Straumann Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Straumann CEO Marco Gadola
Marco Gadola

Pros
  • Great quality products easy to use (in 7 reviews)

• Great people work here, haven't met a single employee I could not get along with (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be tough with the ever changing demands (in 3 reviews)

• They are by far the highest cost in the industry but their customer service in second rate (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Progressive Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Straumann full-time

Pros

Straumann has a great open-door policy. The different teams work very well together. The environment here is fast-paced and challenging, which brings out the best in folks.

The opportunity to advance is there, and the hardest workers always shine. Politics are not involved when it comes to internal decisions!

Cons

The company is constantly trying to stay one step ahead of the competition, so things can change on a dime. You HAVE to be agile to work here!

Advice to Management

Keep improving on communication with your respective teams. We are all busy, but as long as we continue to keep the lines of communication open we will continue to improve!

Mar 20, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We agree that being agile is key to success at Straumann - which is why it is one of our core behaviors! Our success is attributable in large part to our ability to adapt ... More

2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I worked at Straumann (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good progressive atmosphere nice people.

Cons

Some of management can micro manage.

3. "Planner"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I worked at Straumann full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some great people work here. Good product, pay is pretty good

Cons

Very fast past environment, very little training provided, Management is awful.

Advice to Management

Give up your cultural environment you are trying to say that you embrace unless you are truly going to take on what you are asking your employees to take on. Appreciate all the hard work your people put in on daily basis.

Mar 28, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We understand that our cultural journey may be difficult to embrace - but that is all part of the transformation. We recognize we have areas to improve and we work ... More

"Toxic all around"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Straumann full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health care, vacation time, holidays

Cons

Culture, workload imbalance, work/life balance

Advice to Management

If you are a hard worker, you will drown in this environment. You'll be surrounded by those who draw lines and phrases on a white board and little else and get rewarded. You will have more work piled on you while others sit by and twiddle thumbs and search YouTube for videos. Straumann takes the hard workers, and it's like running on a treadmill at max incline - they will keep turning up the incline until you drop, then laugh at you on the way out and find someone new to run to the ground.

The walls between different departments here trying to collaborate are so high Donald Trump would be envious. There's more flip-flopping and changing of decisions here than you'll find in politics. Collaboration and culture are two "in" phrases that get tossed around but don't actually mean anything here.

The environment is the definition of toxic - people who leave comment how their quality of life improves upon leaving, people who work in manufacturing don't even want to walk over to the corporate side of the building because you can feel the toxicitity and drama in the air.

Upper management lives the glass row and rarely ventures out to mingle with the common folk. They are so far removed out of the day to day operations of the company. The company has grown exponentially in sales and sales force but without the same growth in the back office to support the hard workers. You cannot speak your mind here. The company is not what it used to be a few years ago and might be headed up in terms of sales but is a downward spiral internally.

Mar 9, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback, though, we are disappointed to hear your experience. While we realize we are not perfect, we are working very hard to reinvent our culture to achieve a high performing ... More

6. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Straumann full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Onsite Gym and Showers
    Modern office space
    Amazing Benefits - I can't complain about the medical benefits, they are extremely affordable and great coverage. In addition - 3 Weeks of PTO, Annual Bonuses, Sick Days and Holiday pay.
    Customer focused company with high quality products
    Straumann is going through a Cultural Journey which I think is great. Upper management is working really hard to transform the culture and they are doing an excellent job.

Cons

No cons - Straumann is growing and no company is perfect. My experience so far has been great and I'm looking forward to the future here.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example

7. "CNC Lathe Operator"

Former Employee - CNC Lathe Operator in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - CNC Lathe Operator in Andover, MA

I worked at Straumann part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and the hours are nice

Cons

Sometimes you might get alot of pieces and you could have a short time to do them

"On the road to a great future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Pros

Top notch product with manufacturing that is world class. The company is growing rapidly and has big plans for several years out. Excellent benefits. Beautiful modern space. Straumann has a new head in Andover who is making lots of positive changes and promoting accountability. The company is investing heavily in what they call the "Cultural Journey" to encourage more direct and transparent communication and better collaboration. This is supported from HQ in Switzerland at the highest level and already there have been several success stories. Strong training programs for employees. Lots of people who have been here for 10 years or more.

Cons

There has been turnover in some areas but there is also a renewed sense of optimism for the future. There can be some pressure due to the workload but most of that is due to the company's growth

Advice to Management

Stay on the path you are on: Continue to build a solid company by doing what is right for the employees and your customers and shareholders will continue to benefit as well.

"Product great, work environment, not so much"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Straumann (More than a year)

Pros

5 minute commute and benefits are a good bargain. Very strong product that speaks for itself. Keeps the company a float despite the toxic environment. Some employees are working hard even though it goes un recognized by anyone in leadership .

Cons

Poor culture, poor attitude. Company is full of self serving people especially in sales and human resources, and have no respect for anyone. People are worked to death and no advancement or recognition, unless you are a favored employee. The "cultural journey" is a joke. Nobody wants to change. Lots of lip service but no changed behaviors. People are leaving constantly. Revolving door.

Advice to Management

Take a look around and really listen. If you can look beyond your own noses, you will see that the problems are right in front of you. Many employees are not who you think they are and they are ruling the roost.

"Great Facility and Espresso Machine, Horrible Everything Else"

Former Employee - Administration in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Administration in Andover, MA

Pros

Beautiful facility, great espresso machine and some bright motivated people. The products are very good, but trying to be the Rolex of dental implants is a bit of stretch. They're great with customers and that's what keeps them valuable.

Cons

This isn't the type of place where you start from the bottom and work your way to the top. The turnover is very high here, in all positions. The Swiss are great people, but they ultimately run the show and they don't do things very American if you know what I mean. They're def precise, but are very slow to react. The manufacturing portion of the company is run very well and those people work very hard, the selling organization is a bit of a mess. You'll see a lot of people start new here and be very motivated and have lots of great ideas and within 3 months they're all sad and broken people. If you stay in line with the Swiss, who ultimately run the show, then you'll be rewarded, but that usually means screwing over your fellow piers. Also the pay isn't the greatest, it's slightly lower than companies outside of Boston. The two way to succeed here, stay under the radar or just do whatever Switzerland tells you, not your American boss. You can guarantee that your American boss will be replaced at some point.

Advice to Management

American managers have no hope, Swiss management in Basel, let's be real here, you're making so much money you're not going to make changes.

"Sales Operations Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Representative in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Representative in Andover, MA

I have been working at Straumann full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a young fun department. Therected is a larger opportunity to refine this position.

Cons

The have merged two completely different departments Inside Sales and Education. Both departmentsides required two completely different skill sets. The compensation dose not match the amount of work employees are given.

Advice to Management

Even out the work load. 80% of the SOR's are ding the work to keep this department going.