Strive Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Ron Rother

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Lots of great people in all of the different roles (in 5 reviews)

• I have worked at Strive Consulting for over 4 years and I hope to spend the rest of my career with Strive (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing company has it's growing pains - but management is bringing aboard great leaders to help ease this transition (in 9 reviews)

• Every company has its ups and downs (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Decision I've Made"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time

Pros

Starting at the top, Strive is led by partners and executives who care truly about doing right by all people in the company. This dedication manifests itself in continuous opportunity for personal, professional, and financial growth for each employee - and I believe is the main reason we continue to attract and retain such amazing talent.

Cons

Being a rapidly growing organization, leadership can be pulled in a lot of directions and can be understandably stretched thin at times. Support and guidance is always available, but it employees sometimes have to be proactive to get it.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and develop future leaders.

2. "Growth!"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time

Pros

Strive honestly cares about their employees and their input and goals.

Cons

The dress code could be a little more casual, but I'm nitpicking to find a con here.

3. "Great Growth Opportunities"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time

Pros

Strive Consulting is comprised of absolutely top notch folks. Not only great at they do but more importantly great people. The culture is one wherein people are here to help each other out in any situation. Very transparent and encouraging culture that cares a great deal about exceeding customer expectations.

Cons

Bit frantic at times with all of the growth.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your core values and life will be good!

4. "The best place I've ever worked!"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Strive for almost four years and hope to be with them many more. From the top down people care about each other. The executives know the team members and truly listen to their input. Over my time with the company benefits have improved considerably based on input from employees.

I enjoy that the company is small and growing but not too small that we face other challenges such as employment uncertainty. The executive team is very thoughtful about how fast they grow so as not to put the company at risk.

The talented individuals that are part of company are always willing to help or educate which makes it interesting for me. As a group - it's an amazing group of people representing some of the strongest people in the industry!

From a career growth perspective, management listens to what your career goals are and coach you to enhance your role in a path that works for you.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE working here and because of all the pros, it's hard to ever think about leaving.

Cons

Since the company is growing, sometimes it seems things come slower than you'd want.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your people - to me this is what sets you apart!

5. "Great company!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great - leadership and all of the staff works together. There is lots of energy and folks are motivated to get the job done. Great teamwork and I appreciate the leadership.

Cons

There are a few comments on growing pains. While there is some truth to it, I look at it as a good problem to have and it will make the team even stronger as new processes are established.

6. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior leadership is incredibly supportive and willing to do what it takes to make sure you have everything you need to be successful. They truly invest in their people. We have Strive events set up often to show appreciation for employees. Fun work environment, very team oriented. Room for career growth down the line. Unlimited PTO.

Cons

No flexibility to work from home.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

7. "Keep up the continued growth and focus of building more consulting opportunities"

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strive is a company that is continuing it's transition from an IT staffing organization to a Business-Technology Consulting focused organization. With that comes a lot of challenges and opportunities to build out things in the right way. This is a pro only if you have the "builder" mentality and want to be a part of it. When you join Strive you really become a part of the "Strive Family" and are welcomed into a friendly, growth oriented culture that will have your back.

Cons

This goes back to the pro but if you expect to have everything laid out for you in terms of operations/process, the opportunity is there to build it but not everything is in place.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on delivering excellent results to your clients along with more strategic type work.

8. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very strong and process oriented recruiting team.
    Opportunity for growth
    Recognition on achievements and success
    Very reachable spread bonuses, office bonuses and annual trip.
    Hands on Executive leadership
    Great medical Benefits, PTO, and 401k matching (I have never seen this in the industry)

Cons

A little too process driven at times.

Advice to Management

N/A

9. "Strive puts the premium on employee growth"

Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Strive for about three years and have been part of the evolution in to what we are today. In a saturated consulting market like Chicago, Strive continues to stand out in reputation at our clients, not only because of the caliber of talent but more importantly because of the people, their passion and their representation of Strive's core values.

Senior leaders at Strive recognize the importance of personal growth of each employee and how that can lend itself to organic growth as a company. The outcome of this is a strong support system with continuous feedback and individual attention to everyone that joins the company.

We celebrate our victories, share credit and uplift each other.

Cons

Strive is not perfect and there are growing pains.

There is awareness to what we do well and where growth is needed. But more importantly, there is an insatiable appetite for getting better at everything we do.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great people and continue to encourage feedback from employees

10. "Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Strive Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Truly an awesome place to work. The reviews speak for themselves.

Your voice is truly heard here. Upper management and the leadership team truly value other’s ideas and opinions. The leadership team is extremely passionate about Strive and where they see this organization going. It's inspiring to watch and be a part of.

Every day I am constantly stunned by the amount of intelligence that surrounds me. From the leadership team, to watching the consultant’s nuts and bolts turn as they work out a problem, it is amazing to feel so valued by such bright people.

Everyone around you is constantly there to help you and push you to your fullest potential. I have never felt more welcomed in my first few weeks at a new company than I did here at Strive. I would recommend this organization to anyone in any field, not just my own.

Cons

Not necessarily a cone- I know I do not view it as one, but… this is a young company that is growing like crazy. With growth comes process changes, which can succeed or fail and sometimes end up going back to the original. If that is not something that you are comfortable with, then this might not be the place for you. If you view growth as an opportunity and changing the status quo as a challenge, then you’d fit right in.