Stride Consulting Reviews

Join the conversation on

Tech

211.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Stride Consulting~983084
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Values Based & People Caring in action not talk

Apr 4, 2022 - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Non-hierarchal organization where all levels have input into almost all aspects of the company (e.g. Everyone is asked for feedback to talent review process) - People first mentality where the well-being and personal life of each employee is more important than work (e.g. Leadership emphasizing taking day or just mornings off if you're feeling stressed or anxious from election/pandemic etc) - Leadership actually makes difficult values based decisions (e.g. Rejecting clients that are not values aligned)

Cons

- The non-hierarchal structure can sometimes lead to slower or less clear decision making because leadership desires feedback and input from all employees

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

The emperor has no clothes!

May 9, 2022 - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Some of Stride’s clients have good brand recognition.

Cons

- The more I heard leadership’s updates, the less inspired I felt. When I was new, I bought into the company’s narratives, but over time, I was repeatedly disappointed and unimpressed by the back office. The longer I was at the company, the more I found the words and actions of the back office incongruent. - I found the way the back office talked about some of its clients to be problematic and condescending. - The turnover and policy changes were too frequent to plan my career around. - While staying at the company was the comfortable thing to do, I believe it held my career back. - I can’t think of any aspect of Stride that is better than other employers.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Wonderful and collaborative environment

Mar 24, 2022 - FIN Ops Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing and the work is interesting and fun. Being such a collaborative environment means you learn so much about what the other teams are doing.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any.

4. 5.0

Great Work Env

Mar 25, 2022 - Senior Product Technical Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fellow workers are really friendly and will jump to occasion for any help you need. The driving force behind is to do good which is well built into the very core of the company.

Cons

None, as it have been a pleasure working here

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great people

Feb 11, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll see lots of different projects. People oriented culture. Great group of people

Cons

Moving from project to project can be disorienting if you want to be on something long term.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Thankful to be here!

Aug 16, 2021 - Senior Talent Acquisition Partner in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

A group of very intelligent and passionate folks that honestly CARE. Truly a culture of learning and thought leadership.

Cons

Just as many other growing firms experience, handful of growing pains. Transparency from Leadership is extremely beneficial as we continue to improve Stride.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

thing’s are improving very slowly

Apr 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance working to build management structure great people

Cons

Indecisive leadership recent attrition rigid non-compete slow to change / adapt business strategy isn’t applied beyond sales process

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Uninteresting work, low pay, subjective promotion process, great exit opportunities

Mar 17, 2021 - Software Engineer in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- really laid back work/life balance on some clients so enough time to work on personal projects - friendly team of engineers to learn from and pair with. Great engineering practices employed like pairing, review, agile - if you're interested in rails/react full-stack work, there's a lots of it. - exit opportunities are high. Lots of people leave to much higher pay and interesting work. - there is opportunity to learn a lot at the company. I've learned a lot here and am happy for all that I've learned from my peers.

Cons

- terrible pay compared to industry. Engineers seem to be paid 20-30% less than industry. There were people making less than 90k in tech in NYC, which is embarrassing for everyone involved. - lot of corporate speak to avoid the obvious questions and complaints - high turnover lately - no intention on paying more probably because the company's highest value is its own profit, despite a list of values. Consulting seems to be a business of maximizing that gap between employee pay and what clients pay for engineers and so there's pressure to keep salaries low. At least product companies pay its people fairly. - there has not been a promotion process for a year and the process itself is highly subjective, done by managers who have never worked with the engineer. It opens the door for favoritism and politics.

11 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to gain exposure to a range of technical stacks/skills

Feb 22, 2021 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rare opportunity to work at various top-rated companies across New York City and learn new technical stacks in the process. My experience at Stride allowed me to level up in a diverse skill set (e.g. DevOps as well as modern javascript frameworks) that isn't as easy to do when working on a single product team. Incredible group of co-workers who are a pleasure to work with and who care about technical excellence and about the success of the Stride/client team as a whole. Hands down the best group of people I've ever worked with.

Cons

Even with a supportive team of Stride devs, joining a client team as an outside consultant and adjusting to new culture, technical practices, etc can be challenging Stride does their best to allow developers to give input on where they are assigned but this is not always possible Because Stride teams embed with their clients, it is not a good fit for someone looking for a highly involved/consistent manager as who you work with day-to-day will change periodically when you switch clients

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible company for any self respecting engineer, from a old Strider

Oct 16, 2020 - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good people who are not management Some clients were great Stridees Onboarding Training developed by one of the principle consultants was great Some back office folks are really kind, others not so much

Cons

Disrespectful and disgraceful compensation for what they charge the clients 3 days of Sick Time (basically mandated by New York State, says a lot) They removed Stridees which were like community based award ceremonies based on the Core Values MASSIVE attrition rate Favoritism in promotions

8 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews

Stride Consulting Reviews FAQs

Stride Consulting has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 48 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Stride Consulting to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Stride Consulting employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Stride Consulting. This rating has improved by 13% over the last 12 months.

68% of Stride Consulting employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Stride Consulting 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Stride Consulting to be management, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be compensation, benefits.

Popular Careers with Stride Consulting Job Seekers