Stratosphere Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic Company on the Verge of Rapid Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time

Pros

Flexible scheduling, awesome employee-centric culture, great "off the cuff" benefits (mani-pedis, rooftop BBQs, off-site client outings), great pay, challenging environment without being overwhelming, every employees voice is heard, and there is always open-doors to executive leadership.

Cons

Not many here, but one thing to focus on is continuing to develop the internal benefits. Looks into a Health FSA, better PTO policy, commuter benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The focus on employee engagement and the client experience are awesome.

"Takes a certain person to work there. Experience helps too."

I worked at Stratosphere Networks full-time

Pros

Work from home option, PTO, some good people.

Cons

There is a hierarchy that is hidden in the shadows. You can tell management is getting hell from the upper and is taking it out on the managed. Communication is mainly held by email/text, which I don't exactly support. It's not a great place to start your first full-time job at. People are locked in their role and no open conversation to help each other out even when it's a group effort.

Advice to Management

Let's not show off how great you are and focus on helping each other out.

"Good for complacent individuals."

Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Evanston, IL

I worked at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the NOC members are kind and courteous. The team is accommodating for each other, and there is some comraderi.

Cons

Salaries aren't very competitive. You're lucky if you get a cost of living increase for doing a great job. Middle management has a tendency to work against the needs of the employees in order to please upper management. A stressful amount of work with little to no reward. Work-Life balance is not good due to the amount of work. No room in the organization for growth. A certain individual in upper management has a tendency to cause drama and talk trash about former employees, and gets very political during the work day. Not responsive to constructive feedback. VERY shady recruitment practices.

Advice to Management

When you have a productive employee that goes above and beyond the call of duty, pay that person more money when requested. Seriously have a talk with upper management personnel that have a tendency to trash-talk and start false rumors. Stop saying you're the fastest growing MSP, since obviously there's no room for growth.

"A company that turns into family"

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits, very understanding upper management. Overall a great place to work and really feels like a family.

Cons

There isn't a whole lot of room for growth, even as the company gets bigger. This is fair since it is a smaller company, but not good for those looking to advance.

Advice to Management

The only thing I could possibly suggest is to make more incentive programs for all employees, and to check in on them a bit more.

"Innovative, growing company"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been a part of the Stratosphere team since it's inception. Prior to that I was employed by their sister company Converged Communication systems. Since then, I have seen the company grow from a handful of techs and sales people to a team of 50+. As a sales professional the sky's the limit when it comes to the portfolio of products you can position for your prospects. Pair that with managing partners who strive to see their employees succeed, and perhaps the most aggressive commission structure I've ever heard of, and you have a winning combination.

Cons

As some of the other employees have stated, this is not really a con, but more of a caution. Micro-management is not something you will find here. You have to be dedicated, focused, organized, and prepared to hit the ground running. If you're looking for a typical 8-5 job, this is not it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

"Great company for motivated sales professionals looking to grow their career!!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stratosphere is the company to work for if you are a motivated, eager-to-learn sales rep. Personal growth potential is huge. Unlike other technology companies I have worked for in the past, Stratosphere’s product and service offerings are way better than the competition, making your job as a sales rep enjoyable and rewarding. It is truly a company you can stand behind and say “I support this product and our service” and know that our support team will take care of your customers to their utmost ability. Management is great to work with, always looking to help you learn and grow in your role through trainings, new products, etc.

Cons

Not a “con”, but as a sales rep you need to be self-motivated. You do not have a manager breathing down your neck every day (as everyone is given their freedom) and will need the persistence to push forward. If you like to be micro-managed this company is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The opportunities given to employees are endless, and management truly cares about everyone as if they are family.

"Fun, challenging and cutting edge, Stratosphere Networks has it all."

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy using cutting edge technology to help my customers overcome their business challenges. There is something new everyday. Management is flexible in allowing personnel to work from home when necessary. There is a genuine desire among the staff to help our clients solve their problems, which has led to a culture of honesty and integrity.

Cons

While not necessarily a con, you must be organized and detail-oriented at Stratosphere. We are process-driven and strive for efficiency in everything we do so always be on top of your game.

Advice to Management

A more structured and concise training program will need to be implemented at some point if you hope to grow faster and more efficiently

"Great opportunities for hungry professionals"

Current Employee - Consultant in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stratosphere is a great place for either an entry level to advanced position. No one day is the same. You are consistently being challenged by management to grow your skill set and advance your career. The things I've learned within 6 months of working at Stratosphere is something it takes years in other companies to learn. There is tremendous opportunity for growth for someone that is dedicated and wants to learn the business.

Cons

Expect sometimes to have to come in early and stay late.

Advice to Management

Management really makes you feel like family. They really want you to be successful and ensure that you have the tools you need to be successful. If they keep promoting the family mentality and great work-life balance Stratosphere will continue to grow for years to come.

"Worst place to work EVER..."

Former Employee - Helpdesk Support in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Support in Evanston, IL

I worked at Stratosphere Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to home. Decent Salary.

Cons

Getting yelled at by management on a daily basis. Verbally abused by management. The owner doesn't know how to communicate with his employees. All he does is yell at his employees. Supervisors also yells at people mainly because they are getting yelled at and they are beyond overworked. No real training is offered. Many people have quit because of management and even got in their face after the years of abuse that was dished out. Most new people don't stay long because of the lack of training, constant yelling and sink or swim attitude. no culture. Management is unprofessional and seems to be just as happy to see you fail as you would think they'd be to see you succeed. You are yelled at in front of everyone and coworkers seem to place bets to see how long new employees will last as they are never really trained and expect to not make mistakes. Best of luck to those still there. It was a blessing when I left.

Advice to Management

Change of management attitude towards their employees.

"Mom and Pop Shop"

Former Employee - Helpdesk Support Technician in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Support Technician in Evanston, IL

I worked at Stratosphere Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, casual dress environment, laid back environment, occasional bonuses, free pizza on Fridays (too bad it's cheap pizza from Little Ceasars)

Cons

No formal training program is in place for new hires. Upper mangement speaks to employees in a condescending manner. Parking is horrible so expecting to get tickets or even towed by the city of Evanston. After a week of system training they throw you to the sharks. Be ready to be micro managed to the fullest. The air conditioning doesn't work consistely. Poorly lighted working environment.

Advice to Management

Learn how to speak to people without being condescending or insulting their intelligence! Don't treat your staff as if they are expendable!