Stroz Friedberg Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Jason Hogg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Warm environment, good people to work with (in 5 reviews)

• With that said, your work life balance will vary greatly depending on your office (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's very easy to get wrapped up in the work here and stay for long hours, which may be difficult for some (in 5 reviews)

• No culture to take pride of, boring, uncreative work gets passed on the west coast offices, senior management unable to retain good people (in 2 reviews)

1. "Rapidly growing firm at the top of the security and investigations industry"

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prestigious firm at the top of the industry, small and cohesive organization with the ability to advance and expand skill set quickly, smart colleagues, exposure to senior executives, high profile clientele and above all else, interesting work

Cons

The firm seems to be continously working towards making Stroz Friedberg an employer of choice by implementing new programs and benefits, which impresses me for an organization of this size so no major complaints.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the level of transparency that has always existed in the firm as we grow in size and number of locations.

2. "I've been at Stroz Friedberg for over a year!"

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stroz Friedberg has an excellent source of resources for any information that you'll need. Our employees are extremely bright and knowledgeable in their fields. The employees at Stroz Friedberg get along really well and have really great working relationships. Stroz Friedberg provides employees with extensive benefits and is always looking to improve!

Cons

I appreciate the fact that Stroz Friedberg is always improving and advancing with changes in the industry.

Advice to Management

Advice I would share with Management is to have more communication with employees.

"Incredible opportunities for growth for dedicated and driven people who are energized by challenging work."

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg full-time

Pros

The people are by far one of the best things about working here. They truly care about the quality of their work and working in support of the company's commitment to helping clients in their most difficult moments. Many of the firm's senior leaders have incredibly inspiring careers and I take pride in working for a firm that is able to attract such accomplished individuals. The firm's rapid expansion into new service lines and regions has also presented exciting opportunities that I never expected to experience at this stage of my career.

Cons

The work can be challenging and the nature of the business can present inconveniences in trying to balance your personal life. That being said, there is no place better for someone who wants to work in an entrepreneurial environment with some of the most thoughtful, creative, and intelligent individuals in the industry.

Advice to Management

The rate of our growth has created a need for more frequent and direct communications from the firm's leadership.

4. "Full-Time Employee Thoughts"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers employees great learning opportunities, a diverse and mixed culture, a group of well rounded professionals with experieince and expertise in many areas

Cons

If you are a dedicated and driven professiona it is very easy to get caught up in your work and put in long work hours

Advice to Management

Management can offer more direct communication to employees throughout the firm

5. "A place to meet challenges head on and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Camaraderie: Coming from working for very large companies, I really appreciate the fact that Stroz Friedberg has maintained its start-up feel in a lot of ways. Additionally, the founder, Ed Stroz, makes a real effort to not only know everyone's ones, but also to initiate conversations throughout the office with all levels.
    -Willingness to change/adapt for the most part
    -Opportunity for growth
    -Honesty in company-wide meetings
    -Expertise of leadership--> Best minds/experience in the field.
    -Never a dull moment!

Cons

-There can be breakdowns in communication between departments.
    -Communication within certain departments is not always clear/effective.

Advice to Management

-Facilitate team building and better communication between and within departments.
    -Conspicuously promote "we are a single firm" through example.

"It’s a great time to join Stroz Friedberg!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently started with Stroz Friedberg, and so far my experience has been better than any other company I’ve entered. My team took the time to onboard and train me, and I have felt supported every step of the way. Stroz Friedberg is a leader in its industries and the exposure the firm gives employees, due to its size and cutting edge nature, is unique.

Cons

The firm is looking for the best and brightest, so the recruiting process is selective.

Advice to Management

We are all passionate about our firm, keep us involved, we want to be part of Stroz Friedberg's growth!

"Strong, growing company at the top of the investigative industry"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stroz Friedberg is a young, growing company that is an industry leader in a number of fields. Employees are intelligent and dedicated to producing a high quality work product for their clients. Strong culture that promotes work/life balance for their employees.

Cons

Hiring process can be selective as they are looking for strong talent.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees

8. "Growing and Dynamic Firm"

Pros

- We work on high-profile and complex matters. It makes coming to work exciting every day!
    - The team of experts is unparalleled. I am constantly learning from my colleagues.
    - The firm is expanding in all service lines and capturing new market share globally.
    - Morale is high and collaboration is encouraged.

Cons

The firm is growing and the adjustment is underway but the end-goal is exciting and worth the ride.

Advice to Management

Keep fueling growth and change. We are expanding our reach and earning the trust of new clients every day.

"Excellent People"

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg full-time

Pros

Having a team of people to work with with incredibly deep knowledge in many different areas of digital forensics and incident response is what really sets Stroz Friedberg apart for me. Also the fact that this company was built around digital forensics means all the company policies, equipment, and training were made with forensics in mind.

Cons

The only con I have found at Stroz Friedberg is the same at any consulting shop; you work as a consultant, when ever and where ever a client needs you. Stroz Friedberg does a pretty good job of supporting its people and getting you the help you need, but it is still consulting. Some people love that; some do not. I happen to love it.

"Great place to work."

I have been working at Stroz Friedberg (More than 8 years)

Pros

Demands the best out of their employees, and does their best to build from within. Stroz will make you a better employee, without a doubt. Stay the course, and work efficient. Benefits are top of the line - especially health insurance.

Cons

Work life balance is a little rough, but huge steps have been made. Non-billable employees are a bit undervalued, but they are working on it.