Strive Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 5, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great consulting company, great people" (in 9 reviews)

• "Strive has a great culture with core values that inspire people to learn, grow, and reach their potential" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are still growing pains to get worked out but it is also another 'Pro' to make an impact on the company" (in 14 reviews)

• "For now, this can be chalked up to growing pains, as Strive is still maturing in many ways" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Caring Company"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From day one, Strive employees have gone above and beyond to make me feel welcome and to truly integrate me into the company's culture. The company is growing quickly, which makes it such an exciting environment to be a part of. That being said, the office is still small enough that creating personal connections with many employees is easy. It has been a great experience so far, and I am looking forward to growing with the company!

Cons

None that I can think of

2. "Growing Company with a Family Feel"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership truly cares about their employees and the company! Employees of all levels have a chance to be involved and make a difference. Given the still growing nature of the company, it feels more like a (big) "family" environment as coworkers really care about each other. There is tons of room for growth and learning opportunities!

Cons

There are still some growing pains and priorities that need to get figured out. And there are times when certain decisions that are made don't seem to make sense to everyone - and it effects morale.

Advice to Management

Make sure the various departments are being treated equally as it sometimes seems certain areas are favored with "opportunities" over others.

Sep 10, 2018 – Executive Director, Corporate Operations

Hello,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At Strive, it is very important for us to continually cultivate a great culture and I am excited to hear that your... More

3. "Recruiting and Talent Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time

Pros

Strive has made a huge impact on my career in such a positive way. Working beside genuine, smart, and caring colleagues has been a huge driving force for me and my professional development.

Cons

Fast paced environment can be a challenge for those who aren't willing to hit the ground running.

4. "dishoneste and fake promise"

Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Strive Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

only friendly hiring team

Cons

nothing is promised. don't believe anything they say, only written!

Aug 30, 2018 – CEO

My name is Ron Rother and I am the CEO and Founder of Strive. At Strive, we value the feedback we receive and we are always looking to improve. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you... More

5. "Promising Company"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time

Pros

Excellent culture and great people.

Cons

Identity crisis between consulting firm vs staffing firm

6. "Great company with an exciting future"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time

Pros

Great career move and a great company.

The people at Strive are smart, enthusiastic, energized and genuinely willing and able to help answer questions and solve challenges -- both internally and for their clients.

A lot of care is taken in the recruiting process and consultant engagement process to make sure we are maintaining our culture and service quality as we grow and expand our services.

There is great opportunity for all at Strive to help shape the future of the company and contribute to that path forward.

Cons

None noted at this time

Advice to Management

Continue to be mindful as we grow to maintain the culture that has so carefully been set and to learn from every step. It will serve us well.

7. "Glassdoor Review"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, People, People, Atmosphere, Culture! Great company with unbelievable potential. Very grounded individuals that are motivated to succeed and push one another to meet and achieve Strive excellence.

Cons

Unrealistic KPI's take away from the authentic connection Strive encourages to make with their qualified candidates. Training could be more refined.

Advice to Management

Seek out other motivation tactics. "Monthly" weekly spread totals group goals, random individual Recruiter/AE weekly close prize, things that will keep everyone hustling in a positive manner.

"Recruiting"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Strive Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Down to earth people, decent pay, sweet office right downtown

Cons

Identity issues with who we are and who we want to be. Management creates unrealistic goals and doesn't apply feedback well. Expect to see other people leaving there soon

Advice to Management

Listen to your recruiters and make your presence known more throughout the office. It's one thing to be a small company and to work directly with the execs to implement change. It's another thing to have execs who are rarely in the office, stay in their office, and only pop out when they have bad news or an annoucement. The company is too small for all the politics

Jun 25, 2018 – CEO

Hello,

My name is Ron Rother and I am the CEO and Founder of Strive. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our goal is to provide all employees with a positive experience during... More

9. "Awesome Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Strive has a great culture with core values that inspire people to learn, grow, and reach their potential. The environment is collaborative, fun, tight-knit, and people want their coworkers to succeed. Senior leadership is very approachable and has an open-door policy. They genuinely care about their employees, making Strive a great place, and want everyone to reach their professional and personal goals. The culture at Strive makes it a fun place to come to work every day.

Cons

No cons at the moment

10. "Great, and professional company to work for!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing and helpful people
    Fun work environment
    Challenging and rewarding work daily
    Strive X(an awesome extra curricular with the employees, doing fun team bonding things outside of the office)

Cons

Sometimes the work will force you to have to work through lunch or stay a little later than normal

Advice to Management

more Dice accounts