Stride Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Stride CEO Becky Brown
Becky Brown

"Collaborative Work Environment"

I have been working at Stride full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company values input and feedback from all levels of the organization. I love knowing that my ideas are valued and sought after.

Cons

Working from home is great; I just need to remember to get up and out of the house from time to time. Danger of doing what you love!

Stride2018-08-30

"Shameful"

I worked at Stride full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Since the new owners took over, there are NO pros

Cons

Money hungry management with NO interest in their employees or their employees' futures. I am ashamed to have ever worked here

Advice to Management

Whenever you have the inclination to do something-do the opposite.

Stride2019-08-31
  3. "I love KYB!"

I have been working at Stride full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

KYB really values the input of staff, and values the effort of the entire team to service our clients. I love being able to draw upon the group to answer a clients question, as well as develop better ways to serve our client base.

Cons

Working at home can sometimes be challenging (i.e. getting out of your comfy pj pants), but it really allows me to focus on work and not commutting :).

Stride2018-08-21
  4. "Great Team!"

I have been working at Stride full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people here are great. Everyone is friendly, sharp, and hardworking. We always had opportunity for advancement and now we are in growth mode. Exciting!

Cons

Working at home is a blessing and a curse. I need to get outside more, but that's my own fault.

Stride2018-08-20

"Account Manager"

Account Manager

I worked at Stride

Pros

Flexible on number of hours per week worked. Excellent apps to help with productivity. Onboarding process relatively easy, step by step instructions are clearly written.

Cons

Very poor training to learn client nuances and the KYB way. Expectation is that you will be able to work at the speed of veteran employees within a week or two of starting. Mentor tells you that "you're doing great," "that's perfect" and leads you to believe you're doing a good job learning the system and out of the blue comes a phone call saying - "um, you're not a good fit". Seems like there should have been... some feedback as to where the shortcomings were or that there was some consideration given for learning what was expected. Totally blindsided on this one. Asked for details and was told "it was nothing you said or did, everyone liked you, it just was decided that you weren't going to work out and it was better to cut ties now before you started working directly with clients."

Advice to Management

Give feedback along the way, set the expectations and allow for a learning curve, especially for part time employees who don't have the benefit of seeing the entire picture of a client's books, only bits and pieces at a time. Be candid and honest when having conversations as to performance expectations and shortcomings.

Stride2017-05-31

"Great people, great company!"

I have been working at Stride full-time for less than a year

Pros

Someone is always available to help when you need it, working from home, awesome tools to help you get your work done and stay organized, good management

Cons

There are health plans but they are lower end

Advice to Management

Increase benefit levels to retain employees

Stride2015-07-28