KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Stride Health CEO and  CoFounder Noah Lang
Noah Lang

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "As long as leadership continues to set clear expectations up front, it’s no worse than any other busy season.(in 3 reviews)
  • "This was often a result of 'too many cooks in the kitchen'....too many members of upper management giving their input (often very late in a project).(in 1 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing place to be..

Mar 30, 2022 - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Collaborative -Energetic group of diverse people -Great product -Company Wide Retreats -Monthly wellness stipend.

Cons

-Smaller company (if you find that to even be a con). -Quick moving tasks, very agile.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great place to kickstart career

Feb 13, 2022 - Member Experience Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, fantastic powerhouse HR team, leadership team committed to growing empathy and becoming better communicators

Cons

Low starting salary, teams that work the longest, most emotionally taxing hours get paid the least

3. 5.0

Amazing team!

Jan 12, 2022 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stride is truly a collaborative and people first company. Being a mission driven company thats making a direct impact to peoples lives is such a rewarding aspect. The team is filled with truly smart, dedicated and kind individuals. They make remote work fun and it feels like I know most of my coworkers so well , though I've never met them in person!

Cons

As most startups, things are shifting and moving quickly. Only advice is to build more time to do forward planning, assessments, and postmortems. This will help be more proactive.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I highly recommend Stride Health

Jan 2, 2022 - Mobile Engineering Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and the mission. Stride has one of the warmest, most supportive and capable groups of people I have ever had the fortune to work with. And they're all doing good work that has a significant and positive benefit for their fellow humans! Even though my tenure at Stride was brief (ending only to pursue an opportunity to follow my passion), I know they are poised and ready to have a major impact on the world. I highly recommend Stride as a place to work if you want to work with good people doing good things.

Cons

Due to the difficult hiring climate, there can be some times when resources limit the ability to tackle all the things all the time. I know progress is being made, and Stride is not the only startup suffering from this situation.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0

Poor leadership

Oct 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The majority of the team is very kind and helps each other. Remote work set up is great and supports people to be successful with stipend Mission driven company Lot of great perks

Cons

Engineering executive at Stride is rude, has poor communication habits and treats people she does not like unfairly. It was clear when she did not want to support you. This should be taken seriously and Stride should more hire engineering managers to support the team.

4 people found this review helpful

Stride Health Response

Thank you for leaving this review. While we’re happy to hear that you felt supported by the team and our mission, we’re sorry you felt you weren’t supported by your manager—thats certainly not how we want any of our teammates to feel. We’ll look into this, and we’re for sure taking your advice to hire more managers to support the team.

6. 1.0

"People First", but Not Really

Nov 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Helping real customers-in-need get health insurance in an easier to use application process. -The actual engineers doing the work are very friendly. -Obedience is rewarded with praise

Cons

-Terrible engineering management. People in management position who have no idea how to lead teams. -Executive management who you think are helping you, but will end up blaming you when things don't go well. -Big micromanagers. No, micromanagement is not the same as management -Obvious favoritism. If you're not a part of a "well-liked" list, you're screwed. -Engineering culture is toxic and is rooted at the top.

2 people found this review helpful

Stride Health Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re really sorry this wasn’t a great experience for you. While we don’t agree with many parts of your assessment—we’ve been hearing quite the opposite feedback from the majority of our engineering team—we’ll be sure to continue focusing on ways to improve the experience for every team member here at Stride. We wish you all the best in everything that’s ahead for you!

7. 5.0

Great Company - Even Better Coworkers

Sep 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Coworkers are all extremely smart and hardworking. Everyone lives and breathes Stride's mission of helping people. - Stride as a whole has done a great job of keeping the team close through remote work - There's no shortage of challenging work, yet it's super rewarding and motivating seeing direct impact from our work in the benefits market

Cons

There are definitely some growing pains, however everyone's great work ethic fills in the gaps when something does come up

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Company

Sep 2, 2021 - Member Experience Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Office and WFH Accommodations Friendly People

Cons

It is a small company and I was looking for other opportunities

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company with friendly staff!

Jun 18, 2021 - Scheduling Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

No complaints as a year-long employee. Remote position with plenty of support. Great pay, tedious duties but well compensated.

Cons

Job can be tedious, but what job can't?

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Growing team of skilled technologists solving benefits for the self-employed

Apr 12, 2021 - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing engineering team with super-strong leadership and big, interesting projects - Effectively capitalizing on expansion opportunities in 2021 in a big way - Really great teammates all around, the people there make the company hum - Solid mission - you WILL be solving problems for people who don't get benefits through their employers

Cons

- Not being in the office means you don't get to hang with the team as much. - Uncertain growth opportunity, could be huge could be just big depending on how the next year goes.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Reviews

Stride Health Reviews FAQs

Stride Health has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 42 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Stride Health to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Stride Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Stride Health. This rating has improved by 15% over the last 12 months.

83% of Stride Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Stride Health 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Stride Health to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Stride Health Job Seekers