Stryker Reviews | Glassdoor

1,346 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,346 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Stryker is a very successful company with great work life balance (in 99 reviews)

• Great company to work for with great people (in 78 reviews)

Cons

"Not organized, too many favorites,"

Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people and 401k plan is nice, the 2 weeks vacation and 5 day pto is also good to start with

Cons

Below average pay, gotta be in the clique to be successful. Pay is the same no matter difficulty of job

Advice to Management

Raise pay to compete with fortune 500 companies, and learn to separate work and home friendships

2. "Room to Improve"

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

Company has consistent growth, very ethical with business practices. Employees are challenged to do better. Flexible with working hours. People truly care about each other.

Cons

Very political; it is who you know and what you can contribute to get to the next level. This scenario is more rampant in some departments. Pay is not competitive within the valley.

Advice to Management

Please review your employee retention policies. Employees leave not because of the company but because of their manager.

"Be careful of those climbing the golden ladder!"

Former Employee - Sourcing Manager in Flower Mound, TX
    Former Employee - Sourcing Manager in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at Stryker full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Great coworkers. Pretty good atmosphere and group of people to work with. They have regular times to relax and unwind with happy hours, bbqs and other events.

Cons

There are certain people (same goes for most businesses) that know how to get promotions (notice how I didn't say earn promotions). These 20 something year olds do not have experience outside of Stryker and think they are the masters of the universe when they really have no clue what they're doing. Beware of them! If you have a choice, go to a group that is not run by said people and your career will thank you for it.

Advice to Management

Don't promote youth over experience. It's the quickest way to lose talent. Be mindful of the number of people leaving certain groups and realize that people don't leave jobs, they leave managers!

4. "A great company that has lost its soul"

I worked at Stryker (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic company with a great history of innovation and achievement. True talent-based culture. Making a difference in the lives of surgeons and patients.

Cons

The company has lost its soul by shifting its center of gravity from Michigan to New Jersey. Many of the best people, who built the company, have been dumped for "shiny" New Jersey talent. In a few years, Stryker will be no different from any other company in orthopedics, which is a real loss for the industry.

5. "PMO Consulting"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Stryker (Less than a year)

Pros

There are teams for which is great to work for .

Cons

I did not work there long enough to be able to say anything

6. "Onsite specialist"

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

Good opportunity for advancement

Cons

Hours aren't consistent and can have long days

7. "Procare"

Pros

good company to grow with

Cons

very competitive due to its reputation

8. "Couldn't be happier"

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

Interesting work
    Easy to learn
    Great company
    Amazing benefits

Cons

Not much I could find.

"A Good Fit After 13 Years"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Electrical Engineer in Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Electrical Engineer in Portage, MI

I have been working at Stryker full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stryker empowers its Engineers. Stryker employs top talent, so there is always someone to learn from. Stryker is a very successful company with great work life balance.

Cons

Personalities are very similar to one another, if you don't have that personality it may be hard to feel like you fit in.

Advice to Management

None, I am very impressed with my experience at Stryker... my manager is the most competent manager I have ever had.

"Field service engineer"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Litl America, WY
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Litl America, WY

I have been working at Stryker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stryker just acquired physio. General sense that things will get better. Work from home. Make my own schedule. A lot of good outlook as far as my job goes as negated by the force that plagues field service by the umbrella of upper management (DL) .

Cons

Upper mgmt has no concept of keeping customers happy or the time it takes to complete administration duties. Job cretiq is basically pulled from online matrix that has no real reflection of what really goes on in the day to day work environment of a field service employee that keeps customers renewing contract and staying loyal to physio. Physio will lose customers if they keep pushing customer service and their field service staff to the curb. Moral in the field is at an all time low. People leaving for better opportunities and good for them. Step it up physio. Let's get (DLs) mind set out of here. These people have given you 30 plus years and you're telling them they should aclimate. Stryker save us please.

Advice to Management

Let's do away with Dominic and let me work under the procare managers that the Stryker employees I meet in the field praise so much. There is a huge difference in the way the physio techs and the procare techs are treated. It's obvious from my communication with stryker guys in the field. They are happy and motivated. I would like the same.

Showing 1,346 of 1,479 reviews