Strive Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Brian Ganser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Growing company has it's growing pains - but management is bringing aboard great leaders to help ease this transition" (in 15 reviews)

• "Continue to build on our success and stay true to the culture and core values as we continue to grow" (in 2 reviews)

1. "High Priority on Individual Career Growth"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time

Pros

Accessibility to Co-Workers and Senior Management is excellent working here. I never feel like I can't resolve any potential issues or have my opinions heard from anyone in the office. Everyone here is aligned towards accomplishing big, yet realistic goals. The work-life balance is pretty good. I have yet to feel burned out or exhausted from work. The biggest pro is being able to meet with every candidate we work with and building a rapport with them. In doing this, I have acquired an immense amount of knowledge about the IT industry that has become invaluable for my career.

Cons

I don't think I've worked here long enough to see an ongoing negative. All potential negatives have been addressed and improved over the course of my tenure with Strive.

2. "Great place to work that listens to its employees"

Current Employee - Manager, Talent and Recruitment in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management regularly asks what improvements can be done and then actually implements them in a timely fashion. Very understanding when life events pop up and don't make you feel less when they do. Unlimited PTO, flexible hours, honesty throughout all levels, and restructured commission plan that is more beneficial to recruiters makes this place a definite to work at.

Cons

Wished I had found this place earlier in my career.

Advice to Management

Keep sending out employee surveys. Professional Development program will only strengthen already strong company.

3. "Job Satisfaction"

Current Employee - Manager, Talent and Recruitment in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Strive Consulting (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strive has a lot of Pros but there are a few that stand out to me the most.

- Culture
    - Leadership
    - Flexibility
    - Growth

All listed above is what makes Strive a top contender in the market - with that comes great talent and a work environment people truly want to be a part of. The culture is not so simple to put into words, but impactful is a word that comes to mind. Leadership has created an environment where people feel like they have a voice, everyone holds each other accountable, and we all treat each other like we would our own family. In addition, leaders are transparent and genuine, which makes it an all around much more enjoyable place to be. We work hard, we contribute to the community, and we have plenty of fun. When life happens there's never an issue around schedule and as long as time isn't abused, you can always use it as needed, regardless if work related or not. Lastly, growth is inevitable when every single employee is on the same page, with a mission to build something great.

Cons

More collaboration across markets, can feel a bit segregated at times

More Training/Conferences and Professional Development investment is an area for improvement

4. "Good place but a few issues"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is pretty good here. The employees are really awesome. For the most part execs are approachable..

Cons

At times Strive feels very unprofessional compared to most places I've worked. Lack of structure is a major issue.

Advice to Management

Treat consultants like consultants and not staff aug

5. "Great company, great environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Results focused growth firm, great professional development opportunities, meaningful work that clients truly appreciate, and leaders I trust

Cons

A few growing pains, but everyone is bought in and works together to overcome challenges

Advice to Management

Set high goals and insist on a culture of accountability and collaboration. One Strive!

6. "Awesome place to work! Genuinely cares about employees!"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the Strive team has been such a blessing. I am surrounded by motivated, genuine, successful people! Management truly cares about their employees and there's tons of room for growth opportunities within the company.

Cons

KPI's can be unrealistic at times and it can be hard to manage work/life balance but they truly are in place for employee's to do their best and meet their potential.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

7. "Caring Company"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From day one, Strive employees have gone above and beyond to make me feel welcome and to truly integrate me into the company's culture. The company is growing quickly, which makes it such an exciting environment to be a part of. That being said, the office is still small enough that creating personal connections with many employees is easy. It has been a great experience so far, and I am looking forward to growing with the company!

Cons

None that I can think of

8. "Growing Company with a Family Feel"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership truly cares about their employees and the company! Employees of all levels have a chance to be involved and make a difference. Given the still growing nature of the company, it feels more like a (big) "family" environment as coworkers really care about each other. There is tons of room for growth and learning opportunities!

Cons

There are still some growing pains and priorities that need to get figured out. And there are times when certain decisions that are made don't seem to make sense to everyone - and it effects morale.

Advice to Management

Make sure the various departments are being treated equally as it sometimes seems certain areas are favored with "opportunities" over others.

Strive Consulting Response

Sep 10, 2018 – Executive Director, Corporate Operations

Hello,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At Strive, it is very important for us to continually cultivate a great culture and I am excited to hear that your... More

"dishoneste and fake promise"

Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Strive Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

only friendly hiring team

Cons

nothing is promised. don't believe anything they say, only written!

Strive Consulting Response

Aug 30, 2018 – CEO

My name is Ron Rother and I am the CEO and Founder of Strive. At Strive, we value the feedback we receive and we are always looking to improve. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you... More

10. "Promising Company"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time

Pros

Excellent culture and great people.

Cons

Identity crisis between consulting firm vs staffing firm