Straumann Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Straumann CEO Marco Gadola
Marco Gadola

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great quality products easy to use (in 7 reviews)

• Great people work here, haven't met a single employee I could not get along with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be tough with the ever changing demands (in 3 reviews)

• The "cultural journey" is a joke (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Progressive Culture!"

I have been working at Straumann full-time

Pros

Straumann has a great open-door policy. The different teams work very well together. The environment here is fast-paced and challenging, which brings out the best in folks.

The opportunity to advance is there, and the hardest workers always shine. Politics are not involved when it comes to internal decisions!

Cons

The company is constantly trying to stay one step ahead of the competition, so things can change on a dime. You HAVE to be agile to work here!

Advice to Management

Keep improving on communication with your respective teams. We are all busy, but as long as we continue to keep the lines of communication open we will continue to improve!

Mar 20, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We agree that being agile is key to success at Straumann - which is why it is one of our core behaviors! Our success is attributable in large part to our ability to adapt... More

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Straumann full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love the people, culture and the fast paced environment.

Cons

At times things move too fast to think. Let's slow down and think things through prior to making decisions.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent with the Journey, it is working!

Nov 20, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition + Employer Branding

Hi there,

thank you for your positive feedback!
    Good to read and good to have you in the team.

You are right, sometimes things are speeding up here. I never experienced this dynamic in any... More

"Toxic employees"

I have been working at Straumann full-time

Pros

Sales growing. Great products. Earned a quarterly bonus. Good benefits. Competitive pay. Casual dress code. Tuition reimbursement. Student loan pay down. Cafeteria. Gym. Laundry service pick-up. Basketball hoop.

Cons

There are a few older toxic employees who refuse to take part in the new cultural journey because they do not wish to reform their nasty behaviour. They posses vile temperaments and have received numerous complaints against them by other employees. Unfortunately, their managers are either new or choose to overlook their uncultured behaviour. These people ruin employee morale, deconstruct team collaboration, and frankly the place could thrive if they were replaced by more cooperative high performers.

6 Signs Your Straumann Coworker is Toxic:
    1. They gossip
    2. They blame others
    3. They create roadblocks to disrupt your work
    4. They intimidate
    5. They kiss up to management to win favors at other's expense
    6. They are two-faced

Advice to Management

Review signs 1 - 6 then show those who are walking the cultural journey how you will not stand for destructive behaviour

Oct 20, 2017 – Straumann

Thank you for your feedback. Straumann is committed to providing a competitive package (pay and benefits) for our employees so we are pleased to see some of our many benefits mentioned here and we... More

4. "Great place to be for Career Growth"

I have been working at Straumann full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company is working hard to keep a good culture. As an employee, I feel "heard" and appreciated. Knowing that my ideas are really considered helps to give a feel of engagement.
    Actual product portfolio is second to no other. Proud to work for Straumann.
    Opportunities to advance in skills and career are high as the company grows rapidly.

Cons

At times, as with all large companies, sometimes the amount of red tape or people that need to be involved in decisions gets high, however keeping an open mind and gaining an understanding of why can help with this frustration.

Oct 30, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition + Employer Branding

Hi there,

thank you very much for your valuable feedback - it is highly appreciated.

As you mentioned it is a challenge to make sure that everyone gets the big picture of the "why"... More

"Bring body armor to work you will get stabbed in the back!"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at Straumann full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is going to be a challenge with a 20 word minimum. I guess the pay is okay for dental.

Cons

Where to begin??? The coffee machine is the best thing this company has going for it. The people in leadership roles expect you to be a robot drinking the straumann koolaid. The level of piety amongst anyone in a leadership role was astounding. It was clear Thiele people thought they were much more important than they actually were. I would compare the atmosphere in the main office (Andover, Massachusetts) to that of the movie office space. People rave about the facility but I found it to be cold, sterile and very little energy. If you enjoy regretting going to work you’ve found your home!

The trump clinton sanders presidential election had less politics than this company. If you love companies where your thoughts don’t matter, this is your company. If you look for a company where you can be a yes man or yes women you will thrive here. They decided to take a “cultural journey” which is clearly a box which has to be checked based on some consultants recommendation. People are such sheep, they will act as if this is the best thing to happen to straumann. I couldn’t tell if this was just to suck up to their superiors or they have just been trapped in such a cold dark place called straumann they no longer have a proper perspective.

These dinosaurs whom “run the show” need to go into truly exciting, progressive companies and take some notes. Then take a critically assessment of what they actually are and not what they think they are.

Word of advice watch out for exec management and middle management. Some of the most condescending individuals I’ve ever met. Their attitude has definitely permeated the organization.

Advice to Management

Humility, integrity, trust and loyalty actually do matter.

6. "Good company"

Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Straumann full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great comp plan and excellent products

Cons

difficult to work with traditionally

Jul 27, 2017 – Straumann

Thank you for your feedback! We are interested to learn more about how it is difficult to work with us traditionally, in your opinion. Please email us at hr.us@straumann.com so we may learn more.

"Dental Territory Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Straumann full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great insurance. Compensation is fair for industry.

Cons

Terrible culture. No opportunity for personal or professional growth. Leadership in flux.

Advice to Management

Seek advice from the field. Take time to communicate. Create a culture where people are free to have open dialogue with fear of retribution

Jul 27, 2017 – Straumann

Thank you for your feedback, though we are discouraged to hear you felt you had no opportunity for growth. Through our Cultural Journey, we are encouraging our employees to become role models in... More

"Decent company - bad managers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Straumann full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall the company is pretty solid with a good product.

Cons

Some of the mangers don't belong in management which can be extremely frustrating.

Advice to Management

Get qualified managers.

Jun 20, 2017 – Straumann

Thank you for your feedback. It's true that Straumann has top quality products. We pride ourselves on our Swiss precision that drives what we produce. Likewise, Straumann prides itself on being... More

"Do yourself a favor and stay away."

Pros

Nice coworkers and free coffee

Cons

Management and HR need to be replaced

Jun 12, 2017 – Straumann

Thank you for your feedback. As part of our Cultural Journey, feedback is welcomed and encouraged! If you have any specific examples of how our management or HR teams could improve, please feel free... More

10. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I worked at Straumann (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good progressive atmosphere nice people.

Cons

Some of management can micro manage.