Stript Wax Bar Reviews | Glassdoor

Katherine Goldman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Front Desk"

I worked at Stript Wax Bar part-time

Pros

Positive and supportive work environment. The owners want to help you grow and succeed in your role. Fun staff and clients!

Cons

It is hard to find and keep great employees in the beauty industry which results in employee turn over.

Advice to Management

Never lose your positive attitude and willingness to try new things. Good people are attracted to you because you are great!

"Get clients and go"

Former Employee - Esthetician in Oakland, CA

I worked at Stript Wax Bar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady clientele. Pay is ok.

Cons

Toxic management. Negative. Seen and heard employees get yelled at.

Advice to Management

Maybe hire more managers or an assistant. You can’t do everything on your own with so many locations. Maybe that will help you calm down and talk to employees like adults.

3. "Gain Experience to Move Forward"

Former Employee - Esthetician in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Esthetician in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Stript Wax Bar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

High traffic environment in some locations which means lots of clients on your books which is wonderful! Opportunity to learn new techniques. Cute, fun style.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate for front desk/scheduler positions which often leads to confusion, mistakes, and general inefficiency as a new hire becomes familiarized with system. Front-desk training seems inadequate even after it is complete (this is based only on observations of the same types of problems popping up across employees and locations). No real opportunity for growth/promotion (from an esthetician's perspective). Lack of consistent, effective communication from management. Resources spread too thin as owners pushed to open several additional locations at once. Several instances where employers displayed resistance, resentment, and delayed correcting mistakes made on employee paychecks.

Advice to Management

Create clear, effective communication channels and strategies. Own up to mistakes when they are made and avoid shaming people in response to speaking up. Ask for constructive feedback from your employees.

4. "Ultimate Flexibility"

Current Employee - Esthetician in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stript Wax Bar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stript Wax Bar is hands down the most flexible and pro esthetician workplace. Schedules can vary from a couple of shifts a week to full time and schedule changes are easy including unlimited time off. This is the best position I have ever held in the beauty industry and I really value my job here

Cons

parking can be challenging during the day but most locations are close to Bart

Advice to Management

keep supporting us so we can be the best at our job

5. "Don't Believe the Fake Reviews!"

Former Employee - Esthetician in Oakland, CA

I worked at Stript Wax Bar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free services.
    -Discounts on products.
    -Lots of free time.

Cons

-Horrible owners.
    -Runs out of supplies frequently.
    -Mean girls environment w/ employees; bullying, unreliable, petty, backstabbing liars.
    -Entitled clients that always get what they want even though they are usually wrong and money will be taken from your paycheck/service and back to them for the smallest reason.
    -Pay can be late.

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake reviews about this miserable business. Its so cringy!!!!!!!!!!!

6. "Stript reflection"

Current Employee - Esthetician in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Esthetician in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Stript Wax Bar part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for Stript include the competitive pay rate which is commission based. Which could be scary if you’re worried about not making any money because you don’t have the clientele, but they have a commission vs hourly pay system which ensures that you aren’t sitting around all day not making any money.
    Stript also allows you to have a flexible schedule allowing you to juggle the different demands in your life whether it be school or family or both.

Cons

One downside to Stript is that not all of its locations are easily accessible by public transportation but most of them are with a short walk.

7. "relaxed"

I have been working at Stript Wax Bar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not too overwhelming, easy access to everything.

Cons

struggling on supplies. Waxing supplies.

8. "Manager"

I have been working at Stript Wax Bar full-time

Pros

Very flexible with your schedule. Great owners who are hands on and available when you need them. Great place to work

Cons

Commuting to The Marina location can be challenging if you use public transportation.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

9. "Best Place I've Worked!"

I have been working at Stript Wax Bar full-time

Pros

I really can't say enough good things about Stript Wax Bar. Really positive work experience here compared to other places I've worked. I worked at a corporate waxing place before and this is so much better! They truly care about the estheticians and clients and providing a good experience instead of only caring about how many people they could get in the door. I also have to mention that everyone is really supportive...from front desk to management to estheticians, we all work well and respect each other. Oh and great work/life balance!

Cons

I know people have mentioned parking but I work the evening shift and just pay for two hours in the parking meter then its free after six.

Advice to Management

I think Management is doing a great job at this spot, very available and on site so you can always talk to them if needed.

10. "Team Stript"

Current Employee - Esthetician in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stript Wax Bar part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seriously some of the best people to work with in the industry. Everyone gets along well and supports one another, truly a dynamic team. Lots of professionals with years of experience so you work with some fun and knowledgeable people and get great tips from them. Also lots of services, not just waxing so mixes it up and makes the day go by faster. You are making people look and feel good all day, no better job than that!

Cons

Occasionally people will be in a bad mood because of a personal issue and bring it with them to work...Lets be professionals and always put on a happy face!

Advice to Management

Management communicates well and responds quickly. Thank you for your help and support, invaluable!