Stroz Friedberg Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael Patsalos-Fox

1. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good exposure to high profile cases. Good benefits.

Cons

There can be a good amount of down time when there are limited cases. Unclear promotion track.

2. "Due Diligence Analyst"

I worked at Stroz Friedberg full-time

Pros

Collegial work environment, good compensation/benefits package, quick time to promotion generally (depending on performance). The New York DDSR team is pretty close-knit. Intelligent colleagues

Cons

Feels very big and clunky for a company of its size. The work can be quite repetitive, and there is not much room for professional growth, at least in the DDSR department -- even when you get promoted, you are mostly doing the same type of work as you were doing before. Seems like the company is trying to build out other capabilities especially in London, but the NY caseload is very heavily fast turn-around due diligence for compliance firms with minimal pre-investment DD or political risk work. Will be interesting to see how the firms priorities evolve in this regard now that they're being acquired by Aon. Seems that the academic backgrounds of the due diligence folks are to some degree wasted by only having them do routine due diligence work rather than more complicated investigations (which are also more lucrative)

Advice to Management

Given where they are placed in the market, I think they're doing a very good job.

3. "Great Company!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Stroz Friedberg full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

On the job learning environment and great people. Interesting and varied work.

Cons

Some work flow issues with projects between upper and middle management.

Advice to Management

Listen to your lower tier employees about their concerns and issues.

5. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The extremely professional and capable staff facilitates professional development and exposure to various skill sets. Good people who do good work.

Cons

In comparison to some of the big public accounting and law firms in the city, SF can have a small company feel that lends itself to some downsides, such as limited professional advancement.

Advice to Management

The review process should occur quarterly rather than annually. It is hard to tell what management it thinking about your work product other than a "good job."

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Stroz Friedberg for nearly a year. The benefits are amazing compared to other places I've worked. The firm does great, exciting, and important work for its clients. Our office in Chicago is on the smaller side but it's a great group of individuals and we have fun even when working hard.

Staff and management are empowered to make change more than I've seen at other companies. If you are able to clearly articulate your ideas you could inspire change within the firm!

Cons

I'm being nitpicky here but the time keeping system for non-billable employees is slightly annoying.

Advice to Management

Stay the course!

"Boutique firm with wishful growth plans"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Stroz Friedberg (Less than a year)

Pros

The firm has interesting and diverse clientele, and allows for perfectionism. Colleagues are hugely self-motivated.

Cons

This is primarily a legal services firm; technologists beware! This sort of consulting is not conducive to feeling you've done something constructive, creative, or impactful.

Advice to Management

Invest in planning/tracking systems that enhance productivity rather than frustrate it.

"Good training for beginner"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

Pros

The Forensic Associate program provides good training for someone entering the field

Cons

Occasionally long, but unpredictable hours

Advice to Management

Don't leave corporate communications to the HR department.

9. "Good industry, fast-paced, busy"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg (More than a year)

Pros

Right industry to be in, great benefits and pay, fast-paced office. Innovative professional services, and ability to learn the industry is easy

Cons

Satellite offices can be very stressful because of the separation mentality and some executives have egos with titles and positions.

"Disorganized; Big company feel in a small workplace"

Former Employee - Security Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Stroz Friedberg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Some travel
    * Benefits decent
    * WLB is good if you draw boundaries early (could say the same for any job, though.)

Cons

* No upward mobility.
    * Below-market salary.
    * People are too concerned about making themselves look good than actually producing a solid product.
    * Disorganized, no clear direction.
    * Feedback irregular, inconsistent, and occasionally dishonest
    * Odd culture. It was run as if it was a big finance company, but it's fairly small. This I think resulted in stagnation where there should've been flexibility and innovation.

Advice to Management

Stop choke-holding your technical talent. Rethink approach to client engagements.

"Stroz-Friedberg EDG - we are okay about being okay at what we do."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Stroz Friedberg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are good overall. Nice bunch of people to work with. Appropriate work load.

Cons

Ignore the SF management propaganda just below this post. When I was employed at SF the president of EDG personally was involved in responding to negatively perceived Glassdoor reviews.
    So, back to EDG: Management is WAY over their heads regarding their technical acumen. Lots of C-grade talent in a business that requires A-grade to grow. If you like working with technology circa 1995 by all means go.
    Careerwise, nowhere to go in the organization. They love hiring outside mediocre talent for management positions. In my years there, not a single management position was filled internally.

Advice to Management

Stop talking business amongst yourselves and start talking technology with the developers and processors. Your business needs to use modern technology not a bunch of winform apps and spreadsheets.