Strive Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 19, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great consulting company, great people" (in 9 reviews)

• "Strive has a great culture with core values that inspire people to learn, grow, and reach their potential" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are still growing pains to get worked out but it is also another 'Pro' to make an impact on the company" (in 13 reviews)

• "For now, this can be chalked up to growing pains, as Strive is still maturing in many ways" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Decision I've Made"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time

Pros

Starting at the top, Strive is led by partners and executives who care truly about doing right by all people in the company. This dedication manifests itself in continuous opportunity for personal, professional, and financial growth for each employee - and I believe is the main reason we continue to attract and retain such amazing talent.

Cons

Being a rapidly growing organization, leadership can be pulled in a lot of directions and can be understandably stretched thin at times. Support and guidance is always available, but it employees sometimes have to be proactive to get it.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and develop future leaders.

2. "Great company with an exciting future"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time

Pros

Great career move and a great company.

The people at Strive are smart, enthusiastic, energized and genuinely willing and able to help answer questions and solve challenges -- both internally and for their clients.

A lot of care is taken in the recruiting process and consultant engagement process to make sure we are maintaining our culture and service quality as we grow and expand our services.

There is great opportunity for all at Strive to help shape the future of the company and contribute to that path forward.

Cons

None noted at this time

Advice to Management

Continue to be mindful as we grow to maintain the culture that has so carefully been set and to learn from every step. It will serve us well.

3. "Recruiting"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Strive Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Down to earth people, decent pay, sweet office right downtown

Cons

Identity issues with who we are and who we want to be. Management creates unrealistic goals and doesn't apply feedback well. Expect to see other people leaving there soon

Advice to Management

Listen to your recruiters and make your presence known more throughout the office. It's one thing to be a small company and to work directly with the execs to implement change. It's another thing to have execs who are rarely in the office, stay in their office, and only pop out when they have bad news or an annoucement. The company is too small for all the politics

4. "Awesome Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Strive has a great culture with core values that inspire people to learn, grow, and reach their potential. The environment is collaborative, fun, tight-knit, and people want their coworkers to succeed. Senior leadership is very approachable and has an open-door policy. They genuinely care about their employees, making Strive a great place, and want everyone to reach their professional and personal goals. The culture at Strive makes it a fun place to come to work every day.

Cons

No cons at the moment

5. "Great, and professional company to work for!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing and helpful people
    Fun work environment
    Challenging and rewarding work daily
    Strive X(an awesome extra curricular with the employees, doing fun team bonding things outside of the office)

Cons

Sometimes the work will force you to have to work through lunch or stay a little later than normal

Advice to Management

more Dice accounts

6. "Excellent Atmosphere with Energetic, Smart, and Fun People!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are fantastic. It is a real all-hands-on-deck atmosphere where people are eager to work together and help each other out across disciplines.

Cons

I am new in my role, but I really can't say there are any cons to being at Strive.

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time

Pros

There is a great amount of potential at Strive. Potential for growth, to make a real impact, and to genuinely enjoy what you do. Leadership are extremely supportive in making sure that everyone on the team has what they need to be successful.

Cons

The start-up like environment can be intimidating to some. You need to be self motivated and ready to make things happen for yourself with guidance and support available if you need it.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in training and professional development to further grow an already bright talented group.

"Very Temporary"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Strive Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

I was contracted to a large and well known company with a friendly work environment. The skills I learned while working for Strive are very applicable to the next step in my career path.

Cons

Basically a temp agency. Misleading company description as a "consulting" firm but simply just deploys people to medial tasks for a limited time-frame.

Advice to Management

Make your job description more accurate.

Strive Consulting Response

Dec 4, 2017 – CEO

Hello, My name is Ron Rother and I am the CEO & Founder here at Strive. I do appreciate you taking the time to write both your pros and cons of your time here as we are always looking to improve. I... More

9. "Employee"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time

Pros

Great workplace, great culture, great people. I've been employed in several industries and companies - Strive empowers and encourages where others have fallen short. The company has hired great management and has set amazing goals for growth that I have no doubt will be achieved.

Cons

No significant cons to report.

"Set up for Success!"

Current Employee - Recruiting and Talent Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiting and Talent Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being new to this industry, my biggest fear in joining the team was that I wouldn't have any idea what I should be doing and would fail. My training process was so thorough, it honestly eliminated almost all of my fears. All of my coworkers shared advice and strategy with me and helped me each step of the way, in process and organization. I have really feel so well supported! The company as a whole breads great culture, everyone cheers and encourages everyone.

Cons

I don't really have any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue in the education and training process. I've really enjoyed the "lunch and learns" I've attended.