Found 11 of over 75 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Stratton Mountain Ski Resort and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "benefit"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Aug 13, 2021Shuttle DriverFormer Employee, less than 1 yearStratton, VT
Good opportunity for work in the winter at a ski resort. Pay is fine, benefits are good if you enjoy skiing. Overall, very positive work atmosphere and experience.
If you don't live near the mountain, it can take a while to travel there. The roads can sometimes be snowy/icy, but they take good care of them (plowing, salting) most of the time.
- 2.0Apr 13, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearStratton Mountain, VT
Stratton has few pros. About the only pro you might find around Stratton is the free seasons pass. If you don't ski, well…
The benefits packages suck to say the least. The health insurance is expensive and covers very little. Vision and dental plans are of similar quality. Employee perks were cut last year, thanks to the corporate conglomerate that we are part of, to almost nothing. Wages are about half to two thirds what you would expect anywhere else. Certain departments tend to be subject to extreme micromanagement, while others are almost completely unsupervised and do whatever they please(within reason). Very little that is worth being employed here. Great if you are in high school or college and live at home.Stratton Mountain Ski Resort Response5y
Good news! We've revamped our compensation, perks and benefits packages. Our average pay rates are now above local and state averages.
- 5.0Aug 18, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Stratton has great benefits, a fun atmosphere, it's family oriented, the supervisors are very supportive. I love going to work!
It can be cold and you typically have to work weekends. But hey. It's a ski resort!
- 2.0Sep 11, 2020Mountain OperationsCurrent Employee
Great ski/ride perks, F&B and retail discounts. Free skiing at other Alterra run mountains.
Health benefits could be better, senior management lacks vision, passion and point of view, still very much a good old boys club, rampant sex/gender discrimination from top leaders.
- 5.0May 17, 2022Culinary DepartmentFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Benefits, salary, culture, work life balance, nature during the summer, comforting during the winter
the location is definitely far from any other city, but it's more of a pro than a con because you get to save so much.
- 5.0Apr 5, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
- You get to do what you love! - Everyone is treated with respect. - Complaints are taken seriously. - Benefits are top notch. - Quality of living is very high.
The pay is not amazing, but this unfortunately how it is for the entire ski resort industry.
- 4.0Jul 11, 2023Ski TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearStratton, VT
- Good benefits - People in your department are always a pleasure to work with - Good mountain to ski/snowboard
- People outside your department are not as friendly as they appear - Long hours - Its cold outside
- 3.0Sep 1, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Friends that you make support you more than amyone else is willing to do
The only concern for upper management is the bottom line. Not the employees. They just took benefits away that were given. But of course you can now have them for a fee1