configurations, etc. The team is great.

Cons

If you are an IT person that wants to work in 1 environment - then look elsewhere. You need to be nimble and dynamic to work with anything IT which to me is an IT persons DREAM!!!

Advice to Management

Your passion for clients and your team shows. Keep up the good work! Thanks for creating an awesome place to work.

10. "Fantastic Company Culture and a Environment For Growth"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Evanston, IL

I worked at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team oriented, amazing core culture, open door policy with management to discuss performance - growth as well as address life matters, a team that is flexible with you as an individual. With any technical support position clients at times can be stressed; however, your team comes together to help. You are not just a number hear as management listens and you form an awesome bond with your team and management. Individuals growth is really based on them and truly what you put in is what you get out.

Cons

My commute to the network operations center was at times 1 hour to 1.5 hours based on Chicago traffic. Management worked with me to set me up to work from home and it solved all my traffic woes. So this isn't really a con in my opinion as they worked around my personal life. I would still be there today; however, my I had another child and they became my main focus - but the door is always open at Stratosphere.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. While other companies that I've worked for loses sight on the individual, you don't!