StubHub Reviews | Glassdoor

StubHub Reviews

Updated May 19, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Working in LMS can make work-life balance hard to handle because of the 7 day work week scheduling (in 15 reviews)

• Pro: Leadership team is aware and making updates where possible (in 13 reviews)

"Fun entertainment/sports based company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at StubHub (More than a year)

Pros

The customer relations department was a very relaxed and hard working group of folks. Life and work balance was very positive as I was able to request time off on the rare occasion to travel on a weekend. Team building outings to SF Giants games from time to time.

Cons

Sodas were free from vending machines on a few floors except the upper floors for whatever reason. Not a negative, just an odd observation. External tech support where we had to contact a team outside of our immediate office/building tends to be slow, but not a major issue. Wished there were more opportunities to stay on board for contractors.

"Positive change but more needed, technology overhaul"

I have been working at StubHub full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great new President moving this company forward with great management and culture.
    StubHub is a great place to work and in many pockets the teams are passionate and driven
    Pay, Stock, and Benefits

Cons

Technology leadership needs a overhaul.
    We don't have a CTO and the new leaders are not in tune with the issues in technology specially Engineering, Product, QA and PMO.

Too many fake leaders that have little management experience and have been over promoted with the wrong reasons.

Too many projects are delivered with tech-debt. We continue to reward teams that deliver big projects even when there is short-cuts and significant tech-debt included.

Native team does whatever they want and don't work across the org. They think they are above the rest and bully everyone.

There are engineering leaders that continue to speak in big meetings about how great there team is and how we should change; but then they do nothing and just talk big for self credit

Advice to Management

Don't over promote leaders in technology. There are too many that are junior that have moved to management for the wrong reasons.

PMO is a mess and the company continues to lack a proper understood process and understanding. There is absolutely no organization or project management in this team and it starts from the leader who has no experience.

Invest more in your individual contributors.

"Winds of change...and for the better!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at StubHub full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Double-digit growth
    - President Scott Cutler is taking SH to the next level
    - Bad apples are shaking out
    - Pay is great

Cons

- Leadership team still gelling
    - so many things to do!
    - Bad Apples can't leave soon enough

Advice to Management

- Continue to learn to work together
    - If you're not part of the solution, you need to find another job
    - Shake out the bad apples sooner; we're tired of the whining!
    - Stay the Course!
    - Continue to get involved with all levels of the org
    - Don't listen to the nay-sayers - We believe in you!
    - Take some time to smell the roses (Cutler works night and day); have fun!
    - Keep driving the culture of ownership
    - Keep driving change and reward the drivers!
    - Consider upgrades in personnel where needed; it's time to evolve

5. "Product is very interesting"

Former Employee - Software Quality Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Quality Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Very interesting product, very intensive project flow

Cons

culture might be better, team building needs to be done frequently.

"The right time to work at StubHub"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at StubHub (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great President "Scott", it is all about execution.
    Very creative marketing leadership especially Jennifer.
    Scott and Jennifer are taking StubHub to a different level.
    Scott building great partnerships, lots of clean up inside SH, and very rewarding financial results.
    The right time to be working for StubHub.
     Scott, Jennifer, and many of great talent in the Technology team making us proud to be Stubbers.
    Few names to say thank you to: Hemant, Nitin, Marty and all his team especially his rockstar (the DBA team, Tushar and the NOC)

Cons

Few negative employees who are incapable of seeing the big picture and instead, they complain about small things.
    Here is a little advice to them:
    If you cannot be a stubber, love StubHub, love the fans, and love what you do, then go get another job and stop impacting the real stubbers who loves to be part of SH.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing:
    Taking StubHub to the next level
    Continue cleaning up the dead bodies (just few to go) and keep appreciating the right talent.

"Lots of Transition"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at StubHub (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome people
    Fun work environment
    Cool product

Cons

4 managers in less than one year
    No real leadership
    No career growth

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees who are passionate and dedicated.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at StubHub full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, fun atmosphere, full of passionate fans of sports, theatre and music. Everyone I interact with uses the site a lot and truly has the fan experience at heart - really refreshing to see that not all decisions are made based on the bottom line. Great salary and benefits.

Cons

With so many great ideas, the initiative prioritization process could use some work. The execs are a bit disconnected from the day-to-day, which is a challenge.

Advice to Management

Allow middle management to effect change themselves vs everything being decided by the Leadership Team with little to no rationale or discourse with the rest of the Company. This can lead to employees becoming jaded and disengaged.

"Not awful but not something I expect to be doing for much longer"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in East Granby, CT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in East Granby, CT

I have been working at StubHub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can wear whatever you'd like to work, cool coworkers, free food and drinks, pretty straight-forward job.

Cons

No grace period..not even a couple minutes (I guess those don't exist for call centers), always an issue with the website which leads to unhappy customers which leads to low NPS. Speaking of NPS, there needs to be an additional question on the survey. A customer might receive top notch customer service, but the issue wasn't resolved and they give a low promoter score. That reflects poorly on the rep which isn't cool, especially since the job is all about metrics. Not allowed to speak honestly about your concerns/criticism with management or you will be fired (seen it happen). Seems like unless you're a favorite, you're pretty much stuck in customer service. Only seems to promote from within which isn't awful, I guess, but a bummer if you'd like to apply for something other than customer service.

Advice to Management

Work on the website, please. It's always stressed on reps to keep number of contacts down (first contact resolution). Can't do that if there's always an issue.

Consider hiring for positions based on qualifications. Everyone shouldn't HAVE to start on CS floor and stay there for months (maybe a year or two) before being hired into the actual company. You've got people who are more than capable and qualified to work in other departments working this painfully repetitive cs job just wondering when the hell they can do something else.

"Customer Service Supervisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in East Granby, CT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in East Granby, CT

I have been working at StubHub full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Simply put, the best job I have ever had... Hands down. My role is to develop peoples skills and pull out their best qualities. If I do that job well, then I help them to grow personally and also assist them in getting a job from within our company, in which, when they succeed, that will help StubHub to continue to stay in it's number one position. The company wants to continue to be known as the "Greatest Business" and "Most Respected" ever, as far as the Entertainment Ticketing world is concerned. StubHub's main goal is to be the company that is known for "Serving our Fan's" and helping them with their Entertainment choices and experiences around the world. For succeeding with StubHub and executing my job, I have been rewarded by being able to attend some of the greatest sporting games and concert events all across North America. There is no price I could ever put on what my eyes have been lucky enough to see, simply by working hard and wanting to be a part of a Championship Team.

Current President brings so much to the table with his relationship building and business experience and skills. The company is thriving more than ever and it is just the beginning still. We have many years behind us, and numerous successful years for our future. The company is experimenting with being a "Primary" also, so again, there is a large, bright future ahead and the adventure of new worlds and new countries. Very exciting.

Cons

The growth is tremendous, at times it is a very busy environment that has a very fast paced feel to it. You are tested with your multitasking often, some people do not like that type of work. Also, the company is improving on communication from within constantly, but their is room for improvement still. Compensation can always be a bit better, but it is fair.

Advice to Management

I would encourage Mgmt. to promote more traveling from within the different locations. That is very powerful relationship building and Team building exercise that only will have positive results and benefits. I believe that people develop a higher level of respect for one another once they meet face to face. Also, please help to keep our company great by weeding out people that do not contribute or effectively do their jobs.

StubHub Response

May 16, 2016 – Director, Contact Center Operations

Thank you for your comments and the bright outlook you see for StubHub. We’re working hard to make StubHub a rewarding and fulfilling place for our people, and we’re happy to hear that you take so ... More

"Exciting vision with fun people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at StubHub full-time

Pros

+ If you love events & experiences, there's no better place. Employees are fans, and you get to work with some of the most experienced and informed people in the sports, music, theater industries.
    + Much smaller than parent company eBay, with more of a startup attitude and ability to get things done.
    + Clear plan for growth and continued expansion.
    + Plenty of raffles for leftover tickets!

Cons

- Workspaces need an upgrade, especially to compete with other tech/commerce companies. (Pro: Leadership team is aware and making updates where possible.)
    - International travel is coach class (recent change from parent company eBay).

Advice to Management

Thank you for starting the journey of understanding employee likes/dislikes/needs. It's the first step to building a great culture. Lots of work to do, but at least acknowledging the gaps and putting plans in place to address is a great first step.