Stream Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"The Team"

Current Employee - Senior Video Editor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Video Editor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Stream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaboration, Innovation, Respect, Progressive, Feisty, Positive, Energetic, Fun

Cons

I'd be crazy to complain about anything because I get to do pretty much anything I want. Just got back from Chicago yesterday after filming something... something real special, you guys. #blessed

Advice to Management

Stream has ruined me.
    Before I came to work for Stream I spent several years in other industries and on my own in the commercial wilderness, then a year making customer service videos for a major telecomm company. There were people who were friendly but the overall atmosphere was too low-key for my taste. Because of this company's name recognition I assumed most successful corporations were just *like* that.
    I set aside a) the notion of truly ever having a work family in b) a place that does good work and c) pays/treats its employees well -- an ambitious combination I never expected to realize.
    Then Stream happened...
    I had no idea there could be such a collaborative, innovative -- such a supportive group of talented professionals concentrated in one place. You'd have to go to Silicon Valley to find a more hard-working, forward-thinking, responsible team of winners. You can feel the energy in the air.
    The competitive nature of our channel doesn't stop in the field; it blazes in every square inch of Stream headquarters.
    Opportunity isn't on the horizon; it's at 14675 Dallas Parkway.
    Stream has forced me to become better, stronger, faster at my job. I get here every day at 7 a.m. not because I have to, but because I want to *continue* to become better, stronger, and faster. The work we all do for this company serves a much greater, tangible purpose. I am proud to call myself part of the Stream family.
    So yes, Stream has ruined me. My standards for what a company should be have been set so high now that anywhere else just won't do.

2. "5*"

I have been working at Stream full-time

Pros

The atmosphere is very laid back

Cons

Direction can be unclear at times

3. "Managing Director"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Stream part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Able to work the business as often as you would like, can set it down and take a break from the business as needed. Offers car program, and free trips for Senior Directors and above.

Cons

This is not a salary position. It's ALL commission based.

Stream Response

Jun 11, 2018 – Company Representative

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience as a Stream Independent Associate. We’re glad you’re enjoying the direct sales opportunity Stream has to offer.

4. "Setting a new standard"

Former Employee - Field Training Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Field Training Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Stream full-time

Pros

Amazing people and culture. Leadership truly cares about your growth and tries its best to foster innovative, autonomous, and creative solution seekers. Never a dull moment as it is an ever changing, fast-paced environment. IA's are like family to the corporate team and there was plenty of facetime to discuss roadblocks and assist with their hurdles. Our events were like non-other and our internal mindset was always customer/IA centric. Every office has its bad apples but Stream as a majority is a GREAT place to work. Flexible schedule with the occasional option to work remotely(depending on position). Average pay but great benefits. If you're looking to get into a long-term(happy) career, this is your destination.

Cons

Frequent and last minute changes in direction for high priority projects.(Stay up to speed and you're alright)

Advice to Management

Stronger lines of communication would strengthen cross-functional teams. Everyone has a vision; align, announce, execute.

5. "Best Place in Dallas to work! Creative, innovative and great atmosphere."

I have been working at Stream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Creative, Innovative, fun atmosphere. Senior management truly cares for employees and works at keeping the atmosphere inviting and encourages growth. Best job experience I have had. Everyone works really hard, but there is plenty of work/life balance. Beautiful offices and family oriented.

Cons

Honestly, there are none.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication with employees. Thank you for creating a fun atmosphere.

6. "Executive Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Stream full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great team culture and great perks

Cons

Field leadership is inconsistent

Advice to Management

More frequent communication with new associates

7. "Analyst Review"

I worked at Stream part-time

Pros

Was an alright play and I really enjoyed the management style

Cons

People really need to figure out that this staffing model is helping no one

"FRAUD and GOSSIP"

I have been working at Stream full-time

Pros

Benefits, quarterly bonuses, fun events

Cons

This place is full of fraud and gossip. People tarnish your reputation to get ahead. I have seen people being let go just based on gossip without full investigation. So if someone doesn't like someone, all it takes to get rid of them is to spread rumors, and mission accomplished. HR is a joke. The new director always takes management side (can't trust her); the recruiting girl openly discusses confidential information. Looking for another job, and hope you stay away too.

Advice to Management

You really need to take a look at middle management and HR.

Stream Response

Mar 26, 2018 – Company Representative

As a small company that operates within an open-office setting, Stream employees form close bonds and speak freely amongst themselves. But please know that an individual’s negative comments don’t... More

9. "Supervisor Accounts Payable"

I have been working at Stream full-time

Pros

I was recently hired by Stream. The hiring process was the best I have ever had. The people I interviewed with were friendly and very informative. I met the Team i would be working with and they made me feel at ease which made it easy to talk to them. The HR person I dealt with was friendly and went over and above helping me to get my Drug screen and On Boarding completed. From the interview and hiring process I feel that this will be a great company to work for and an looking forward to my first day.

Cons

So far I have not experienced any Cons.

10. "Customer Service rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Watertown, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Watertown, NY

I worked at Stream full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is quite good. You also get the chance to speak to customers from all over the United States. There is also the opportunity to move up in the company.

Cons

Long hours by the phones can be very hard on you. Getting yelled at by customers as a job takes its toll on employees

Advice to Management

Offer more break opportunities, days off for employees. There is too high a turnover rate.